Websites - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #21
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903759
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,114 Posts
Re: Websites

Man, I have about ten domains for music stuff and sadly I'm not using any of them at the moment. The only one that's still online was for my old label which is half done.

textbook-music.com/

I wrote the theme in Wordpress and made the back-end idiot proof... No formatting or HTML required for the user. Sadly though the label kind of imploded.

I am currently working on content for my Beats&Pieces blog which was originally just going to be a bunch of written tutorials about working creatively with digital technology. So it won't just be production techniques but also digital library management for sample and music libraries, archiving and automation, workflow refinement and so on.

Haven't gotten the design past the napkin stage yet... But I've run out of Sharpies.

Advertisements

Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #22
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6903759
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,114 Posts
Re: Websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
honestly given the amount of time I actually get to spend making music, having and pretending I properly maintain an artist site is somewhat of a joke...I guess I could get up earlier...
I kind of agree with you. It's true that you can easily setup a Wordpress blog or something like that nowadays and can purchase a decent looking premium themes. But unfortunately, most of these are designed by web designers for use on visual folio. Nobody's really addressed the kinds of tools required for musical projects.

I've actually been working on a content tool specifically for Wordpress that can sit over any Wordpress theme for musical content like music releases, mixes, artist bios and such.

So the back-end for this page looks like this:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
The idea is to make things idiot proof. Write a description in the big box. Fill out the track list, change the order if you need or delete/add tracks. Add links for Soundcloud and retail outlets, tag the artists to link release content to bio content. There's no requirement for any formatting or anything that leads to those lovely inconsistent pages you see on so many label / artist pages...

When the label folded I kind of shelved the project. But I am thinking of continuing development again soon. It was a fun project and a useful tool.

Advertisements

Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote