[FAWM] Ambient Mechanics FAWM tunes - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Quarterly Album Writing Month (QAWM) IDMf's Quarterly Album Writing Month project. Find all things QAWM related PLUS members own QAWM music!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:03 PM   #21
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198410
Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,955 Posts
Re: [FAWM] Ambient Mechanics FAWM tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
Yeah it's a strange thing with the bass because the track works both ways - so I'm cool with it how it is, but if you were to do an album, you could almost two a double album where the second one is a heavier, more driven version of the tracks.

How you enjoying Alchemy btw - you got it as a gift recently didn't ya?
Yeah, that's right. Happy as a pig in shit with it.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
relic (05-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #22
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

Hey, I happen to be working on a track with a bubble type sound. I like it! My only suggestion is that maybe a different drum sound that would tie in the other sounds. Or it would be cool with some addition psychedelic guitars/distorted sounds...to cut through the space a bit.

Again I like how you are able to cross the spectrum with different tracks each time, good work. I look forward to hearing what you have next!
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Muse-ic
A.M (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #23
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Thanks, M..know what you mean about it and I agree. As per my other reply here, this isn't the track it was meant to be..more like the one that would do, if you know what I mean.

If I were to officially release this, then I'd certainly go back and hack it into shape..but it will more than do for this challenge as it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #24
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts

Wow! Six tracks already, wasn't expecting that. I want to say that Departure and Transcieve stand out as my favorites of the lot. Your overall musical style is collected and calm, enjoyed everything I head so far.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Thanks to PROton42
A.M (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 01:54 AM   #25
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
Wow! Six tracks already, wasn't expecting that. I want to say that Departure and Transcieve stand out as my favorites of the lot. Your overall musical style is collected and calm, enjoyed everything I head so far.
I think me luvs you.

Seriously..thanks for that, B..really nice of you to say such things..really appreciate it and happy you enjoyed em so much..made my day.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #26
NightlightSociety
Master of the LFO
NightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond reputeNightlightSociety has a reputation beyond repute
Bay Area
MC Status: 2910

Very nice tracks! I enjoyed them all, The sound of all the synths are really nice, and everything seems very original in the sense that you have your own sound man, And its really fantastic Transceive is definitely my favorite, Such a great track. Theres something about it that's just so eerie and beautiful and stuff haha. I can picture some aerial footage of like a waterfall as this song plays over it, if you get what i mean Really fantastic so far, I honestly dont know how you've made so many tracks, I just started on my second last night haha.

Keep up the good work. ~ Lucas

------------------
NightlightSociety is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 02:19 AM   #27
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlightSociety View Post
Very nice tracks! I enjoyed them all, The sound of all the synths are really nice, and everything seems very original in the sense that you have your own sound man, And its really fantastic Transceive is definitely my favorite, Such a great track. Theres something about it that's just so eerie and beautiful and stuff haha. I can picture some aerial footage of like a waterfall as this song plays over it, if you get what i mean Really fantastic so far, I honestly dont know how you've made so many tracks, I just started on my second last night haha.

Keep up the good work. ~ Lucas
Aw shuck, Lucas..between you and Boretron..I'm going to bed in a few minutes a very happy man. Thanks so much for the kind words and compliments..which really are very much appreciated.

It reading things like this that really help inspire me and keep me doing this, as sometimes it feels like nobody out there is really into my kind of stuff anymore..kind of behind the times, so to speak..so reading your words makes it all the more personal to me.

As for producing so many in a matter of days..I guess it's my workflow really. I'm at the desk between 9 and 10 in the morning each day and take about an hour and half away..then don't finish up until 7 or 8 at night..and that's between 5 and 6 days a week..every week. So it's hardly any wonder they're coming to me in a flow like this atm.

Up until Christmas just gone, I used to be a night bird..and didn't do nearly as much as I do now since I changed my lifestyle around for the new year..but it's working wonders for me right now and I hope it stays like this.

Anyway, thanks again, man, for the kind words and compliments..really nice of you to say such things.

Last edited by A.M; 05-02-2014 at 02:28 AM..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #28
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

Track 3: Ha! Nice one. Reminds me a bit of the Chemical Brothers. Big, wide noisy techno. I'd like to see you bring that melodic string? further forward and make it glisten. Loving that tranced out upbeat vibe. You start to bring in some subtle, brassy analog sounds, loving that touch of movement and urgency it adds to the track.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 04:40 AM   #29
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

Hey AM, I'll listen to all of these tomorrow. I was looking at this yesterday and got intimidated by how many you already had up, teehee.

Keep the muse locked up.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 05:52 AM   #30
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
MC Status: 6963183
Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,700 Posts

You have awesome style and it comes through in your music. I was listening to your album again today and was really struck by the emotion and heart you put in your music. Track 5 was just hauntingly beautiful.I am sorry if I came across as critiquing your tracks. I think it comes more from a place where I find them inspiring and unique so it gets ideas going in my head. So it really comes from being inspired.

