Max4Live devices
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 16-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
.at/on
Learning The Ropes
.at/on will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 52
Max4Live devices

Hi friends,

I want to share with you my 4 maxforlive devices:

Circle2 - Looper, granular effect. Very easy to use and works great for clicks and cuts.

Cutter - record buffer and then cut it and playback according to the settings.

Kontrol - Records and plays the movements of any knob during the live session.

Clip-operator - Device from max4live lesson, with additional pitch control and granular effect.

You can download them here
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

To use them you need ableton and max4live.

Best wishes!

Advertisements

.at/on is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
.at/on
Learning The Ropes
Re: Max4Live devices

Here is the demonstration of how Circle2 works
Old 18-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
psaiclone
Minor Glitch
psaiclone is currently spamming hard
Wuppertal
MC Status: 10

thanx, will try out this weekend :9
psaiclone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
shamantrixx
Granular Poster
shamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MC
Rijeka
MC Status: 1323927

Working in Live it like looking at Microsoft excel data sheet with a small VST ribbon at the bottom. Horrible design .. unless you need something to run on a small laptop display .. which luckily I don't

------------------
"Everybody experiences far more than he understands. Yet it is experience, rather than understanding, that influences behavior."
Marshall McLuhan
shamantrixx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Will.E.P.
Ghostly
Will.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MC
North Carolina
MC Status: 7678117

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamantrixx View Post
Working in Live it like looking at Microsoft excel data sheet with a small VST ribbon at the bottom. Horrible design .. unless you need something to run on a small laptop display .. which luckily I don't
Eh, visually it's not the best (which coming from me, that says a lot. I am a minimalist when it comes to visuals.) It is their intent to get rid of floating screens though. Something that will never change.

The reason I like Ableton though is it's creative process. I hate writing linearly. It takes away from your creative process because it takes more effort to do what you want to do in the session view. I like the fact that I can write the same way I am performing. And the fact that my final product is a performance. The reason I am drawn to live is not due to the fact that it is a great DAW or anything, but due to the fact that it's more like playing and practicing on an instrument than working in a DAW, and that I can create the whole time without ever stopping playback.

------------------
- William

Will.E.P. (Me) - Polaroids
Will.E.P. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
shamantrixx
Granular Poster
shamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MCshamantrixx is a savage MC
Rijeka

I'm sure Live has it's own advantages. It does make some things simpler but at the same time it makes some other things more complicated.

For example it refuses to make any intelligent use of my dual screen setup and it forces me to handle waveforms and midi parts in a tinny strip at the bottom of the screen. So it's clearly designed to have a large space for loading large number of loops per channel, but just a tinny strip in case you ever wish to edit one rather than load few more to choose from.

But what frustrates me the most is the fact that I'm not able to keep my analyser (master insert) visible all the time because as soon as I click on any other channel it simply goes away. It's generally impossible to keep an eye on any two plugins inserted on different channels (which I find simply stupid and see no advantage to it). So instead of having one master analyser (always visible and always in the same place) and simply soloing a track which I need to work on, I have to insert one on every channel which than annoyingly opens right in the middle of the left screen.

So for me drawbacks heavily outweigh advantages which coupled with it's extremely lousy and non flexible interface design makes me wonder what ware they thinking of. My guess is that Live was built like a giant "one screen loop machine" for users who prefer browsing over editing. In that case they did extremely good job.

------------------
"Everybody experiences far more than he understands. Yet it is experience, rather than understanding, that influences behavior."
Marshall McLuhan
Old 27-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Will.E.P.
Ghostly
Will.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MCWill.E.P. is a savage MC
North Carolina
MC Status: 7678117

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamantrixx View Post
I'm sure Live has it's own advantages. It does make some things simpler but at the same time it makes some other things more complicated.

For example it refuses to make any intelligent use of my dual screen setup and it forces me to handle waveforms and midi parts in a tinny strip at the bottom of the screen. So it's clearly designed to have a large space for loading large number of loops per channel, but just a tinny strip in case you ever wish to edit one rather than load few more to choose from.

But what frustrates me the most is the fact that I'm not able to keep my analyser (master insert) visible all the time because as soon as I click on any other channel it simply goes away. It's generally impossible to keep an eye on any two plugins inserted on different channels (which I find simply stupid and see no advantage to it). So instead of having one master analyser (always visible and always in the same place) and simply soloing a track which I need to work on, I have to insert one on every channel which than annoyingly opens right in the middle of the left screen.

