The Rules of Breakcore Club
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 31-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
eery
Soundwave Mangler
eery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond repute
Gjøvik
MC Status: 3910
The Rules of Breakcore Club

My friend came up with this the other day and I liked it a lot. Feel free to add on.

Welcome to Breakcore Club.

The First Rule of Breakcore Club is it's not called a fucking drop. We don't do that shit here.

The Second Rule of Breakcore Club is if you say dubstep one more fucking time, I swear on my mother's life, mate...

The Third Rule of Breakcore Club is there is rhythm. Lots of it. This is complex, just throwing shit together usually doesn't work.

The Forth Rule of Breakcore Club is that sometimes just throwing shit together does work.

The Fifth Rule of Breakcore Club is yes, you can sample. Yes, you should sample. Yes, sample the shit out of everything you fucking can.

The Sixth Rule of Breakcore Club is only people who are in Breakcore Club actually like your music. People who want to get into Breakcore Club because they think it is "cool" will pretend to like your shit, but honestly they hate it just as much as everyone else does.

The Seventh Rule of Breakcore Club is that Soundcloud is honestly your best friend. Also, Datach'i will never be your friend.

The Eighth Rule of Breakcore Club is we are NOT drum and bass. We don't care if you like drum and bass or not. We aren't it, it's a different thing. They can have their own club. Actually, yeah. The Eighth Rule of Breakcore Club is that drum and bass has its own club, Drum and Bass Club. They're down the hall, last door on the left. Next to the House Homeboys. We collab sometimes, it's chill.

Advertisements

eery is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts
Re: The Rules of Breakcore Club

What about no glitch plugs?

Looks like your friend forgot that.

I'd make that rule number one.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
relic (31-10-2013)
Old 31-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
eery
Soundwave Mangler
eery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond reputeeery has a reputation beyond repute
Gjøvik

This is breakcore club, not elitists club, go down the hall.
Old 31-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Hey, I enjoy the manual process, what can I say?

Also, those glitch plugs stick out like a sore thumb, don't you know?

------------------
Old 31-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
justizzle
Learning The Ropes
justizzle is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

The manual process is definitely the way to go. But I think being an absolutist about it may be a bit extreme; if you use a plugin - any plugin, really - in a crafty and artful way, and you know what you're doing, it can work. It's more of a case-by-case thing to me, really.
justizzle is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #6
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Huh. I like breakcore, but I don't think I want to be part of this club.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #7
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237229

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Also, those glitch plugs stick out like a sore thumb, don't you know?
Not if you resample the glitches 85 times.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 AM   #8
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

^True, but I'd still rather get down and dirty with an audio file,my mouse, and an efx chain, than resample something livecut, stutter edit, or dBlue spits out.

I find that way I have maximum control over how my glitches behave.

------------------
Old 01-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #9
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106650
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,375 Posts

How about breakstep, drumcore, drill n bass, etc?

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #10
eery
Soundwave Mangler
Gjøvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
How about breakstep, drumcore, drill n bass, etc?
Circlejerks within the club.
Everyone will act like it's an important distinction, but the truth is nobody truly cares, its just the fear of losing rep. It's a hardknock life.

The same goes for lolicore, except that nobody really wants to touch them due to the fear of them having an actual circlejerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post

I find that way I have maximum control over how my glitches behave.
I kind of find that to be an oxymoron really, but oh well
Old 01-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #11
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eery View Post
I kind of find that to be an oxymoron really, but oh well
What it comes down to is I like everything in my music to be intentional. Everything from where the bass sits to the glitch speed is behaving the way it does for a reason and a purpose. I base everything that's happening around what has has happened before and what is coming next.

I spent quite a bit of time throwing things against the wall until something stuck and I don't find that way of working optimal for getting my point across any longer.

------------------
Old 02-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
depricode
Soundscaper
depricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MCdepricode is a savage MC
Birmingham
MC Status: 669133

such edge

------------------
depricode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89279323
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,175 Posts

The first rule of Breakcore Club is: You do not talk about Breakcore Club.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sencesor
PROton42 (01-02-2014)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #14
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
This is breakcore club, not elitists club, go down the hall.
Thanks, I just choked on my coughee
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #15
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

is brackcore when you takes the amen break samples and make them really fast?
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #16
RFJ
IDMf Artist
I live in California.

Yes but...

...then reverse...then back to normal...then reverse...then back to normal...

something like that, I think.

------------------
Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Quote:
Circlejerks within the club.
Everyone will act like it's an important distinction, but the truth is nobody truly cares, its just the fear of losing rep. It's a hardknock life.
I don't think anyone has ever lost "rep" for making an attempt at any style, And if they truly fear something as biennial as that, well they suck and should probably not make musics of any kind. Just saying.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jVs
Kvlt O))) (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744029441
Thanked 7,240 Times in 4,500 Posts

I thought the first rule of breakcore was fuck the rules tbh.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
eery
Soundwave Mangler
Gjøvik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetty Bhite View Post
I don't think anyone has ever lost "rep" for making an attempt at any style, And if they truly fear something as biennial as that, well they suck and should probably not make musics of any kind. Just saying.
Honestly, I find it very unneccecary to differentiate between different "styles" in a genre like it. I can understand "Oh, I wanna try to incorperate this and that element I heard in a □pusher song", since that has a meaning rather than "I'm gonna make some nu idmcore"

It's kinda like when people talk about "Chillstep". It's just saying "chill dubstep" without specifying any determined sound.

And I wasn't poking fun at people attempting certain styles and losing rep, but rather not knowing about it, and losing rep for that reason, and the reason they dont know is because as mentioned, nobody cares about the distinction.

(Of course there is a distinction there worthy enough of a mention, but it was a joke. This entire thread was a joke. Why the fuck is everyone talking about it so seriously. What the fuck. What even is this forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl
I thought the first rule of breakcore was fuck the rules tbh.
Rule 4.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #20
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106650
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,375 Posts

IDMF is if nothing else always serious business. We just simply never joke or kid around. Who's got time for that?

Advertisements

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote