Members Collabs section
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174560
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,607 Posts
Members Collabs section

Just wonder if we already have a section on here for this..and, if not, can we have one..in this "Community Center" section of the forum?

I know some might say there's not enough interest to warrant such a section / thread, but I think it's more a case of just having it there for anyone who is so inclined in the first place..and it's just one thread we're talking about..

It seems like it's something we should have anyway..a thread just for people wanting to mess around and/or work with some other member/s on here..plus it's another way of giving people a way of coming together and using this place to better the production skills..would sit well under / along side the IDMf BBs and QAWN, too.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37660
Re: Members Collabs section

I second this. A place separate from the classifieds makes sense, considering collabs can often times get obscured by people selling gear or whatever. Plz, thx

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
I second this. A place separate from the classifieds makes sense, considering collabs can often times get obscured by people selling gear or whatever. Plz, thx
Exactly what I was thinking, V..thanks for supporting the idea..nice one!

------------------
Old 12-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533280
Thanked 6,847 Times in 4,875 Posts

Imma play devil's advocate here and just say...won't this end up being a waste bin of sorts? I mean after the collaborators get together won't everything just go over to some kind of private messaging? So it would end up just being a punch of 2-3 post threads? Granted, that isn't too different from the classifieds, but the classifieds section is not well-traveled IMO.

And I've always thought this forum had a crazy amount of subsections anyway. All that being said, I would love to see more members making music babies together. So I'm all for the spirit of the idea. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough to see the benefit ;p

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37660

The last time I was looking for that kind of stuff, it seemed like people didn't specify genres or even link to their music, save for their SC account being loaded down by various genres.

Technically if it operated sort of like the LB but for interested collaborators (with enforced genres, so people don't just throw out wildcards to collaborate with anybody) it would probably work well. I would love to see something like that happen, personally.

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
A.M (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Imma play devil's advocate here and just say...won't this end up being a waste bin of sorts? I mean after the collaborators get together won't everything just go over to some kind of private messaging? So it would end up just being a punch of 2-3 post threads? Granted, that isn't too different from the classifieds, but the classifieds section is not well-traveled IMO.

And I've always thought this forum had a crazy amount of subsections anyway. All that being said, I would love to see more members making music babies together. So I'm all for the spirit of the idea. Maybe I'm just not imaginative enough to see the benefit ;p
Yeah, I get what you mean..but the whole point of having a dedicated thread/section for it means..like V touched on..posts about collabs don't disappear into the cracks over in the Classified section.

Tbh, I didn't even know there were people looking to collab over there..and I'm guessing I'm not the only one on here who didn't know that..which basically highlights the need for a collab space on here.

Your point about most taking the form of a few posts is probably right, though..well, initially anyway. My guess is there would be "low point" in the process, similar to the way things went with QAWM, while people actually worked on their tracks..but once a collab is finished, then it would be great to see those involved posting again about it, letting the rest of the community know..even if it is only to direct them over to the Members Releases section.

Still, it's no big deal if we don't have a place for collabs..I just thought it would be a cool thing to have..kind of another reason for folks to drop in here..that kind of thing. Anyway, like everything else on here, I guess the majority will decide..or Fid..more than likely Fid. (..wtf is Fid when you need him? )

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #7
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533280
Thanked 6,847 Times in 4,875 Posts

Absolutely AM. I always seem to come off as a bit of a dick online, at least IMO, I honestly just had questions, but all that clears it up. It would be cool if they kept all the communication public in the thread, if not the tracks in progress. I dunno if anyone would actually be up for doing that. It would be hard to keep the shit posters out probably (rasies hand!), but would be cool if something like that could be done. To kinda see how the communication process goes.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (12-04-2017)