[Lo-Fi,Ambient] BellChainedBodies - Tape Gardens
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Give some feedback, get some in return. (Must be a member for 7 days before posting threads, and 30 posts minimum in other areas of the forum.) Keep this forum free of spam! This is for you, the artists.

Old 14-03-2017, 04:48 AM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 19160
[Lo-Fi,Ambient] BellChainedBodies - Tape Gardens

I made this after listening to a bit of Boards Of Canada and Brian Scott.
it's the first time I've used my reel to reel and cassette recorder in the same song, plus, using Abletons EQ, I feel really good about my Lo-Fi skills, I'll have to put all this hardware to good use for the new record coming soon.

some of the drums are purposely low volume, because they were not meant to be rhythmic when I first put them in, they just ended up sounding that way in the final mix and I didn't notice until it was too late.

Advertisements

------------------
My Website:https://flootaboot.wordpress.com/

(all of my music is linked on my website)
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Lo-Fi,Ambient] BellChainedBodies - Tape Gardens.
Old 14-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163860
Thanked 3,277 Times in 2,446 Posts
Re: [Lo-Fi,Ambient] BellChainedBodies - Tape Gardens

I really liked that..really did..do.

Just want to suggest you try adding in some sort of found sound in the background..a person talking or laughing..inaudible chatter..kids playing..that sort of thing..and perhaps a simple little melody to complement the rest of the track, played on piano or the plucked strings of a steel guitar..that sort of thing.

As it is, it's good and nice an all..but I feel you could make it better..but that's just my take on it..and you may very well be happy with it as it currently is..in which case you're going to ignore everything I just said..and rightly so.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I really liked that..really did..do.

Just want to suggest you try adding in some sort of found sound in the background..a person talking or laughing..inaudible chatter..kids playing..that sort of thing..and perhaps a simple little melody to complement the rest of the track, played on piano or the plucked strings of a steel guitar..that sort of thing.

As it is, it's good and nice an all..but I feel you could make it better..but that's just my take on it..and you may very well be happy with it as it currently is..in which case you're going to ignore everything I just said..and rightly so.
I'll take it into consideration for future endeavors, as I do with all constructive criticism...

------------------

Old 14-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 17060

The lofi grit pad things on either side really worked for me. In my headphones, the play between the two channels of that audio was really neat and slotted into the mix well. If that was an accident, good work, if it was intentional, even better.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #5
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
The lofi grit pad things on either side really worked for me. In my headphones, the play between the two channels of that audio was really neat and slotted into the mix well. If that was an accident, good work, if it was intentional, even better.
that was intentional, thanks for listening man.

Advertisements

------------------