Are IDMf releases Creative Commons?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Unique Beats
Unique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MC
Edinburgh
MC Status: 56114726
Are IDMf releases Creative Commons?

Simple question really. Can anyone answer?

Cheers.

Advertisements

------------------
Smell my cheese you mother!
Unique Beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 743999141
Thanked 6,634 Times in 4,153 Posts
Re: Are IDMf releases Creative Commons?

I think it's on a release by release basis, not 100% tbh.
But if you have a quick look [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Edit: Sorry, I suppose the answer is yes, I just always default to thinking Creative Commons means it's a free for all when that's not necessarily the case.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Benwaa

yes they are, it says so at the bottom of every page you can download them from and in any info relating to the releases. However, it's "some rights reserved" version of the creative commons

see here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

however, it would be bad practice and rather cunt like to alter or play with another artists work without at least asking them personally first...
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
"some rights reserved" version of the creative commons
That's the phrase I was scrambling for.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Unique Beats
Unique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MCUnique Beats is a savage MC
Edinburgh

Nice one guys - answers everything I was looking for.

It's not to play around with people's tracks etc. I am writing a review of an album and wanted to do one from IDMf - as it's a review for Creative Commons music I just wanted to check.

Cheers

------------------
Old 01-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
lolirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
however, it would be bad practice and rather cunt like to alter or play with another artists work without at least asking them personally first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Beats View Post

It's not to play around with people's tracks etc. I am writing a review of an album and wanted to do one from IDMf - as it's a review for Creative Commons music I just wanted to check.
Slightly awkward.

Nice one Unique Beats.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Benwaa

there's nothing awkward there, i was just covering the bases
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
lolirl

STFU asshole...
Oops! I mean, yeah, cool story bro.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
Benwaa

Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 35600
Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,704 Posts

And then Benwaa and Sveldt were covered in jizz and they lived happily ever after. :'3

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
Benwaa

oh that's nothing new, we have a live webcam feed in the mod room so noone misses out on a drop of action!
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
Unique Beats
Edinburgh

Yay, got accepted to join [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
as a reviewer/writer.

My application review was about Tuneboxii's EP release on IDMf which they're actually going to post up as my first review in a few days - will let you guys know when it's up. And don't worry it's a nice review in fact i think I even mention that it's one of my favourite releases of 2011.

------------------
Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #13
lolirl

Quote:
Yay, got accepted to join [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
as a reviewer/writer.

My application review was about Tuneboxii's EP release on IDMf which they're actually going to post up as my first review in a few days - will let you guys know when it's up. And don't worry it's a nice review in fact i think I even mention that it's one of my favourite releases of 2011.
Good stuff UB.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
Unique Beats
Edinburgh

Here's the review [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
IG88
IG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MCIG88 is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 15067935

Great review UB!

------------------
IG88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Benwaa

Quote:

Super rep'd! great stuff man
  Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
Unique Beats
Edinburgh

cheers guys...that's a ridonculous amount of rep!

I'll be reviewing a few more IDMf releases over the next few months so will keep you posted.

------------------
Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #18
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269440858
Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,608 Posts

great job!

Advertisements

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote