Ableton Live 9.5 Educational Version
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
The last of the last particles
MC Status: 6951633
Thanked 3,844 Times in 2,557 Posts
Ableton Live 9.5 Educational Version

Is there any difference, full version vs educational version? Also, to qualify do you need to be in the music field or can any ole teacher get the discount? I want to dive in the full version by winter break. Is there some sort of clause about not using samples professionally?

Advertisements

------------------
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199643768
Thanked 4,890 Times in 3,157 Posts
Re: Ableton Live 9.5 Educational Version

They might say you need to be a music teacher, I've read the requirements before but don't remember what they say exactly. But you should just e mail them and say you're planning on implimenting it in your classroom next year in some way and I'm sure they'll approve it. I'm not sure if the EDU version is Standard or Suite but whatever it is it's the same as the full price retail version of whatever package it is, suite or standard. I've e mailed software companies before about stuff like this and found them to be only semi strict on their rules as related to who qualifies.

Edit: oh a likely restriction would be resale. As in its a license for you and you only without any ability of transfer to another party at any point in time.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC

It is 9 suite and is 499 instead of the 799. It sounds like I would have to verify through a teacher ID or get a school verification. It doesn't say anything about being a music teacher or music student. I am actually considering using music in the classroom when we learn about sound waves but it would need to be a free ap or relatively cheap for the i-Pad.

I was wondering if anyone gone that route or not. I do plan on teaching piano in the near future however I do not have an ID for that.

------------------
Old 12-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

have you considered checking eBay? There's one EDU version on there right now for 350.00. I'm a firm believer in all things eBay even the purchase of software which involves license transfer from the seller. The seller in that particular listing says the EDU verification process is very simple.

Here - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Thanks to RFJ
Muse-ic (12-06-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 10:24 PM   #5
Muse-ic
Wanderer

I am also a student at a University so I could just go that route. Thank you for searching this out...

------------------
Old 12-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #6
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

No problemo.

------------------
Old 12-06-2015, 10:36 PM   #7
Muse-ic
Wanderer

I emailed the seller and asked a few questions. I am also going to email Ableton really quick to check on the qualifications. If this is all a go, I think I will be in business!

------------------
Thanks to Muse-ic
RFJ (12-06-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 12:59 AM   #8
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6892609
Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,985 Posts

Ableton's student pricing is for the products as is. You buy Live, you get Live. You buy Live suite, you get Live suite.

In order to qualify for educational pricing you either need to be enrolled in any educational course or employed by an educator.

Advertisements

------------------
For reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God*

satan = f i d
my master, my god, my lord and savior = f i d d y
my boner = f i d e l i u m

* I am not God.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote