[EDM] Kyrpto - Summer's Eve
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Give some feedback, get some in return. (Must be a member for 7 days before posting threads, and 30 posts minimum in other areas of the forum.) Keep this forum free of spam! This is for you, the artists.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice
MC Status: 360
[EDM] Kyrpto - Summer's Eve

Man I've been doing a lot of my projects overnight. Seems to be when I'm most productive anyway. Well here's another one I made by pulling an all nighter.

Edit: Mastered

Last edited by Kyrpto; 04-04-2017 at 06:19 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [EDM] Kyrpto - Summer's Eve.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163860
Thanked 3,277 Times in 2,446 Posts
Re: [EDM] Kyrpto - Summer's Eve

That's a really cool track you have there, K..kudos, man.

That said, I thought it sounded a bit..well, dead in places..like the sound needed a little "something" to bring the best of it out..or maybe it's just my ears..don't know. Anyway, it's all subjective, so please feel free to ignore me if you disagree..obviously.

I'm not sure what you have on the master bus on this..or what way you mastered it, or even if it was mastered..but you might want to download [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and try adding it to the final mix on the master bus and then playing around with it..it will give you a far better idea of what I mean than my words here alone ever will.

See what you think..

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really niceKyrpto is just really nice

Appreciate the feedback! In terms of sounding dead do you mean more effects and automation? Or is there just not enough stuff going on?

I have an EQ and compressor on the Master.

------------------
Old 08-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163860
Thanked 3,277 Times in 2,446 Posts

Maybe "Dead" wasn't the best word to use there..perhaps "muffled" or "in a small space" kind of sound would be a better way of verbalizing it. Don't misunderstand..you have a really good mix here..what I'm talking about I guess is the overall esthetics of the piece..and keep in mind my ears are used to bright and spacey sounds, so that's got something to do with my impressions, too.

Basically, all I'm really saying here is if this were mine, then I'd had a bit more "space" to the overall sound, making a little more wider and brighter in general..hence my suggesting that free plugin, which excels at doing just those things.

That said, please don't feel like this is something you HAVE to do..it's you're work and if this is how you want it to sounds, then that's how it should sound and the rest of us out there should respect and appreciate that fact.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #5
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

I already have a mastering plugin but I'll definitely give this a try. I'm going to send this to an audio engineer who's going to mix it for me so it probably won't matter all that much.

------------------
Old 08-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #6
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2660

Piano sounds panned on one side not sure why. Sounds are nice. Thought could use some deeper pads, not these flat sawed kind of. when bass hits it sounds much better.
Track is weird, thought it doesn't have any main theme, but it has many different melodies that are not connected.
Beats are nice and bass really.

Many different melodies. You could make 3 songs out of this one.

Hope nothing offended you. Keep them coming!

edit. when i say different melodies, I mean they are not connected.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #7
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

The Piano Chords are panned to the left and the melody is panned to the right. I like songs that are constantly moving and non-repetitive with many variations. For instrumentals anyway. So I generally don't keep the same progression going for more than 8 bars.

For vocals, yeah I would definitely split this up into multiple songs.

Check out my track Secret Weapons, it's even worse

Last edited by Kyrpto; 08-03-2017 at 11:49 AM..

------------------
Old 08-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
The Piano Chords are panned to the left and the melody is panned to the right. I like songs that are constantly moving and non-repetitive with many variations. For instrumentals anyway. So I generally don't keep the same progression going for more than 8 bars.

For vocals, yeah I would definitely split this up into multiple songs.

Check out my track Secret Weapons, it's even worse
I don't see the need to pan it if there is no frequency issues. Imagine sitting in a caffe where you got 2 speakers, 1 is at the bar, other above your on the other side ^.^

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:59 AM   #9
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9810

like the vagina soap?
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #10
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by totes antenna View Post
like the vagina soap?
As long as it gets pussy.

------------------
Old 11-03-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Piano sounds panned on one side not sure why. Sounds are nice. Thought could use some deeper pads, not these flat sawed kind of. when bass hits it sounds much better.
Track is weird, thought it doesn't have any main theme, but it has many different melodies that are not connected.
Beats are nice and bass really.

Many different melodies. You could make 3 songs out of this one.

Hope nothing offended you. Keep them coming!

edit. when i say different melodies, I mean they are not connected.
I uploaded a revised version and tried connecting the different parts.

------------------
Old 11-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #12
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
As long as it gets pussy.
not feelin so fresh in here
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 04:51 AM   #13
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Just got this track professionally mixed. Let me know how the pro version compares to mine.

------------------
Old 24-03-2017, 04:45 AM   #14
aktiveight
Minor Glitch
aktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really nice
Philadephia

Hey dude i really like your tune.

its a little underdeveloped but i still like how you arranged it! try to stay away from preset sequences like that arp that keeps playing a lot. also try to add more more effects like LFO cuts and maybe some cutoff filter automation. but by all means i give your track summer a 6/10. also try to change your style a little bit when you make a new track. i feel like i am hearing the same thing
aktiveight is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 09:03 PM   #15
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aktiveight View Post
Hey dude i really like your tune.

its a little underdeveloped but i still like how you arranged it! try to stay away from preset sequences like that arp that keeps playing a lot. also try to add more more effects like LFO cuts and maybe some cutoff filter automation. but by all means i give your track summer a 6/10. also try to change your style a little bit when you make a new track. i feel like i am hearing the same thing
How would you rate the pro mix as compared to mine? Especially the kick and snare?

Advertisements

------------------