IDMf037: μ-metik - Paths **OUT NOW**
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon14 IDMf037: μ-metik - Paths **OUT NOW**

FREE DOWNLOAD

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Download this entire album FREE here:

IDMF037: μ-metik - Paths

Imagine if someone took you to a perfectly relaxed environment where they could soothe your tensions and ease you into a relaxed and peaceful, meditative state. Just as you fall into a blissful slumber you suddenly wake up again, only you haven’t really woken up, you’re still unconscious, just lucid, unexpectedly thrown into a dream where the world around you is a giant computer and its various components make wonderful sounds that match the glitchy beats and the futuristic synths.

So imagine now that you are in these two different places. You walk through computer glitch city where everything is dark science fiction but you look to the sky and all you can see is the room where you sleep. In that room, the unconscious you can hear the birds singing outside. The unconscious you can hear rainfall, someone playing the piano, someone playing a guitar.

This is what μ-metik’s Paths feels like, being lost in a computer dream as the sleeping you feeds a subconscious stream of natural sounds down from the sky. Paths can’t easily be categorised to a single genre. The contrast of the acoustic instruments to the electronic glitches and synths creates a unique imagery. The recordings and gentle ambience next to the dark broody pulse of the music and a sound design all its own, μ-metik has hit on something that demands your attention.

Tracklist:
1) Path/01: Small Paths Towards Solitude
2) Path/02: Long Paths Towards Autonomy
3) Path/03: Unmeasurable Paths Towards Essence
4) Revealing
5) Fragment/01
6) Fragment/02
7) Juliette’s Whispers
8) There Is Just Us

Thanks
μ-metik would like to thank Freesound.org and all the people there involved, for being such an invaluable source of samples, and sound design inspiration.
A big thank you also goes to the people that supported me during the whole process: without their support, both musical and emotional, this project could have never been accomplished. Thanks.

DOWNLOAD FREE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Credits
Project organizing by the idmforums.com community
Art by μ-metik
Video by μ-metik
Mastering by Ben “Benwaa” Walthew

"IDMf037 μ-metik - Paths on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is licensed under a [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Benwaa; 05-11-2012 at 12:39 AM..

Advertisements

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963098
Thanked 1,145 Times in 881 Posts
Re: IDMf037: μ-metik - Paths **OUT NOW**

listening to it right now

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533030
Thanked 6,842 Times in 4,871 Posts

So stoked. Running, not walking to the download button.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

I've been anticipating this, thanks for posting!

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
Benwaa

this is one awesome and very amazing release, such depth and reality embedded in every track. just awesome! props μ-metik
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Benwaa
unknown__artist (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743043

Another release I've been wanting to hear....Guess what? I'm listening now. Woo hoo.

EDIT - Really enjoying this so far. Nice work u-metik.

Last edited by bbb; 05-11-2012 at 01:19 AM..

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #7
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

very cool. will definitely zone out to these later tonight

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg
MC Status: 22144205

Thanks everybody!! Hope you'll like it!

------------------
My Ep "I Am A Dead Man" is out on Xylem Records

Departure (Bonus Track) Video
Soundcloud: μ-metik
Facebook: μ-metik
Twitter:μ-metik
unknown__artist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Son of Akira
IDMf Artist
Son of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MC
over yonder, behind them old railroad tracks
MC Status: 47684920

heard this on the idmfradio earlier

fucking fantastic

i'm not sure if it sounds ready for beatport, but still, pretty great

------------------
Son of Akira is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Son of Akira
unknown__artist (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

just came back AND SAW THIS!!!!!!!!! ON the DL!

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Really nice work here, it's not every day you get to hear a record like this.

Congratulations on your first release man, I'm really happy for you.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Got through about half of this on my way to work. Really beautiful. I wasn't even watching the track numbers...everything just flowed together so well...and when that beat finally comes together in like...I dunno track 2 or 3...<3

Really awesome work. The vibes are unreal!

------------------
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg

Quote:
Really nice work here, it's not every day you get to hear a record like this.

Congratulations on your first release man, I'm really happy for you.
Thanks, man. I don't know if it is what you expected from what I sent you before the interview, I hope so...

------------------

Old 05-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Got through about half of this on my way to work. Really beautiful. I wasn't even watching the track numbers...everything just flowed together so well...and when that beat finally comes together in like...I dunno track 2 or 3...<3

Really awesome work. The vibes are unreal!
I'm really glad it gives this sense of flowing. Really, thanks for taking the time to listen to this...

------------------

Thanks to unknown__artist
relic (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown__artist View Post
I'm really glad it gives this sense of flowing. Really, thanks for taking the time to listen to this...
It's time well spent. The whole album certain has a more than average sense of cohesion. Really beautiful mixture of sound design and organic instruments. I love how often those glitchy sounds are just barely audible, kind of playing almost randomly in the background.

This is giving me some ideas for what I'm working on at the moment.

------------------
Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
This is giving me some ideas for what I'm working on at the moment.
Probably more then some other comments I got, this strikes a deep chord. I would like to explain why, but I'm not emotionally capable of doing it right now. Sorry about that.

------------------

Thanks to unknown__artist
relic (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #17
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown__artist View Post
Thanks, man. I don't know if it is what you expected from what I sent you before the interview, I hope so...
Honestly it's everything I had hoped it would be and so much more.

Sounds like a canned reply but it's true.

------------------
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #18
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

When I made that last post I had only streamed the record while driving around in the car, well...

I just went out to my garage, opened the door half way, dimmed the lights, fired up the studio and listened through on my KRK's.

What a triumph this record is. The way the elements melt into one another and take you away to another reality is really what this record is all about. I love how the acoustic instruments and field data meld together in perfect harmony with impeccable sound design. The sounds have a way of creeping up on you but when they do they feel as if they were always there. I'm absolutely blown away by what you were able to do here.

There have been a few tracks that I have heard, as of late, that make me question the direction and method in my own electronic music production; this has done exactly that and then some.

Superbly phenomenal this is on all fronts.

Last edited by RFJ; 06-11-2012 at 07:22 AM..

------------------
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

I had my first pass through of this album yesterday and I'm very excited. I can't wait to get deeper into it with more listens, and coax out some of the subtlety and detail.

------------------
Quote:
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 AM   #20
MKoussa
-_\\\
MKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MCMKoussa is a savage MC
Kansas City
MC Status: 62780155

Dude, I wasn't expecting this.

Dude...

This.....

This is fucking good.

Like, Jesus Fucking Christ.

Advertisements

------------------
Out Now! Free Download

http://www.MKoussa.com/