I look forward to everything you post.
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #31
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Track 3: Ha! Nice one. Reminds me a bit of the Chemical Brothers. Big, wide noisy techno. I'd like to see you bring that melodic string? further forward and make it glisten. Loving that tranced out upbeat vibe. You start to bring in some subtle, brassy analog sounds, loving that touch of movement and urgency it adds to the track.
Yeah..I hear what you mean on that one. That's the thing about this challenge..you're bound to end up with tracks that are in need of further work..and this is one of them. I mean it works as is for this thing we're doing here..but there is no way I would dream of officially releasing most of these, not just this, as they currently stand. There's something up with all of them to my ears, that needs addressing.

But yeah, there's a touch of the CB's style in there, too. Glad you liked it, man..and thanks again, as always.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #32
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Hey AM, I'll listen to all of these tomorrow. I was looking at this yesterday and got intimidated by how many you already had up, teehee.

Keep the muse locked up.
Thanks dude..looking forward to hearing what you have to say, once you've had a listen. Be warned..it's a bit of an eclectic mix style-wise..and some obviously need follow-up work..so keep in mind these are only "as is" for this challenge.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #33
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse-ic View Post
You have awesome style and it comes through in your music. I was listening to your album again today and was really struck by the emotion and heart you put in your music. Track 5 was just hauntingly beautiful.I am sorry if I came across as critiquing your tracks. I think it comes more from a place where I find them inspiring and unique so it gets ideas going in my head. So it really comes from being inspired.

I look forward to everything you post.
Nothing to apologize for , M..honestly..critiquing is always good when done positively..and you, if any thing, are just that. So there's no need to worry..I really welcome the feedback, as I view these as works in progress..so it all helps me.

Thanks for the kind works and high praise, in that you find my work inspiring and unique. Perhaps I should hire you as my PR person..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #34
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

#3: Well you've got some proper raw synth sounds in this one havent you? Maybe its that arp but this briefly made me think of Nightrider. Very nice incidental sounds in the background in the second half. I might flesh out the lead with a tad of chorus or something, its pretty dry. But that is a taste thing . Oooh. Loving that big breathy thing that comes in.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
A.M (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #35
A.M

Just updated the OP with my 7th track.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #36
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
#3: Well you've got some proper raw synth sounds in this one havent you? Maybe its that arp but this briefly made me think of Nightrider. Very nice incidental sounds in the background in the second half. I might flesh out the lead with a tad of chorus or something, its pretty dry. But that is a taste thing . Oooh. Loving that big breathy thing that comes in.
Relic, are you taking about track 3 or 4? I ask, as you already commented on track 3 before..just wondering.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 04:23 AM   #37
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541177
Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,319 Posts

number 3 really does something for me. i think its the subtlety of it.

that said, IMO it would be really cool to hear this go from ambient techno to something more hard hitting, just to switch up the dynamic.

maybe even a simple 909 kick and closed hi hat with some shakers to make it move along with a one or 2 note bassline, just to take the energy up a notch. just my 2 cents of course.

great work.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #38
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

Sorry man, can't wait to listen. Just now getting home at 10:00pm. JUst want to take some "what the fuck" out on playing. The next day, hopefully tomorrow, I'll try to jam out all of these and give some feedback.

Work is a pain right now for anything organized afterwards. :/

EDIT - Bonus, from the current progress you have, I'll have days of projects to check. Congrats on keeping things moving.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
number 3 really does something for me. i think its the subtlety of it.

that said, IMO it would be really cool to hear this go from ambient techno to something more hard hitting, just to switch up the dynamic.

maybe even a simple 909 kick and closed hi hat with some shakers to make it move along with a one or 2 note bassline, just to take the energy up a notch. just my 2 cents of course.

great work.
Cheers for that, CD!

Yeah..I hear what you're saying, but that's not really my style at all..wouldn't really know what would work in that school..and it would probably come out sounding like some kind of cheesy crap thing.

Having said that, please feel free to take it and mess with it yourself, if you feel like doing so. Would be interesting to hear another person's take on it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #40
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
Sorry man, can't wait to listen. Just now getting home at 10:00pm. JUst want to take some "what the fuck" out on playing. The next day, hopefully tomorrow, I'll try to jam out all of these and give some feedback.

Work is a pain right now for anything organized afterwards. :/

EDIT - Bonus, from the current progress you have, I'll have days of projects to check. Congrats on keeping things moving.
No worries, B..I appreciate you coming back to my stuff like this and I'd love to hear what you think..but please don't feel like ya got to do it or anything like that, man..would hate to think I was putting you under pressure or making you feel obligating in any way. If you got the time..then you got the time..if not, then it's cool with me, honestly.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks