[Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Secret Weapon
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-03-2017, 01:40 AM   #1
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
[Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Secret Weapon

Took me a while to get the arrangement that I'm satisfied with. Let me know if the different sections are connected well.

Thanks!

Edit: Link to completed version.

Last edited by Kyrpto; 09-05-2017 at 06:16 PM..

Advertisements

Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Secret Weapon.
Old 14-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #2
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Secret Weapon

All parts well connected, needs intro.
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #3
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all

Thanks. I'm thinking about shortening the arp at 1:54 by half. Do you think that's necessary?

------------------
Old 15-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #4
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

It's ok as it is but you may try to change it and compare.
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

So the kick and bass isn't doing it as an intro? Any suggestions?

------------------
Old 17-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts

Hi, it doesn't sound too long to me. The parts connect well, it all seems to follow a classic eight-bar structure so none of the changes are unexpected.
I think I agree with sonar that it could work with an intro that's not a kick+snare exposition. Here you seem to rush directly into the "chorus" and it makes the breakdown eight bars later feel a bit early.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #7
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Hi, it doesn't sound too long to me. The parts connect well, it all seems to follow a classic eight-bar structure so none of the changes are unexpected.
I think I agree with sonar that it could work with an intro that's not a kick+snare exposition. Here you seem to rush directly into the "chorus" and it makes the breakdown eight bars later feel a bit early.
Added an intro. Let me know if it connects well.

------------------
Old 31-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #8
omersname
Learning The Ropes
omersname is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Alot of noises. Messy structure. Not one change in whole 4 minutes and 4 seconds. Good luck!
omersname is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #9
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960

Beat, bass and melodies fit soo well.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #10
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

Fun track, that is giving me some oldschool and some video-gamey vibes. (even pre the chip sounds around 1:30)

Hmm.. People are posting cool tracks in the listening booth these days

The transition around 2:30 didn't make a lot of sense to me cause you had just had that short breakdown right before those 16 bars of hyper, which made the new breakdown feel sudden. I do like the breakdown at 2:40 though, and the build back up. Pretty spicey

Fun track dude

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #11
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by omersname View Post
Alot of noises. Messy structure. Not one change in whole 4 minutes and 4 seconds. Good luck!
This post makes no sense.

------------------
Old 04-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #12
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

I like it

The drums are particularly very tasty and works well with the rest.

If I should be super critical I wouldn't have faded the main synth at 1.02 - Somehow it just sound unnessesary.

But definitely a cool track

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #13
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbj View Post
I like it

The drums are particularly very tasty and works well with the rest.

If I should be super critical I wouldn't have faded the main synth at 1.02 - Somehow it just sound unnessesary.

But definitely a cool track
Thanks! Do you think the intro connects well?

------------------
Old 04-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #14
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Thanks! Do you think the intro connects well?
Actually I do

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #15
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

Really cool track. Well mixed and lots of variety. I think the intro could still use a bit more of a build up? Maybe tease some of the later arps in the intro? Just spit ballin.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 09:37 PM   #16
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080164
Thanked 1,230 Times in 830 Posts

this is as simple as the 80s were, and that is a compliment

even down to the sounds

love it. i could never do this. reminds me of 16 bit era computer games with much better sounds

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 12:09 AM   #17
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Really appreciate the feedback guys! Thanks!

------------------
Old 20-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #18
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab View Post
this is as simple as the 80s were, and that is a compliment

even down to the sounds

love it. i could never do this. reminds me of 16 bit era computer games with much better sounds
Do you know of any similar music like this?

------------------
Old 21-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #19
Entox
Deep Underground
Entox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond reputeEntox has a reputation beyond repute
Bristol
MC Status: 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
All parts well connected, needs intro.
I think a bit of automation of some sort would work well with the arp at 1:14.

I liked this, nice and trancey...

------------------
Entox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #20
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

I just added a pro mix version of the song. Let me know how it compares to mine and if it could use any improvements.

Note: the periodic dip in volume is due to the watermarking.

Advertisements

------------------