JJAWM - relic - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 03-07-2015, 01:52 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8552080
Thanked 7,223 Times in 5,114 Posts
Re: JJAWM - relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid_air View Post
Yeah, I like the second one a bot more. Some nice elements in there and sounds really clean.

I was just thinking that when I think Dub, I have this Kruder & Dorfmeister sound in mind. I wasn't feeling that groove. I always thought Dub reminded me of Reggae, but I've only encountered it much in the Trip Hop/Lounge arena.

This has a nice chill feel to it, but to me it seems a bit undecided between styles. I guess that may really excite some listeners, but for me it didn't quite work. If you went for that tension between styles, you nailed it. If you wanted it to be really Dub oriented, I guess some more base and lo-fi syncopation might fit.

Just not really my thing, this sound, so I may not be all that helpful here.

Cheers,

Andy
if you are talking about the one rfj commented on...yea it ended up being a bit all over the place...I think when I edit this I'm going to drop the chords and cut it around the six minute mark...I appreciate the comments as these are all sketches really...I'm going to go back and edit the arrangement so this is useful...love K&D btw!

I'll do a proper dub techno track for the lets make some techno thread here soon

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks