Detailed, Documented Max/MSP Abstractions
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 18-12-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
SashaBorodin
SashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MC
台北
MC Status: 999119
Detailed, Documented Max/MSP Abstractions

Posted this in The Studio forum, but people didn't seem interested.

For a course I took this semester, I created a library of well documented Max/MSP abstractions that are to be opened using the [bpatcher] object. These abstractions are divided into 7 different categories: Effects, FFT, MIDI, Sampling, Sequencing, Synthesizers, and Utility. Each category has a number of abstractions within it that provide different musical functions. There are examples for 6 of the 7 categories (Utility doesn't have examples since it's used through out). Each abstraction is labeled with comment boxes, and the examples all have explanations, so it's easy to see the logic used in creating each patch. If you want to take a look at the project, it can be found here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I think the Sequencers are really the highlight of the project, but there's a number of other stuff. Please take a look, I'd like to share and help out Max newcomers.

Advertisements

SashaBorodin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
snsr
Learning The Ropes
snsr is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Detailed, Documented Max/MSP Abstractions

Wow- thank you, your patches are very informative. I'm playing around with the demo version of Max, and I have to say it's a little daunting.
snsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
SashaBorodin
SashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MCSashaBorodin is a savage MC
台北
MC Status: 999119

Quote:
Originally Posted by snsr View Post
Wow- thank you, your patches are very informative. I'm playing around with the demo version of Max, and I have to say it's a little daunting.
Tutorials are your best friend. Start with the Max tutorials, you don't have to finish them (though you shoudl eventually), then move onto to the MSP tutorials. You might also want to look at the Peter Elsea's tutorials, just google them. Also check out the article on this page titled "Things I Wish People Had Told Me (part zero)" [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
SashaBorodin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:48 AM   #4
FORKBITER
Minor Glitch
FORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MCFORKBITER is a savage MC
Transilvania
MC Status: 32115

thank you so much , I live in a shit hole so no chance at studying Max except the internets. Sharing your work is the best way for us noobs to learn besides the tutorials.
FORKBITER is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Stockhausen
Old 30-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
jonmoore
Learning The Ropes
jonmoore is currently spamming hard

Thanks for sharing here. Can't wait to have a rummage through your Max/MSP related package of delights.

JM
jonmoore is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Curios
Sample Destroyer
Curios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MCCurios is a savage MC
Philadelphia, PA
MC Status: 1850373

Thanks a bunch man. This looks like something I can sink my teeth into for a bit. Thanks and thanks and have some rep.

------------------
Curios is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
JohnMur
Learning The Ropes
JohnMur is currently spamming hard

Am I missing something, cant find the downloads? Sorry in advance if it's obvious
JohnMur is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #8
OrFeu
Learning The Ropes
OrFeu is currently spamming hard

For anyone who goes looking for this, it's now at geometer dot co along with some Max externals and other goodies he made.

Advertisements

OrFeu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote