Checking out a big city on otherside of country, should I be making music there?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 23-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Dhji
Knob Twiddler
Dhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MCDhji is a savage MC
Victoria, BC
MC Status: 66646
Checking out a big city on otherside of country, should I be making music there?

I believe it is time for me to move to a bigger city away from the mountains, I am a peaceful gentle mountain elf who is seeking a higher frequency of living where much more action takes place. I internalize what is around me and where I have been living there hasnt been much going on so I dont feel the wheels turning so I am going to Toronto. But what I am wondering.. Should I try and make music while im there (laptop with headphones and portable recorder)? Im kind of afraid of getting robbed but apparently I dont attract that kind of energy.

I feel like the main reason I cant do anything in my life is because of the lack of stimulation to keep me going.

My friend lives on a sailboat and says he'll protect me from anything, he wants to show me around the city. Ive been living in small towns in BC (largest Kelowna/100k population).

So what do you think of this change? Please share similar experiences or even thoughts of the ones who are thinking of doing this too!

Advertisements

Dhji is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts
Re: Checking out a big city on otherside of country, should I be making music there?

I'd leave the laptop at home and enjoy the trip without it. I think you'll feel like you've gotten away more without any of your 'old life' artifacts in your possession (like your laptop). Rather go to concerts, meet people, have experiences and once the adventure is done - then go back to your laptop and make music. It's also a bit of a hassle traveling to a new place with bulky valuables on you, especially when you don't know what your first few months are gonna be like - where you're living, transport etc.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541930
Thanked 7,020 Times in 4,987 Posts
Re: Checking out a big city on otherside of country, should I be making music there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyn View Post
I'd leave the laptop at home and enjoy the trip without it. I think you'll feel like you've gotten away more without any of your 'old life' artifacts in your possession (like your laptop). Rather go to concerts, meet people, have experiences and once the adventure is done - then go back to your laptop and make music. It's also a bit of a hassle traveling to a new place with bulky valuables on you, especially when you don't know what your first few months are gonna be like - where you're living, transport etc.
Pretty much this. I've always advocated leaving home to have experiences and then upon returning home digesting those experiences while being creative. If you insist on having something with you to sketch ideas...perhaps an iOS or Droid app will suite your needs? Both platforms have some pretty decent tools now.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote