Is there a chance to vote?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
TANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to behold
Melbourne
MC Status: 660
Is there a chance to vote?

Hi, i put my track in the spinnin records talent pool, and im wondering if there is a chance you can vote!?

You have to be on a computer, it doesnt work on mobile,
in the search bar type in spinnin' records, and click the page, then click on more and click on talent pool..
search my track 'mirage' and then im probably the 3rd one, please & thank you.

If this isn't allowed, then just remove it please.

Advertisements

TANQIR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
TANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to beholdTANQIR is a splendid one to behold
Melbourne
Re: Is there a chance to vote?

cheers for the votes guys! i moved from rank 698 to 161 in just over a day!
Rank doesnt matter, what matters is hopefully i get spotted by them.. it would still be cool to get like top 100 atleast!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:47 AM   #3
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
Melbourne

So the cycle just started fresh so the more votes i get now the higher i will get!

PS- If this isnt allowed close or and ill remove it later! Thank you!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59128426

When you search spinnin records talent pool you get a bunch of forum posts asking for votes

Last edited by lebeux; 04-09-2014 at 12:01 PM..
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
TANQIR (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts

Competition winning chances are directly a function of creating voters.

Yay.

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #6
Mindsweeper
★VIP MEGA EURO STAR★
Mindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MCMindsweeper is a savage MC
BUTTFUCKSVILLE
MC Status: 262786029
Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Minion View Post
Competition winning chances are directly a function of creating voters.

Yay.
Quote:
Does the #1 automatically get a record deal?

No. The Talent Pool is NOT a Contest. Remember: People with the biggest online following are NOT necessarily the best producers. The talent Pool is an ever-evolving chart that enables you to influence your presence in the otherwise impregnable pile of demos. We listen to way beyond the top-50 and the decision to sign anything is ALWAYS based on the quality of the track. Even if it means not signing anyone from the Talent Pool for a long period of time.
Doesn't sound so bad
Mindsweeper is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #7
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Every record submission a competition of sorts. If they have to brag about how many submissions they get and use this notion to promote spam, then they're probably not really that cool.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kvlt O)))
relic (04-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 02:08 AM   #8
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110000
Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,411 Posts

I swear shows like American Idol could actually produce some good talent if America didn't get to vote.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:33 AM   #9
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
Melbourne

@Mindsweeper, thats what makes me think i still have a chance!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #10
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906309
Thanked 3,542 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANQIR View Post
@Mindsweeper, thats what makes me think i still have a chance!
Now don't get offended because I am being honest. Listening to what you've recently uploaded to Soundcloud, you don't have a chance. You're not at that level yet. you have yet to understand how to use compression, for example. That Wack track you've uploaded sounds really bad and over-compressed. All of the sounds are pumping and the track as a whole is really boomy. The pumping actually hurt my ears a little.

I think you're better off focussing on developing your production skills further before going to the effort of getting votes for something that's going to be a dead end. Like if that Wack track came past my desk I would skip through it in 30 seconds. My guess is it wouldn't even get past the Spinnin A&R guy's assistant responsible for demo submissions.

You don't get noticed by votes, you get noticed by good production.
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Jaded
TANQIR (06-09-2014)
Old 06-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
TANQIR
Soundwave Mangler
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Now don't get offended because I am being honest. Listening to what you've recently uploaded to Soundcloud, you don't have a chance. You're not at that level yet. you have yet to understand how to use compression, for example. That Wack track you've uploaded sounds really bad and over-compressed. All of the sounds are pumping and the track as a whole is really boomy. The pumping actually hurt my ears a little.

I think you're better off focussing on developing your production skills further before going to the effort of getting votes for something that's going to be a dead end. Like if that Wack track came past my desk I would skip through it in 30 seconds. My guess is it wouldn't even get past the Spinnin A&R guy's assistant responsible for demo submissions.

You don't get noticed by votes, you get noticed by good production.
Can you fill me in with how i can develop them, no need to look on the internet or guides just tell me, thats the whole point of the forum

Advertisements