Anyone here using Cubase?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
huhudead
Regular Freak
huhudead will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Anyone here using Cubase?

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone here is using Cubase to produce industrial, power electronics and that kind of stuff. And if not, what is everyone using? I'm really just curious about it. I don't know if there's a thread about this already but if there is, please re-direct me to it.

Advertisements

huhudead is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389798
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,762 Posts
Re: Anyone here using Cubase?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

etc...
There is even a subforum called [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, where all kinds of DAWs are discussed.

I work in Cubase, but I don't make industrial/power electronics, etc.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
huhudead
Regular Freak

Thanks dude, sorry I thought it would be the best to post it in this section since everyone in here has something to do with those kinds of genres
Old 09-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #4
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhudead View Post
Thanks dude, sorry I thought it would be the best to post it in this section since everyone in here has something to do with those kinds of genres
Ah the ever-recurring genre-based DAW inquiry. I've used Reason and Logic previously, but found myself more comfortable with Ableton in the long run.

------------------
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:00 AM   #5
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963433
Thanked 4,080 Times in 2,706 Posts

^^^ DO you use Reason with Ableton at all?
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280899
Thanked 1,167 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
The only people who ask about what DAWs others use for genres are those that don't know what they're doing.

It Doesn't Matter™ otherwise.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to candlesayshi
chasedobson (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #7
mholloway
Master of the LFO
mholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MCmholloway is a savage MC
Portland, Oregon, USA
MC Status: 1436009

Ableton Live here.

I started on Reason, YEARS ago. Like V.2 I think. I still like it and run it into Live via rewire, but only occasionally.

------------------

a modern twist on old-school electro-industrial music:
https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/deadwhenifoundher
mholloway is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 05:37 AM   #8
Audilepsy
Minor Glitch
Audilepsy will become famous soon enough
Michigan

Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone here is using Cubase to produce industrial, power electronics and that kind of stuff. And if not, what is everyone using? I'm really just curious about it. I don't know if there's a thread about this already but if there is, please re-direct me to it.
I don't necessarily make just industrial but i am a cubase user. I make anything that comes to mind, trap, dnb, ambient, glitch, IDM, dubstep, etc. literally anything that happens in my daw will happen.
Audilepsy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 05:38 AM   #9
Audilepsy
Minor Glitch
Audilepsy will become famous soon enough
Michigan

Quote:
What version of cubase are you using? I'm currently on pro 8 (i see no reason to upgrade to 8.5 other than for retrologue 2..)
Audilepsy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 07:21 AM   #10
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
^^^ DO you use Reason with Ableton at all?
Less so over time, I last upgraded at 6.5, since then I maybe pull it out every couple months for old times sake, but it doesn't hold much added usefulness for me nowadays, mostly just a distraction vis-a-vis having to set it up and do all the extra routing. If I could use Logic and Ableton together without Ableton slaving I'd probably be more excited by that. Especially since they robbed us of Alchemy!

------------------
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #11
huhudead
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
The only people who ask about what DAWs others use for genres are those that don't know what they're doing.

It Doesn't Matter™ otherwise.
Well, have I ever said that I know what I am doing? Not really.
And also, I'm just curious. I know that the DAW doesn't matter, I'm just seeing if anyone else uses Cubase for it. But thanks anyway...
Old 16-12-2015, 10:40 PM   #12
huhudead
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audilepsy View Post
What version of cubase are you using? I'm currently on pro 8 (i see no reason to upgrade to 8.5 other than for retrologue 2..)
I'm using Cubase LE 7, that I got with my audio interface. I haven't used it all that much but I'm trying to figure it out and see if Cubase is something for me
Old 11-01-2016, 03:41 PM   #13
Synoiz
Regular Freak
Synoiz has a spectacular aura aboutSynoiz has a spectacular aura aboutSynoiz has a spectacular aura about
Sunderland
MC Status: 210

Hilariously I'm still using Cubase 2 for some stuff. I haven't bought a copy of it since then and have VSTs that apparently don't work in the newer versions so just open up Cubase 2, make some sounds on there and then export them as WAV to use in my other DAWs.
Always liked the interface of Cubase over things like Ableton like!
Synoiz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #14
Traumatracks
Learning The Ropes
Traumatracks is currently spamming hard
Oosterwolde
MC Status: 10

I use Cubase 6 and to be honest; it doesn't really matter which daw you are using, most important is the ability to load VST and VSTi's. If you make industrial you probably want to use samples and synths that fit the sound you are looking for. Basically it's not the daw, it's the sounds within the daw that will determine the sound. And you ofcourse. :-) I am still using Cubase because i learned how to use it years ago and just stuck with it.

Advertisements

Traumatracks is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Mechina - Progenitor