Output : Signal
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
Opium
Microknight
Opium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud of
Strasbourg, France
MC Status: 1210
Output : Signal

I didn't see any thread about this library for Kontakt, but the sound of the "new" output creation is really sweet to my ears. What do you think about it ? (except that it's really fucking expensive !)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Opium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
Mctoast
Savage Mad Cunt
Mctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MCMctoast is a savage MC
MC Status: 38947
Re: Output : Signal

I watched the trailer and didn't understand anything.

------------------
Mctoast is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
Opium
Microknight
Opium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud ofOpium has much to be proud of
Strasbourg, France
MC Status: 1210

It's a "pulse engine", a sample based VST with really rich sounds that makes short arpegiatted sounds. It look particularly awesome to create ambient sounds.

------------------
Opium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #4
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mctoast View Post
I watched the trailer and didn't understand anything.
Yeah really informative video. Lots of "praise" without actually showing anything.

Edit: I took a closer look and it seems pretty neat for arps and layered pulsing sounds but it's nothing you can't do yourself with gates, arps and filters/effects. I do like the playability but this can also be achieved with instrument/effect racks and macros in Ableton. As out of the box instrument, ready to use it seems pretty funky. So far I haven't figured out if you can import your own samples but that would definitely make it more interesting. I have to say it sounds pretty nice though (at least in the demo)!

Last edited by professurreal; 04-07-2015 at 02:40 PM..

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
Numerical (03-07-2015)
Old 02-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #5
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

I've used their other sample based synth called 'Rev' and it's pretty cool. Some of the samples, especially the cello, are really nice, but like professurreal said though, nothing you couldn't do yourself.

------------------
Orray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
makro
Minor Glitch
makro will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

They just released a free version.
Afaik the only difference is the number of sound layers (less than the full version of course).

Check it out

------------------
Latest previews: http://soundcloud.com/makrospex
Final releases: http://makrospex.bandcamp.com

May the force be with you
makro is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2015, 11:12 AM   #7
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold

Here's the link to the free version for anyone interested: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 16-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #8
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526870

Can you import your own samples or nah?
agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 05:05 PM   #9
Orray
Soundscaper

Not through the rev interface, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard if you knew what you were doing. Everything is saved as .nkx files if that helps at all

Advertisements

------------------