Is Reaper v5 stable? Bug report?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 17-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts
Is Reaper v5 stable? Bug report?

Hey, Reaper v5 just came out. Is anybody having any troubles with it yet?

I have a stable system running v4.78 so I'm a bit hesitant and installing and updating.
If you have any bugs or gripes about v5 what are they? Or if everything is going well let me know what you like about the update...

Thanks

Advertisements

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 03:20 AM   #2
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31260
Re: Is Reaper v5 stable? Bug report?

So far, so good for me. I'm running a mac.

------------------
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to badmotor
Nystagmus (18-08-2015)
Old 05-09-2015, 05:12 AM   #3
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC

Man... I gotta do an update here.

Been using this all week and I've had a lot of crashes. Never used to happen on V4, but now it happens all the time. Don't always know why, but it definitely happens when I click on vst3 plugins (supposed to be supported in this new version).

I just lost 2 hours of work. So pissed right now. Keep in mind I'm on the Mac version and not Windows.

------------------
Thanks to badmotor
Nystagmus (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #4
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon9 Re: Is Reaper v5 stable? Bug report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotor View Post
Man... I gotta do an update here.

Been using this all week and I've had a lot of crashes. Never used to happen on V4, but now it happens all the time. Don't always know why, but it definitely happens when I click on vst3 plugins (supposed to be supported in this new version).

I just lost 2 hours of work. So pissed right now. Keep in mind I'm on the Mac version and not Windows.
That's too bad, man. sorry for your loss.
I've been using v5 alright now for a few weeks, but I never used any VST3's. Thanks for the heads up.

------------------

Old 05-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt

I've also found that bridging 32bit plugins has now become quite unstable. Used to work so well in Reaper. Got a few crusty old's that do unique sounds that I guess I'll have to ditch.

------------------
Old 06-09-2015, 06:04 AM   #6
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
Icon2 Re: Is Reaper v5 stable? Bug report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotor View Post
I've also found that bridging 32bit plugins has now become quite unstable. Used to work so well in Reaper. Got a few crusty old's that do unique sounds that I guess I'll have to ditch.
You can still download version v.4.78, the version just before 5. I forget where the link is on the Reaper site, but they keep all the old versions somewhere on the site available for download. Ask there and somebody will let you know.

------------------

Thanks to Nystagmus
badmotor (06-09-2015)
Old 31-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
Animal Rescue
Regular Freak
Animal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

I'm running Reaper 5.11 and thankfully no issues at all. It's still an extremely stable DAW. I downloaded it the week it became available and I've recorded a couple demos with it since than and no issues. And that was running everything from Trash 2, Iris 2, EZDrummer 2, Fusor, T-Racks, Amplitude 3, Guitar Rig 5, Reaktor 6, Ohmicide, Kontat 5 plus other plug-ins. No crashes yet and some of the demos have over 100 tracks on them with many plug-ins running.
Sorry to hear you're having issues. That's one of the many things I love about Reaper, it's stability.
Animal Rescue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #8
NChil10
Granular Poster
NChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to allNChil10 is a name known to all
Sheffield
MC Status: 610

I've been running V5 for a couple of weeks with a few decent sized projects and not had any problems. Hope you get it sorted out soon.
NChil10 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #9
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.

At this point, I'm using v5.15 of Reaper and I just have one annoying bug: It keeps creating .LNK links to my project template and projects all over the place in any location I ever browse to. I reported it to the devs with supporting details but they haven't done anything about it. It's rather annoying, but it's the only bug. I can temporarily route it to the Temporary files directory, but as soon as I use the open or save function, it creates the .LNK (shortcut) there.

------------------

Old 17-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
Animal Rescue
Regular Freak
Animal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of lightAnimal Rescue is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 460

I'm running Reaper 5.23 right now and no issues at all. I've recorded a couple demos with it since than and no issues. And that was running everything from Trash 2, Iris 2, EZDrummer 2, Fusor, T-Racks, Amplitude 3, Guitar Rig 5, Reaktor 6, Ohmicide, Kontat 5 plus other plug-ins. On top of running guitars, basses and analog synths into it too. No crashes yet and some of the demos have over 150 tracks on them with many plug-ins running.
Is anyone really having anymore issues with Reaper stability? That's one of the many things I love about Reaper, it's rock solid stability.

Advertisements

Animal Rescue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote