Gamers, what are you playing? - Page 101
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #2001
Driftwood
Soundscaper
Driftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond repute
Hannover
MC Status: 6903
Re: Gamers, what are you playing?

Anyone of you played "The Void" Think its called "Tension" in the USA?

I hooked on the Song from Uta´s Grotto and all the Voice Samples in this game.

It´s damn hard and frustrating but very sensuous.

(aw shucks sorry, hit the wrong button ><) - abs

Last edited by ab; 08-03-2010 at 03:43 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Driftwood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #2002
Narcofunk
Bad, Bad Cunt
Narcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MC
In sharky waters
MC Status: 400169760

I'm posting too much in this thread.

------------------
Narcofunk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #2003
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080264
Thanked 1,232 Times in 832 Posts

those " void" screenshots look like 2004. is it a psp game?

------------------
ab is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #2004
Narcofunk
Bad, Bad Cunt
Narcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MCNarcofunk is a savage MC
In sharky waters

Indie game for PC.

------------------
Old 08-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #2005
spidergod
spidergod has a spectacular aura aboutspidergod has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 175

at present I am playing

dawn of war 2
total war napoleon

both games rock

also thinking about picking of hearts of iron 3 for 9.95 on impulse

or

a space based 4 x game
spidergod is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #2006
spidergod
spidergod has a spectacular aura aboutspidergod has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 175

ok any advice on a new space faring 4 x game?

I have gal civ 2 and also sins of a solar empire and also swords of the stars

gal civ 2 I have played too much and getting a bit fed up with it

swords of the stars is now getting on my nerves

and with sins of a solar empire, 3 empires with huge space fleets moving backwards and forwards and all have alliances with one or the other

I have an alliance with all 3

I know if i break one of those alliances, a whole load of laser space death is coming down on me

so I just need something else to tinker with
spidergod is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #2007
mgray301
Learning The Ropes
mgray301 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

dawn of war 2 is the best
mgray301 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #2008
Driftwood
Soundscaper
Driftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond reputeDriftwood has a reputation beyond repute
Hannover
MC Status: 6903

Quote:
Originally Posted by abreaktor View Post
those " void" screenshots look like 2004. is it a psp game?
No its a PC Version.
It´s original a russian game, which had made it to the Museum of modern art in Moskow.
It were released in Germany in 2009 and I´m not sure, if the translation to english is ready and if it is released already.

I think this game is very strange and abstract.
The story begins with your death.
It´s some kind of paintingshooter. You have no guns and have to draw glyphs to cast spells.
Here are some german scenes.
The speakers are well known from Movies and Audiobooks.

------------------
Driftwood is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #2009
raytrace
Savage Mad Cunt
raytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MC
Éire
MC Status: 2495010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Steed View Post
Probably. What would you recommend for a Mac? I used to use No on my old PC but I don't use that much anymore.
VisualBoyAdvance is a greaty EMU - I like how you can have stuff running full screen with zero filtering so pixels still look full on square (which I love) - so you get results like this:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

You can save game in it - you use CTRL+S to save and CTRL+L to load, if you press ESC when you're in a game it brings up the menu at the top too, all the options should be in there - you can even record video :p

------------------
...//:: The Horrorist - I Stand With You (Raytrace Remix) ::\\...
http://r4ytrace.tumblr.com|||||||||http://r4ytrace.tumblr.com/tagged/raytracemusic|||||||||www.soundcloud.com/raytrace
raytrace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #2010
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295270
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,569 Posts

Hmmm I will have a look again. It could always be a glitch in the actual rom. I'll check it out anyway. Thankies.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #2011
raytrace
Savage Mad Cunt
raytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MCraytrace is a savage MC
Éire

Completed Star Wars: The Force Unleashed over the weekend - while I'll admit it's not a groundbreaking or outstanding game, I really did enjoy it, I thought the ending was great. Playing the Hoth DLC now, and it is a bit formulaic (gameplay/structure wise) IMO, still - IT'S GOT TEH AT-AT's!!!

so emm I love it anyway :p

completed Mass Effect (PC) last week and I'm now playing Mass Effect 2 - I have got over my initial reservations about the lack of 'size' and side stuff you can do, and way less XP/character stats options, and now like it for what it is, however I definitely do think that I would prefer it (even though I do really like it) if it retained more of Mass Effect 1's mechanics and systems - I loved me some planetside Big-Trak action
Code:

------------------
http://r4ytrace.tumblr.com|||||||||http://r4ytrace.tumblr.com/tagged/raytracemusic|||||||||www.soundcloud.com/raytrace
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #2012
raytrace
Savage Mad Cunt
Éire

Quote:
Hmmm I will have a look again. It could always be a glitch in the actual rom. I'll check it out anyway. Thankies.
np at all,

it's worth trying to get it working - I like that emu so much that I actually chose to play Minish Cap on it instead of my Gameboy Micro or DS (I do own the cart) . I actually played it with a Dreamcast arcade stick - which was great fun

------------------
Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #2013
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295270
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytrace View Post
np at all,

it's worth trying to get it working - I like that emu so much that I actually chose to play Minish Cap on it instead of my Gameboy Micro or DS (I do own the cart) . I actually played it with a Dreamcast arcade stick - which was great fun
Hehe awesome.
By the way, in reply to your previous post - Have yet to get the DLC for Force Unleashed but been considering it, and also I've ordered ME2, very much looking forward to it arriving.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #2014
raytrace
Savage Mad Cunt
Éire

Quote:
Hehe awesome.
By the way, in reply to your previous post - Have yet to get the DLC for Force Unleashed but been considering it, and also I've ordered ME2, very much looking forward to it arriving.
yeh Mass Effect 2 definitely is great, it's just that as someone who usually spends far more time on side missions/wandering around in any kinda large exploration type game, I miss the bigness of Mass Effect 1.

I bought it on Steam, I know some people have problems with it, but I genuinely like it and have had it installed since Half Life 2 came out - I like just opening it up after a fresh OS install, and leaving it to reinstall all games etc. - thats very handy - also I'd much rather Steam to a lot of SecuROM type crap - for example my Il-2 1946 disc became COMPLETELY unreadable very quickly - the Steam copy I bought will never have that problem.

Anyway I digress - I bought Mass Effect 2 on Steam

------------------
Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #2015
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Code:

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #2016
Narcofunk
Bad, Bad Cunt
In sharky waters

Code:

A screenshot cannot even remotely express the visual beauty of this game.

------------------
Old 09-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #2017
MC Perm
MC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MC
A Sound Decision
MC Status: 7653065

8 hours in:

Code:
Annnnnnd

Code:
Annnnnnd

Code:
ANDDDDDDDDDDD

Code:
MC Perm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #2018
Fox
Fox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MC
Brussels
MC Status: 24820658

and how's ff13 so far?

------------------
Fox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:22 PM   #2019
FrozenFire
FrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MCFrozenFire is a savage MC
C:\
MC Status: 203012665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
and how's ff13 so far?
Yes, I have to know also!

------------------
dir /x
<DIR> YOUTUB~1 Youtube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
Bad day. Not thinking. can't brain.
FrozenFire is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #2020
MC Perm
MC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MCMC Perm is a savage MC
A Sound Decision
MC Status: 7653065

Really phenomenal. Incredibly linear but the battle system is like nothing I've ever played before, it's completely reliant on job-class changing to tackle different enemy types and situations. It's a blast! But just to warn you the first 25 hours or so are completely linear, straight shot paths. I don't mind it at all, but I've heard that some people are pissed about the lack of any open world structure until later on in the game.

That said, I gave up on Final Fantasy after FF8, which I felt was an abomination, it's nice to see them back in form after so many missteps.

Can't wait until tomorrow, have a few hours to sink into it to push through this brand new area I just got to.

Advertisements

MC Perm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote