Logic Pro 10.1 Released -
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 22-01-2015, 04:30 AM   #1
KymaFreq
Sample Destroyer
KymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MCKymaFreq is a savage MC
The Pacific NW
MC Status: 644385
Logic Pro 10.1 Released -

It's great to see that Apple is still actively developing Logic Pro X. There have been countless forum debates on several websites about the perceived "dumbing down" of Apple's pro applications including Logic and Final Cut Pro.

But with the new and improved features included in the 10.1 update, I think it's time for Logic to receive the respect that it clearly deserves. Is it perfect? No. Could there be more features and better stability? Yes. The same could be said about any other software out there.

There will always be critics that tend to dwell on the negative aspects of any DAW or plugin. And while constructive criticism is a healthy part of helping to improve software applications, I can't think of another DAW or workstation that packs such a feature-rich punch at Logic's amazingly low price point of $199 USD... period.

I know many will disagree, but please, let's not start a flame-war about "my software could beat up your software" (LOL). Checkout what's new and what's been improved:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

- KymaFreq

Advertisements

KymaFreq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 05:19 AM   #2
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6901709
Thanked 3,450 Times in 2,089 Posts
Re: Logic Pro 10.1 Released -

Man, Logic is looking more and more like Garageband every day.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
Evelon (23-01-2015)
Old 22-01-2015, 05:22 AM   #3
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31260

Garage Logic.
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to badmotor
Jaded (22-01-2015)
Old 22-01-2015, 05:37 AM   #4
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6901709
Thanked 3,450 Times in 2,089 Posts

Logic Band.

Create rational music.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #5
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 151460
Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,818 Posts

Genocidal rag bag.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
Slapped
Learning The Ropes
Slapped is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

It's unsurprising that Logic looks like Garageband - they're pretty much the same program. It's just that Garageband has a lot of the pro features disabled.

I can't say that I'm overly enamoured with the look of Logic, but I find it suits my workflow, and with this update there are a lot of things in there that I can put to immediate use.

By the way don't knock Garageband - dig deep and you'll find it's actually pretty damned powerful for a free DAW, often bettering the "lite" versions of Ableton or Cubase you'll find bundled with various bits of audio hardware. Looks, however, are not its forte.
Slapped is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: %u00D2lafur Arnalds
Old 23-01-2015, 01:38 AM   #7
Jonathan
Sample Destroyer
Jonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MCJonathan is a savage MC
Québec
MC Status: 323781

Quote:
Originally Posted by KymaFreq View Post
... Logic's amazingly low price point of $199 USD... period.
Here in Canada Logic went from 200$ to 300$ recently...

------------------
Jonathan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #8
rinzao
Minor Glitch
rinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond reputerinzao has a reputation beyond repute
Newcastle, belter!
MC Status: 3665

That's a shitload of changes ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
)

Brush tool and per-region automation. Nice.
rinzao is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 04:45 AM   #9
RU-NA
Learning The Ropes
RU-NA is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Logic's simplicity and ease of use is excellent for a smooth workflow, I use it form time to time. Good to know about the improvements. ..

Advertisements

RU-NA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote