Good bass synth for a deep house track
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 19-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
bradliano
Learning The Ropes
bradliano is currently spamming hard
London
MC Status: 10
Good bass synth for a deep house track

I'm pretty new to production and have been working on a house track for about a month or so, but i'm just not happy with the bass sound. Basically I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good bass synth OR give me a few tips to beef up the bass on a deep house track! I'm after a smooth almost dubby sounding bass
I use ableton btw

Cheers folks

Advertisements

bradliano is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237479
Re: Good bass synth for a deep house track

>Search Function.

Or nvm, I think there was an in-depth discussion of the synths for dubstep bass right in the first page.

Could you please be a bit more lazy. Like, remove half the letters from your words. Let me demonstrate how it'd work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradliano View Post
Benwaa Edit: Behave

Last edited by Benwaa; 19-01-2012 at 03:48 PM..

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
bradliano
Learning The Ropes
bradliano is currently spamming hard
London
MC Status: 10

Cant work out if you're taking the p1ss or not? not interested in torrents just wanted to know if anyone could recommend any good bass synths??
bradliano is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Benwaa

you don't need any specific bass ynth a it were, any half decent soft synth will make a decent ba sound if you program it to do so, maybe you could post an example of the sound you're trying to achieve and then you may get some advice on how to recreate that sound yourself using the tools you already have
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
MeshNation
MeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MCMeshNation is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 129798497

I usually use Massive, or sometimes just a bass guitar sample in simpler. But yes, like Ben says, for the nice deep, smooth bass sounds, you should be able to get pretty close with any synth. I also usually end up with quite heavy compression and often some extreme eq scultpting as well.

Another thing to try sometimes is to duplicate the bass track, low-pass filter one and hi-pass the other, then add a bit of subtle chorus or phasing to the hi-passed version to give it a bit more movement.

Last edited by MeshNation; 19-01-2012 at 11:26 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
MeshNation is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote