Listening suggestions
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280449
Thanked 1,158 Times in 745 Posts
Listening suggestions

Since we had somehow managed to get this forum up (riots work, people), I thought it'd be a good idea to start off with suggesting some artists and albums for anyone passing by, and everyone feel free to suggest your own (I'm actually hoping for it ).

Artists

Gridlock - [IDM/Industrial] - This is my personal favorite band. Over the course of their career they were becoming more and more of an IDM project, but their entire catalog is absolutely full of works of pure brilliance that flawlessly stretch across both genres and excel in each without fail. If you check it out you'll be sure to see the IDM-influenced industrial (the album "Further") become industrial-influenced IDM (the album "Formless").

Haujobb - [IDM/EBM/Industrial] - Haujobb is hard to categorize. Because Daniel Myer has become a master at taking any kind of sound and forcing that sound to find new direction. Haujobb is unique in the industrial scene like no other band can be for this reason. No album of theirs sounds very much like any other and every single one is just fantastic. From the Skinny Puppy-inspired "Homes & Gardens" to the minimalistic IDM/ambient album "Ninetynine" to the clubfloor-killing album "Vertical Theory" to the breakbeat/industrial of "Polarity" there's a lot to hear in this band.

Skinny Puppy - [Industrial] - Well, duh. Skinny Puppy is the standard by which everyone else in the industrial genre is judged.

Converter - [Power Electronics] - Power electronics had come to fruition way before Converter had stepped on the scene (thanks to the label Ant-Zen), but it's Converter that mastered it. It's rare to see a project that has so many different influences find room for all of them in a project, but to hear it all in one song in mind-blowing.

Nitzer Ebb - [EBM] - There's not a lot of EBM I get into anymore, but I still can't help but dance when I hear Nitzer Ebb at the club.

Albums

Haujobb - Solutions for a Small Planet
Gridlock - Further
Skinny Puppy - Too Dark Park
Converter - Shock Front
Chemlab - East Side Militia
Download - The Eyes of Stanley Pain
Nitzer Ebb - That Total Age
Front Line Assembly - Civilization

Advertisements

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Nivekian
Learning The Ropes
Nivekian will become famous soon enough
West Coast to the Rockies
MC Status: 73
Re: Listening suggestions

Horchata
Lab Report
Manufacture
Kill Switch... Klick
Kill Memory Crash
Ministry
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
KMFDM
MDFMK

Of course, not every song by these artists falls into this category...
Nivekian is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
depaffect
Soundwave Mangler
depaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MCdepaffect is a savage MC
Melbourne
MC Status: 853440

i love industrial hardcore - the slow techno orientated stuff. something with a midtempo crunchy distorted techno groove. like:

rude awakening
n-vitral
armageddon project
void settler (his stuff is quite idm)
broken rules

------------------
depaffect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #4
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad
MC Status: 1215

Wumpscut - Bunkertor 7, Embryodead, Wreath of Barbs and Music for a German Tribe should be on anyone's list for listening, i tend to skip his later works like plague, but then again, someone might like his easier works like evoke or after that when he got more club friendly and started to make "all florfiller" albums.

Necro Facility - If you like skinny puppy, give these guys a listen. Oldschool sound with a newer date
VIVIsect is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #5
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVIsect View Post
Wumpscut - Bunkertor 7, Embryodead, Wreath of Barbs and Music for a German Tribe should be on anyone's list for listening, i tend to skip his later works like plague, but then again, someone might like his easier works like evoke or after that when he got more club friendly and started to make "all florfiller" albums.
Totally agree. I'm all about Rudy's early albums like, Embryodead, but as it went on.... Evoke
and Goth Census? No, thanks.

I feel like he just kind of ran out of ideas and did whatever after that.

Last edited by candlesayshi; 04-04-2008 at 04:56 AM..

------------------
Old 04-04-2008, 05:01 AM   #6
Theget
Theget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MCTheget is a savage MC
Florida, WPB
MC Status: 1850108

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelium View Post
PROTIP: This is IDMF. We're fucking pretentious.
My Soundcloud
The Crack Arcade
Theget is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
jakobcreutzfeldt
Ghostly
jakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MCjakobcreutzfeldt is a savage MC
MC Status: 61112557

Is this an appropriate place to mention Merzbow and Whitehouse?

I'm still totally stuck on Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb.
jakobcreutzfeldt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
VIVIsect
VIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud ofVIVIsect has much to be proud of
Novi Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobcreutzfeldt View Post
Is this an appropriate place to mention Merzbow and Whitehouse?

I'm still totally stuck on Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb. Haujobb.
'Tis appropriate

And i forgot to mention Laibach
Old 04-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744015591
Thanked 6,963 Times in 4,342 Posts

My mate just mastered a Merzbow track for a compilation - he said it was easily the loudest recording he`d ever encountered in 25 years.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
VIVIsect
Novi Sad

Another addition to the thread
Chu Ishikawa

He wrote music for Tetsuo: The Ironman, Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer, Tokyo Fist, Bullet Ballet, Gemini, Dead or Alive ( triology, not the game related movie )...
Pounding metal percussion works, some synth bass with live bassist, sometimes there's a vocal even, pure win!

Listening reccomendation: Tetsio 1 & 2 OST, Tokyo Fist ( btw, you could as well watch both tetsuo movies if you can find them somwhere, i really really recomend those )
Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
one33
Learning The Ropes
one33 is a splendid one to beholdone33 is a splendid one to beholdone33 is a splendid one to beholdone33 is a splendid one to beholdone33 is a splendid one to beholdone33 is a splendid one to beholdone33 is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 756

how come no one's mentioned front242 yet.
one33 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #12
Nivekian
Learning The Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by one33 View Post
Because we were waiting for you to do it...
Currently Listening To: Godspeed You! Black Emperor = Moya
Old 07-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #13
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by one33 View Post
guessed they were kinda a given...?

But i just found a site claiming to be the world`s largest Industrial/Gothic [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in the world if you fancy a look?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #14
Nivekian
Learning The Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveldt View Post
But i just found a site claiming to be the world`s largest Industrial/Gothic [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
in the world if you fancy a look?
Pretty good list... They were only missing a few things (Chaostar & Dvar) so I suggested them and I'd suggest them here too but this thread isn't about goth music...
Currently Listening To: Soma - Arcane
Old 07-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #15
lolirl
Administrator

Agreed - i`m on last.fm right now getting a bit of a Big Black fix
Old 07-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #16
:10:
:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 485

Memmaker is pretty decent. just picked it up a few weeks ago.

I will have to look at my small collection....i cant remember any of the decent artist off the top of my head....its been awhile.

------------------
:10: is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
candlesayshi
Imperfect
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by :10: View Post
Memmaker is pretty decent. just picked it up a few weeks ago.
Excellent, because I've been looking at that ever since Hive released it.

I want to pick it up and check it out, and I have the money for it. However, I can't touch it, because my girlfriend and I are trying this new thing with me where I don't blow all my money on software, and CDs, and MIDI controllers, etc.

I've heard a lot of good things about it though.

------------------
Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #18
:10:
:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light:10: is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 485

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
However, I can't touch it, because my girlfriend and I are trying this new thing with me where I don't blow all my money on software, and CDs, and MIDI controllers, etc.

...hmmm,...I think we are in the same boat...except,...I always seem to fail....lol

------------------
:10: is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #19
sinewaves
Learning The Ropes
sinewaves will become famous soon enoughsinewaves will become famous soon enough
Bristol
MC Status: 148

exclipsect and kaebin yield
orphx
asche
acumen nation
xanopticon
combichrist, innit!

excellent forum to have up running and to be a part of.
sinewaves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #20
candlesayshi
Imperfect
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinewaves View Post
exclipsect

Advertisements

------------------