Pure Data Resources.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
emmanuel.d
Keen Sinusoidal Scavenger
emmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MC
riot
MC Status: 1087654
Pure Data Resources.

There isn't already one topic for all the PD stuff, so I'll try to make it properly.

Non-IDMf stuff

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(SOS article)
(A board ! Yes !)

About algorithms

IDMf stuff

Patches

(Tons of patches about many things)
(patch section of the puredata.info board)
(ARGO stuff : loaads of patches down there)

Books

Miller Puckette's "The Theory and Technique of Electronic Music" [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Todd Winkler's "Composing Interactive Music: Techniques and Ideas Using Max" [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Andy Farnell - Designing Sound [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Online books

Video stuff

(Rafael Hernandez video tutorials)

I think it's a good start. If you want to add something, put it next, and I'll edit my post.

Last edited by emmanuel.d; 12-15-2013 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Dead links removed

Advertisements

emmanuel.d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603
Re: Pure Data ressources.

stickied for the sheer awesome.
thanks man

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
mrcold
Sample Destroyer
mrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to beholdmrcold is a splendid one to behold
missouri
MC Status: 660

not much i haven't seen.. but helpful anyway!

Thanks!
mrcold is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
Julius Quasar
Analog Lurker
Julius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MCJulius Quasar is a savage MC
Earth
MC Status: 10604

Attempting to get into Pure Data. Some great info here. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in particular I think is pretty good at getting past the initial what is going on stage.

------------------
Julius Quasar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
ardot_adot
Minor Glitch
ardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MC
MC Status: 60295

hi!
well that miller puckette book is free online just google it, for whoever is interested.
ardot_adot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: my cieling fan
Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
ardot_adot
Minor Glitch
ardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MCardot_adot is a savage MC

Also i forgot to mention there is this book called Designing Sound by Andy Farnell, its not free but one of the best books ive seen that uses PD as purely a sound engine, comes with a lot of physics, math and a bit of psychoacoustics and its not free but its completely worth paying for it. Its not completely for newbies but its not that hard to understand.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #7
ardot_adot
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndMOUSE View Post
I googled miller puckette and got a blank. Got a link ??
no problem [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, be warned that the book relies heavily on math formulas so it might feel cryptic to read at times...
Old 07-15-2011, 04:47 AM   #8
ardot_adot
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndMOUSE View Post
thanks a lot Ardot.

Repped =)
my pleasure
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
BeckmannM
Minor Glitch
BeckmannM has a spectacular aura aboutBeckmannM has a spectacular aura aboutBeckmannM has a spectacular aura about
padova
MC Status: 210

thanks a lot, very interesting!!
BeckmannM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #10
ardot_adot
Minor Glitch

well just to add to the thread i think its important to mention that, from my experience (and i had to learn this the hard way), studying the software alone will only get you so far. If you want to really break through and start creating your own tools is necessary to know your synthesis, sampling and a bit of programming. If you want to dive into more sofisticated stuff like FFT, physical modelling or filter design, study dsp and higher Math, that means going through arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, analytic geometry, pre calculus, calculus, differential equations, etc... all that theory will eventually add up to ideas using Pure Data.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
Dugg Funnie
Banned
Dugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond reputeDugg Funnie has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 3810

Designing Sound: Andy Farnell: 9780262014410: Amazon.com: Books [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

AWESOME book using Pd to explore the concepts.
Dugg Funnie is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #12
[Complex]
Microknight
[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold
Spain
MC Status: 960

Pd is a very interesting programming language, is possible to make synthesizers, sequencers and tools for live act, samplers, keyboards, etc..
[Complex] is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
Djreject
Analog Lurker
Djreject has a spectacular aura aboutDjreject has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 168

For begginers and even intermediary this is a nice site for tutorial and guide of pbjects and concepts

------------------
Djreject is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
[Complex]
Microknight
[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold[Complex] is a splendid one to behold
Spain

The puredata flossmanuals is very good, and the book of Miller Puckette is imprescindible.

Here is a modular synth that I made:

Sorry for the audio and video quality

------------------
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Yanisaxaddict
Granular Poster
Yanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really niceYanisaxaddict is just really nice
MC Status: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Complex] View Post
The puredata flossmanuals is very good, and the book of Miller Puckette is imprescindible.

Here is a modular synth that I made:

Sorry for the audio and video quality
That is amazing, what software are you using to make that synth ?
Yanisaxaddict is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Yanisaxaddict
[Complex] (02-24-2013)
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
[Complex]
Microknight
Spain

I have used PureData, it is free
Can be downloaded from [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I like a lot PureData because it is very easy compared with other programming languaje like Java/C++.

The video is a little old, I have improved and simplified a lot the graphic interface and aded a 'Wave Multiplier'.

Thanks!

Last edited by [Complex]; 02-24-2013 at 06:50 PM..

------------------
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #17
SUN of IRA
Soundwave Mangler
SUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant future
Manchester
MC Status: 1560

Great! These resources should come in very handy as I am currently learning the ins and outs of Pure Data.
SUN of IRA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
emmanuel.d
Keen Sinusoidal Scavenger
emmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MCemmanuel.d is a savage MC
riot
MC Status: 1087654

I updated the post with your links. Thanks
emmanuel.d is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #19
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts
Re: Pure Data Resources.

Fixed up the thread title.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #20
Cariola Project
Minor Glitch
Cariola Project has a spectacular aura aboutCariola Project has a spectacular aura aboutCariola Project has a spectacular aura about
São Paulo, SP
MC Status: 210
Re: Pure Data Resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel.d View Post
There isn't already one topic for all the PD stuff, so I'll try to make it properly.
I think it's a good start. If you want to add something, put it next, and I'll edit my post.
Nice work putting together all those links. I worked sometimes with PureData, it is a realy nice software.

There are many boxes in PD but you can create some of your own (in C++) if you want. If anyone is interested I can show some links/tutorials or collaborate on programing some new boxes for PD.

Cheers,

Advertisements

Cariola Project is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote