Techno basslines
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
petergibney
Regular Freak
petergibney is currently spamming hard
Belfast, Northern Ireland
MC Status: 10
Techno basslines

i know alot of techno producers use a
bassdrum for the bassline of the track was just wondering what alot of them do to the bassdrum to get a good sound for a bassline.

Last edited by petergibney; 10-17-2011 at 04:16 PM..

Advertisements

petergibney is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214388048
Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,744 Posts
Re: Techno basslines

Not really sure what you mean, but you can make the kick sample loop at the kick tail (just find nice zero crossing loop points).
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
kindelsesh
TECHNOHEAD
kindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MCkindelsesh is a savage MC
Dublin
MC Status: 1259772

Job.

------------------
kindelsesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to kindelsesh
liquid_air (01-05-2016)
Old 03-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
Ady138
Learning The Ropes
Ady138 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Thanks for posting the video it helped me out.

I work in Logic 9 so I used Kontakt as the Sampler. For the sample I used a Tonal kick with a long subby tail then as well as the Attack I turned up the Sustain Decay and Release. Using the automation volume (while the kick is playing) I sculpted the sound to form a simple sine wave groovy deep tech bass.

Result!
Ady138 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #5
ModernRitual
Minor Glitch
ModernRitual will become famous soon enoughModernRitual will become famous soon enough
Lyon
MC Status: 110

to get inspired you can have a listen on TROY PIERCE signed on M-NUS. for me one of the best bassliner in techno/minimal Music. i think it could help you to have some ideas.
ModernRitual is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to ModernRitual
liquid_air (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 44910

I've recently used the opposite approach. Tinkering with ADSR on a bassline synth to give it more of a beat like feel (posted in listening booth as 'Levitation'). Haven't tried the other way around, but reading this it seems so obvious.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #7
FTD
Ghostly
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3462205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady138 View Post
For the sample I used a Tonal kick with a long subby tail then as well as the Attack I turned up the Sustain Decay and Release. Using the automation volume (while the kick is playing) I sculpted the sound to form a simple sine wave groovy deep tech bass.
This. Another way is to use a reverb on a kick, resample it and play with the Attack and EQ so you are getting more the tail. Layer this over a normal, clean kick and further adjust the EQ's so they're not too muddy. Side chaining can also help you blend them here.

Experiment by moving your "tail kick" along slightly until you get a satisfying 1-2 1-2 1-2

Advertisements

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to FTD
liquid_air (01-05-2016)