IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon14 IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info

If you want to send something for us to listen to, please pass it along to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, with the subject reading: Demo
Please try to include some information about yourself, and also your forum username and of course only the tracks you want us to consider for release.

Please understand that due to a large amount of submissions we receive we cannot provide feedback. Use the Listening Booth for that.
Email attachments will not be opened, please send streams or direct downloads only. Soundcloud, bandcamp, dropbox, are all great. Please no zshare, filedump, myspace, or other spammy type of sites that we have to wait half an hour for the download to start. I quickly lose my patience with those. Please use a legitimate and free service, there are plenty of them out there.

Thanks and look forward to hearing your music!

Last edited by Benwaa; 08-15-2011 at 10:10 AM..

Advertisements

Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421868979
Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,787 Posts
Re: IDMf Artist Demo Submission Info

Is the no attachment rule new?

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Benwaa

no, as this is pretty much a copy/paste of the old one with a few changes. it's easy enough to send a link these days, plus attachments can be dubious sometimes if they're unsolicited
  Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.

I totally broke that rule last time I sent in something.

------------------
Soundcloud
Facebook
Old 08-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Benwaa

i look forward to hearing some amazing new tunes from you and of course anyone else too
  Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
Benwaa

updated the info
  Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #7
Xtreme..
Granular Poster
Xtreme.. is on a distinguished road
AZ
MC Status: 10

so what is after demo submission? How do we get notified if we "passed the test"?
Xtreme.. is offline   Thanks
Currently Listening To: Above and Beyond TATW 428
Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Benwaa

you'll get an email at some point, there can be quite a few emails to get through sometimes, so give it a bit of time for a reply
  Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
MichaelNG
Regular Freak
MichaelNG is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

what type of deals can we get if you like our demos?
MichaelNG is offline   Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
Benwaa

deals? what do you mean deals? money??
  Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg
MC Status: 22144205

He means cookies, Ben.
Coookieees, mmm.

------------------
My Ep "I Am A Dead Man" is out on Xylem Records

Departure (Bonus Track) Video
Soundcloud: μ-metik
Facebook: μ-metik
Twitter:μ-metik
unknown__artist is offline   Thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
hellscion
Banned
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNG View Post
what type of deals can we get if you like our demos?
don't you know anything about entertainment? first you gotta make with the head
hellscion is offline   Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #13
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts

Ben, seriously, is there anywhere on here where someone can find out just what the benefits are of putting stuff out with IMD? The term "Deal" was mentioned, but can you just break it down so folks who are green to this forum can know what is on offer here if their stuff is up to scratch? How does IDM differ from some other off-line label? Do you get to make money..or is it just about promoting on behalf of the artist in question?

I know a lot of old-timers on here will know this stuff already..but we all start out as green as grass and if new to IDM, then these are topics we should all be made aware of when we join..perhaps a closed thread that outlines all this stuff..that is if it doesn't already exist.

As it stands, it's hard to know what makes it better to go with IDM rather than some other label. I'm not being negative or knocking IDM..I'm here, aren't I? It's just there doesn't really seem to be a whole lot on here about what IDM can actually do for the artist if they do "do a deal".

Hope you understand where I'm coming from on this.

Dan (AM)

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks
Currently Listening To: About "Deals"..
Thanks to A.M
redfive (10-10-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #14
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
In the corn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
The term "Deal" was mentioned
The term "deal" was only mentioned by somebody asking some vague question. Nobody affiliated with the netlabel said anything about deals.

Quote:
How does IDM differ from some other off-line label?
Off-line label? Are you talking about physical labels?

Quote:
Do you get to make money..or is it just about promoting on behalf of the artist in question?
You don't get to make money. It's just about promotion. I'm gonna say that most netlabels are primarily about promotion.

Quote:
I know a lot of old-timers on here will know this stuff already..but we all start out as green as grass and if new to IDM, then these are topics we should all be made aware of when we join..perhaps a closed thread that outlines all this stuff..that is if it doesn't already exist.
Seems pretty cut and dry to me. When I joined I just thought the netlabel was a place to promote artists.

Quote:
As it stands, it's hard to know what makes it better to go with IDM rather than some other label.
It's been around for a while and benefits from being associated with one of, if not THE largest primarily electronic music forum on the internet.

------------------
Soundcloud
Facebook
Thanks to Vlantis
jVs (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
Benwaa

to answer the question a bit more clearly - although vlantis is spot on with what he says.

how we work: although we don't get any financial reward for the running of label, we do have a massive user base and community there so we utilize this in these ways for artists:
To start, we will send a message to every member of IDMforums.com (90,000+ people) about the release. This is fantastic exposure for any release and IDMf has a very loyal community of producers and music lovers that download the netlabel's releases and spread the promotion out between them very well also.
We also have a dedicated team of people working to promote the releases on other forums, blogs, news sites, social networks. Our last release (IDMf034) got some very good blog coverage (for a
free netlabel release) and our artists generally multiple offers from other labels because of this exposure
Additionally, we will work with you to produce any other promotional materials you may need. This includes cover art, a promotional video, forum banners, etc.
IDMf releases are hosted on our website and the IDMf Soundcloud account (with over 3000 followers). and now also on our bandcamp page as a pya as much as you want release - all monies go back to paying for the hosting of artists music etc etc and if there's a on overflow of monies received to monies spent it's getting sent back to the artists that make that money. although this hasn't happened yet and isn't guaranteed. hopefully though, as this is only a new thing by next year some artists could indeed be receiving some small amounts
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
A.M (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #16
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
In the corn.

Turns out my IDMf release got 527 downloads. The stuff I release on my bandcamp page usually has trouble breaking 50.

So yeah, there are advantages.

------------------
Soundcloud
Facebook
Thanks to Vlantis
A.M (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts

Thanks guys for stating things so clearly. Although I personally knew some of this already, Ben's detailed reply above serves to inform not only me, but all new members coming here for the first time. At least it is down in writing here now for them to read.

As a relative newbee to this forum, I came in here with the usual impression people have of labels..meaning offline..of as Vlantis puts it "physical labels"..with all the shit such entities usually carry with them..like contracts and the likes that a worm would have trouble moving sideways through all the fine print.

I take it there is some sort of formal agreement here between IDM and the artist in question? Sorry, got to push the point and ask this stuff, so please stick with me on this. I personally, although messing around with music for years, have been very isolated from others who might know all this stuff already..so I lacking on the kn ow-how of all this and just wondering is all.

I also figure if I know jack poop about this end of things..then others arriving here might be in the same boat too..hence my suggesting a closed thread with all this stuff set out for all to read.

The replies you guys have supplied above are a good step towards that, but there sure seem to be other points about this that could be explored in more detail..perhaps at a later time..but still covered at some stage.

Again, my thanks guys for taking the time to explain things..it really is appreciated.

Dan (AM)

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
Benwaa

in terms of contract there isn't one per-se, other than a "verbal" trust that has always worked out and been proven time and time again by the label and it's artists. we're a community here and as such a community label. we only accept demos from community members, which are screened by community members. so in that respect the community is releasing it's own works in a somewhat round-about fashion. except you get all the support and promotion that you would have frrm any other label, in fact in a lot of instances much more than any other netlabel offers
  Thanks
Thanks to Benwaa
jVs (07-24-2012)
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760

I donŽt think that there are much problems with these things, I already had 2 songs on some online compilations there were never problem which could be associated with "normal" labels. Like they claim all the copyrights for your songs or so.... and this forum here seems really quite big, so I would be surprised if they would be different from this, cause this would be no good promo for the forum

maybe IŽll submit some of my noise later.......
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #20
Jimmyjargon
Jimmyjargon has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyjargon has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyjargon has a spectacular aura about
Sonoma County, CA
MC Status: 234

Thanks for the info. I've been on the forum for a while, but was never really sure how the label side worked. This is very helpful and I think I'll submit something!

Advertisements

------------------
Jimmyjargon is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread