[Jazzy DnB/Guitar] Professurreal - Hey!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Give some feedback, get some in return. (Must be a member for 7 days before posting threads, and 30 posts minimum in other areas of the forum.) Keep this forum free of spam! This is for you, the artists.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #1
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 58710
Thanked 1,174 Times in 784 Posts
[Jazzy DnB/Guitar] Professurreal - Hey!

This is the first track I have completed in a while. Started picking up my guitar again a little while ago so I wanted to use it in a song and this is what came out of it.
The guitar part is an edit from the best bits I have recorded so far but I'm still not entirely sure about it. Anyway I would appreciate some feedback/opinions on the guitar and the general mix.

Hope you enjoy it

Keeping it private for now which means I don't seem to be able to embed it so here's the link.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Jazzy DnB/Guitar] Professurreal - Hey!.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 163860
Thanked 3,277 Times in 2,446 Posts
Re: [Jazzy DnB/Guitar] Professurreal - Hey!

Pro..that's one smoothly sharp tune, dude..kudos.

Seriously, can't think of anything but good things to say about it and I would have downloaded it if you have that feature turned on. The vibe from the guitar reminds me a bit of Steve Hillage's sound on some of his tracks with [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Pro..that's one smoothly sharp tune, dude..kudos.

Seriously, can't think of anything but good things to say about it and I would have downloaded it if you have that feature turned on. The vibe from the guitar reminds me a bit of Steve Hillage's sound on some of his tracks with [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Thanks a lot man. If you like I can send you a download link as a pm. Just want to keep the actual Soundcloud private for now

------------------
Old 07-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
Thanks a lot man. If you like I can send you a download link as a pm. Just want to keep the actual Soundcloud private for now

Cheers, man..I'd appreciate that very much..seriously.

------------------
Old 07-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

you should have a pm

------------------
Old 07-03-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
A.M

Quote:
you should have a pm

So should you..

------------------
Old 09-03-2017, 11:55 PM   #7
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Always enjoyed your work and it's nice to hear more of it again! I wanna hear this in the next Chrono Cross game or something hehe. Majorly fond of the percussion mixing, there could always be more subtle automated effects on the drum tracks, like a reverb on the snare that gets more intense as the song progresses. I wanna throw a lot of distortion on that bassline, personally.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2660

Great track, really enjoyed it.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #9
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
Always enjoyed your work and it's nice to hear more of it again! I wanna hear this in the next Chrono Cross game or something hehe. Majorly fond of the percussion mixing, there could always be more subtle automated effects on the drum tracks, like a reverb on the snare that gets more intense as the song progresses. I wanna throw a lot of distortion on that bassline, personally.
Hey Proton,

thanks for the feedback. I might try out some of those ideas. I kept the bass pretty clean and acoustic sounding but I might try some distortion on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Great track, really enjoyed it.
thanks

------------------
Old 22-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #10
20luggi07
Regular Freak
20luggi07 will become famous soon enough
Innsbruck
MC Status: 60

I like the vibe of the song and the combination of the rhoads and guitar... the third chord you have is so jazzy

Maybe you could use a tiny bit more compression on the guitar? I have been producing/mixing for 1 year now.. so don´t take me too serious

smooth sound..
20luggi07 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #11
Goski
Regular Freak
Goski is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Yeah, sitting up late checking different sounds and songs. This one made me realy happy and mellow. The base kick kind of distorts slightly but could be my headphones.
Goski is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 12:49 PM   #12
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy you enjoyed the track

------------------
Old 01-05-2017, 09:57 AM   #13
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

Here's my critique of this track:

• I love it.
• I would listen to this chilling at home.
• Make more.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #14
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Here's my critique of this track:

• I love it.
• I would listen to this chilling at home.
• Make more.
Thanks. I will eventually

------------------
Old 02-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #15
_nanonoise_
Microknight
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1260

wow chill summer vibe. Everything is in a yellow hue all of a sudden :-)
did you improvise while jamming?

I also like the energetic fast-paced congas (in the far background)

no comments, only that it could have lasted a bit longer maybe :-)
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #16
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6460

I feel like your harmony suggests some different notes melodically. I'm a guitar player so I know our familiar boxes of despair we are bound to repeat just too much. for example the "b" (5) is far too much a recurring note in your melodic passages.

I like this a lot. I would love to have a pass at adding complimentary guitar. Just thought you may want to hear that instead of me just saying good job. Seriously though. I do like it. Just wanted to help!
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #17
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
I feel like your harmony suggests some different notes melodically. I'm a guitar player so I know our familiar boxes of despair we are bound to repeat just too much. for example the "b" (5) is far too much a recurring note in your melodic passages.

I like this a lot. I would love to have a pass at adding complimentary guitar. Just thought you may want to hear that instead of me just saying good job. Seriously though. I do like it. Just wanted to help!

Hey thanks for the honest feedback and yeah you are right, I repeat myself and the patterns familiar to myself far too much. I'm also still quite a beginner guitar wise. I can send you a version without the guitar if you like and you can add some of your own playing over it.
If you leave some spaces for me we could even try a sort of call and response thing.
Only if you like off course.

------------------
Old 03-05-2017, 09:11 AM   #18
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6460

Quote:
Hey thanks for the honest feedback and yeah you are right, I repeat myself and the patterns familiar to myself far too much. I'm also still quite a beginner guitar wise. I can send you a version without the guitar if you like and you can add some of your own playing over it.
If you leave some spaces for me we could even try a sort of call and response thing.
That would be great. I'll pm email

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #19
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
That would be great. I'll pm email

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
I sent you a private Soundcloud link and made the file downloadable. Feel free to do a call and response type thing as well as your own guitar version. If you send me a nice version I can upload it to my Soundcloud and mention your name and link to your own Soundcloud.

------------------
Old 05-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #20
Pootietang
Banned
Pootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MCPootietang is a savage MC
Planet Earth
MC Status: 1703254

super groovy! dig

Advertisements

Pootietang is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote