Shazam
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 27-09-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
nashscan
Regular Freak
nashscan is currently spamming hard
Nashville, TN
MC Status: 10
Shazam

Do you ever feel like an outcast when you listen to music? Half the stuff I listen to Shazam doesn't recognize.

Advertisements

nashscan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Crystal Tokyo
Old 18-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
kennytynan
Minor Glitch
kennytynan will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Shazam

Feck shazam, they wont let me update my artist profile until I get a verified twitter or facebook account. Assholes. All I want to do it put up a profile pic so it doesn't look amateur.
kennytynan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #3
ms_
IDMf Artist
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 123460
Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,446 Posts

if shatzam detects what you're listening, my advice is to delete band's entire discography, call them sellouts and start hating them.
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #4
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 63410
Thanked 1,268 Times in 933 Posts

Buggy piece of shit app doesn't hear anything.

Switched to Soundhound. But generally as said above. A mark of distinction. I'm not so good at discerning the exact album that Taylor Swift song is from or whatever other cute girl is singing the catchy tune that's playing. I do know that I won't care about it any more in a month or two.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 01:14 AM   #5
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 27160

I listen to a bunch of stuff. Found out what some of it was on Shazammalammabam sure, but I've found more on Pandora and even more relevant stuff to what I'm making in here.

Think of it this way, you're not weird, you just refuse to be a sheep for the man. The man wants you to think you're weird so you'll submit to him, but you're a free thinker man, and that makes you better than everyone else.
Or, you know, something between there and just calling yourself an outcast.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #6
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18027819

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashscan View Post
Do you ever feel like an outcast when you listen to music? Half the stuff I listen to Shazam doesn't recognize.
yea i do feel like that, but i dont care. if everybody wants to listen to the same shit based on the fact that everybody else is listening to it then thats their loss.
as far as shazam is concerned, fuck them

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 04:21 AM   #7
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Eh, not really tbh. I love the weird, obscure music that I listen to. It makes me feel like my own person. And it's fun to share all my weird stuff with people because they end up liking it as well and give the best compliment ever: "You have great taste in music".

Shazam is great when watching a TV show that plays great music (like "Breaking Bad"). Lots of awesome new songs to discover.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #8
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110150
Thanked 2,177 Times in 1,413 Posts

I feel like an asshat when I listen to music.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts

You mean like..

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 12:15 AM   #10
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45947631
Thanked 5,789 Times in 3,636 Posts

You just listened to Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

Next track on the playlist: Taylor Swift - 1989

ALGORITHMS, MAN!
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
A.M (24-10-2016)
Old 24-10-2016, 12:56 AM   #11
Vault O)))
Buttcase
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
St. Augustine
MC Status: 54510
Thanked 1,090 Times in 715 Posts

Only a diehard fan would know there's no 1989 track on the 1989 album!

Also, I'd be impressed if Shazam could ID anything below the RIAADAR. But I'd love to try it on some HNW just for shits and giggles
Vault O))) is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
Numerical (24-10-2016)
Old 24-10-2016, 01:14 AM   #12
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18027819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Only a diehard fan would know there's no 1989 track on the 1989 album!

Also, I'd be impressed if Shazam could ID anything below the RIAADAR. But I'd love to try it on some HNW just for shits and giggles

about 7-8 years ago i tried it on a few tracks of "far from mainstream" dutch gabber as well as some other semi-underground stuff to show a friend that it wouldnt be that great. i was wrong. it found everything i tried even though i was playing it from my phone (which was a shitty old thing) and he was picking it up using his phone (also shitty, but not as shitty as mine).

i cant remember the tracks i used, but the first one i tried was "antichristus - the dark lord". i thought it wouldnt find it, so when it did i upped my game and went even more underground, but cant remember what i tried

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #13
Bruzy
Analog Lurker
Bruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really nice
MC Status: 360

haha true that

Advertisements

Bruzy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote