[FAWM] scyn's FAWM tunes - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 10-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8552330
Thanked 7,228 Times in 5,117 Posts
Re: [FAWM] scyn's FAWM tunes

#2: very sexy...sounds like a bad ass biker just walked into a strip club where the girls are way too good looking for the small, dusty town the club is in. Not that this is purely sound track material, but I could see using this in a brief montage in a movie. A lot of nice change ups. Guitar is sounding fantastic. I think its just the right length as well. Gives me enough to want more so I click play again.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 13-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #22
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts

Heh - thanks for the comments. I totally didn't get the cop/biker vibes from track 2 so interesting how common a theme it is amongst people I've shown it too.

Track 3 is up. Really haven't had my head in it this week so I just sketched out a very basic thing then grabbed the mic and a few fx chains and made some noises over the top. I quite like the feel of it, some moments of the vocal stuff sound really nice but it could do with more direction. Hopefully try get another one done before the weekend.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 13-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6660

Third one is a gooder. Super chill.
TL072 is offline   Thanks
Old 14-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #24
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\

Track 4 is up - a happy little friday ditty doo thingamagoo.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 15-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #25
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 190260
Thanked 3,805 Times in 2,832 Posts

First off..I've got half a ltr of rum and coke in me..so stick with me on this.

Basically liked it..the piano sounded a bit "up close" in the ears..and the reast of it was pretty smooth in general. Only thing..aside form the pianos..was it was too short..really liked it.

Mind you, like I said, I do have half a bottle of rum in me right now..so I meant to come back to this in the morning and re-check it..so take all of this with a pinch of salt.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
scyn (16-02-2014)
Old 16-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #26
scyn
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\

Track 5 is up in yo face! Hey it's a little bit short and where it ends I reckon it could be developed further into another section but oohaah - I need to move on now.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 16-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #27
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Disregard my previous post..track 4 is cool. Lesson to learn here is not to drink too much and expect to think critically after.

Track 5 is great..works really well as it is and I hope you really do get round to completing it later. The energy in it reminds me a lot of early stuff by The Prodigy..nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 18-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #28
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69460
Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,031 Posts

i love track 5, the skippy synths, and the glitchy drums, I liked the pad at the end also, I could easily imagine that expanding/building into a second half with moar

track 4 is nice also, the chopped the lead with the different effects/patches, its very nice. I really like the vocal as it delays and drowns out the track is smooth and easy the ending is abrupt but fits really well, I personally like this alot, nice scyn

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks
Old 19-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #29
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

3 and 4 are both great for different reasons. really love 3 and in intricacy of it. cool little blips and bloops and whirrs etc. probably my fave so far.

4 sounds like music for a high octane arcade game or something. also very nice production value. great stuff

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks
Old 22-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #30
scyn
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\

Track 6 is up. Takes it's time to build but it does something eventually . Played around with some arps and midi fx to generate some repetitive little noisy things and ended up with an ambient kinda track.

Also thanks stem dude for the comments .
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 23-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #31
scyn
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\

And Track 7 is also up. My bad - it's very short I know. Used more vox this time - maybe that's why I made it so short . Anyway - I kinda dig it so far.
scyn is offline   Thanks
Old 24-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #32
Xenon
IDMf Artist
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160

Just took the time to listen through all your tracks and I really like it.

Listening to this and knowing the nature of your previous work as well, gives me some idea of the music going through an evolution, specifically the style of the music. It’s as if it takes you through some kind of journey…

Track 1 very much reminds me of the stuff from you I know, very glitchy, effect-based instead of an instrumental focus. I really like that droning bass and all the clicks and whistles you use.

Track 2 isn’t one of my favourites, but it’s brilliantly done. I like @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
’s reference to ZZ Top, that typical chopper-gang music we hear in the movies.

Track 3 feels a bit disconnected from 2 for me, it’s this ambient piece right after the energetic track 2, though I suppose it’s not really intended to, or perhaps I’m not looking at the bigger picture . I like the track though with the lightning/thunder effects and just the ambiance the track creates, it sends my imagination to a completely different world, like a self-discovering journey through some icy mountain tops.

Track 4 goes well with the previous track, as if the journey continues. It gives me a mysterious feel, as if someone is looking for something, like a detective looking for clues or something.

Track 5 is one of my favourites, I already left a SC comment. Elements of your original ‘style’ is still retained, yet it’s completely different to what I’m used to. I really like the energy the track creates. This track is to me the climax of the journey, with stuff calming down again after this.

Track 6 has perhaps a bit too long intro, but what’s coming is worth the wait. I like how the track evolves from almost just a 'bunch of effects and artefacts' to something simpler and more melodic towards the end.

Track 7’s intro also merges well with the previous track’s ending though I’m not that fond of the intro (just personal taste). The last part of the track (from 1:18) is awesome. It feels like it takes everything full circle, to a similar style to that of track 1, as if you can just carry on from the beginning again.

I don't even know if you intended for the tracks to go with each other as I imagine it, but nonetheless this is a good album so far that I really enjoyed listening to (numerous times as I was writing this).
How many tracks do you still intend to add?

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Xenon
scyn (25-02-2014)
Old 25-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #33
A.M

Track 6: Yeah..I can see how the intro might be viewed as being too long, even though I feel it works as is..it might benefit from having that gentle melodic pad, that kicks in during the transition, play from the start down low..with a slow fade-in on it to give a little more life to the intro..but I wouldn't cut the intro length as I think it helps define the track in general and is important to the overall mood of the piece.

Liked it a lot..nice "sounds from life" feel to it.

Track 7: Kind of the opposite of track 6 with this I think: Intro felt a bit too drawn out and then when the vocals did kick in it was all over. Left wanting more from this and would have loved to hear it evolve into a much longer tack.

I think you have the bones of something really solid here, Scyn. Hope you come back to this one and develop it more. Again, I liked the use of sounds in this track and the over all mood. Nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
scyn (25-02-2014)
Old 27-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #34
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Track 3- Beautiful beginning...really love the sonic melody in contrast to the other sounds. Really like this. I imagine listening to this while on a walk, nice feeling and vibe with this.

Track 4- This is awesome, love the beats and everything. Surprising elements that I wasn't expecting. LOVE the switch between piano and other sounds. So unique. I want this track LOVE it.

Track 5- This would be awesome in car chase in a movie, love the urgency in this. Percussion ROCKS.

Track 6- Really different, great build and keeps you wondering what is around the corner..nice soundscape.

Track 7- Again quite unique, loved the 1:20 part on to the end...very sexy

Advertisements

Muse-ic is offline   Thanks