So for me drawbacks heavily outweigh advantages which coupled with it's extremely lousy and non flexible interface design makes me wonder what ware they thinking of. My guess is that Live was built like a giant "one screen loop machine" for users who prefer browsing over editing. In that case they did extremely good job.
Sounds to me like you just don't know how to use it. You can use the whole screen to edit midi. Plus, you can make it so your plugin windows stay open when you switch tracks. as for dual monitor support. I wish they would fix that. I'd love to have mixer on one side, but the fact that I can keep my plugin windows and rewire DAWs in the other window is enough for me.

------------------
- William

Will.E.P. (Me) - Polaroids
Will.E.P. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 03:43 PM   #8
shamantrixx
Granular Poster
Rijeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.E.P. View Post
Sounds to me like you just don't know how to use it. You can use the whole screen to edit midi. Plus, you can make it so your plugin windows stay open when you switch tracks.
You're right .. I don't know how to use it precisely because I don't like to use it in the first place. It simply does not behave according to my expectations and since there are so many to choose from I've never bothered to find how to work around those issues.

------------------
Marshall McLuhan
Old 05-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
Keef Baker
Keef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MC
Leeds
MC Status: 10176330

I have to say I'm seriously waiting for dual monitor support. It's the thing I miss most about switching from Logic to live.
(although I did buy a massive 22inch monitor to make up for it)

------------------
Updated spotify list of all the stuff I've been involved with here:
And bandcamp for stuff I wouldn't even go to a record company with here: https://keefbaker.bandcamp.com/
There's other stuff out there but I can't be fucked to list it.
Keef Baker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #10
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269448658
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keef Baker View Post
I have to say I'm seriously waiting for dual monitor support. It's the thing I miss most about switching from Logic to live.
(although I did buy a massive 22inch monitor to make up for it)
mAybe that will come in 9 and you'll have to pay for the upgrade..

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Keef Baker
Keef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MCKeef Baker is a savage MC
Leeds
MC Status: 10176330

I imagine it'll come with a lot more than that or it can bite its own dick!

------------------
Updated spotify list of all the stuff I've been involved with here:
And bandcamp for stuff I wouldn't even go to a record company with here: https://keefbaker.bandcamp.com/
There's other stuff out there but I can't be fucked to list it.
Keef Baker is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269448658
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,700 Posts

I'd be curious to see what they'll add and how much it will be...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #13
.at/on
Learning The Ropes

Hi IdmForums users,

I uploaded a new version of my devices.
You can get them here [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I added midi/automation support where it is possible. And the main improvement is that Circle2 doesn't crash on some Windows systems any more.

You can check project page on Cycling74 web site.

Best wishes,
Anton.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
Cat3
Deep Underground
Cat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MC
MC Status: 13439

Quote:
Originally Posted by .at/on View Post
Hi IdmForums users,

I uploaded a new version of my devices.
You can get them here [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I added midi/automation support where it is possible. And the main improvement is that Circle2 doesn't crash on some Windows systems any more.

You can check project page on Cycling74 web site.

Best wishes,
Anton.
thanks!!

------------------
Cat3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
JohnMur
Learning The Ropes
JohnMur is currently spamming hard

They look great, cant wait to try them out
JohnMur is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
MrNedRush
Minor Glitch
MrNedRush is a glorious beacon of lightMrNedRush is a glorious beacon of lightMrNedRush is a glorious beacon of lightMrNedRush is a glorious beacon of lightMrNedRush is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 478

Hi. I make maxforlive devices and sell them (don't hate me) for wacky sound design and performance effects.

I appreciate the maxforlive community is largely based around sharing but I do get a lot of sales and regularly celebrates milestones by releasing the devices for free for a limited time, for example 2000 subs on youtube, 500 likes on Facebook, 1000 follows on soundcloud or twitter, that kind of thing, so if your not up for paying for them but are interested in the devices hit me up on these social networks and wait for freebies.

I also do a few maxforlive related videos on my youtube channel sharing ideas and concepts for people curious about building their own devices.

Look up He Runs Hundreds on Facebook and Soundcloud or check out the NedFX maxforlive bundle.

Cheers all
MrNedRush is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #17
MNMZR
Learning The Ropes
MNMZR is currently spamming hard
SF

Did you tried Swarzonator for playing chords on Ableton with Max4Live ?
MNMZR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #18
xicotam
Minor Glitch
xicotam has a spectacular aura aboutxicotam has a spectacular aura aboutxicotam has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 206

sounds really great and useful. Max/msp is really creative tool

Advertisements

xicotam is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote