[Electro] Brogner - E.M.D.R.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-03-2017, 01:30 AM   #1
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Bergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud of
Wisconsin
MC Status: 1160
[Electro] Brogner - E.M.D.R.

Hi guys,

I finished this tune a few days ago and got a couple reviews sent back. There was a good amount of positive feed back on the song from a song writing point of view. I'm really happy with the song writing aspect of this tune and hope to improve. I am also happy with certain elements that worked out
(the bass/tom pattern and using accent patterns with delay)

The bad feedback I received all had a common theme. Mixing and the general handling of the different elements need to be worked on. So in response I bought the iZotope Music Production bundle 2. I love it and can't wait to use it more in future productions. The common practice I utilized for this song and the song in my signature was to put sausage fattener on my master channel as the only plug in and smash everything into it. yup. I'm not going to do that anymore. but thanks for reading. All feedback welcome

Advertisements

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Electro] Brogner - E.M.D.R..
Old 07-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181510
Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,706 Posts
Re: [Electro] Brogner - E.M.D.R.

That's a nice, cool track you've got there..though I've got to say that bass/kick is a little on the loud side for my taste..it this were mine I'd turn it down a little..and I mean only a little. I'd also try some very slight reverb on it, just to give a sense of space to its sound in general and help it fit better with those high sounds in the mix.

All in all. some really solid work there, man..nice one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 39960

In all honesty, the track in your sig has way more dynamic content than this one. The kick sounds really brickwalled or something.

I can't comment on the song itself, but those are my observations from an A-B test as a casual listener.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Bergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud ofBergnermd has much to be proud of
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
That's a nice, cool track you've got there..though I've got to say that bass/kick is a little on the loud side for my taste..it this were mine I'd turn it down a little..and I mean only a little. I'd also try some very slight reverb on it, just to give a sense of space to its sound in general and help it fit better with those high sounds in the mix.

All in all. some really solid work there, man..nice one.
Thank you. Something interesting happened to me when on my first attempt at mixing the chorus/ drop. I eq'ed the high end of the bass and the de-tuned synth playing chords to pull them back a little bit and I hoped the reverb of the lead would fill out the open high end. It did have a nice positive effect and the overall quality was less harsh, however I ran into another problem entirely. The chords and bass appeared to be playing the same note value for certain parts of the drop, I could not hear the tone difference from one chord progressing to the next chord progressing to the next chord after that. I could not figure out what it was so I figured it was an undesirable trick of the ear. The only way I could actually hear the tones changing was to bring the bass and chord section back up, and that fixed it. so that is how I left it. I don't know if there is an explanation for this phenomenon but I though it was worth sharing.

------------------
Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
In all honesty, the track in your sig has way more dynamic content than this one. The kick sounds really brickwalled or something.

I can't comment on the song itself, but those are my observations from an A-B test as a casual listener.
The song in my signature used more dynamic instruments. That probably help out a bit. The kick in the newer song could be described as being brickwalled, due to smashing everything into the one plug in on my master channel.

Thanks for the feed back

Advertisements

------------------