[IDM, Glitch] Kaiuna - Feels Like... (WIP)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387
[IDM, Glitch] Kaiuna - Feels Like... (WIP)

Hey Folks,

So Iím gearing up to release an album and Iím pretty stoked on most of the tracks. However this one seems to be giving me some grief. Iíve already re-written the second half once, and still just feel like itís not as good as it could be. It could just be that itís the oldest song on the album and Iíve listened to it too many times. I tend to get a little nit-picky and never finish tracks

What do you guys think? Any suggestions or ideas of where I could take it or what I can tweak to improve it?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Thanks!

Advertisements

Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM, Glitch] Kaiuna - Feels Like... (WIP).
Old 03-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
strangerflesh
Analog Lurker
strangerflesh has a spectacular aura aboutstrangerflesh has a spectacular aura aboutstrangerflesh has a spectacular aura about
Winnipeg
MC Status: 210
Re: [IDM, Glitch] Kaiuna - Feels Like... (WIP)

I like al ot of the elements of the song, really like the end part starting at 440. Think you could maybe shorten the intro and get to the drums earlier and introduce a version of the part that starts at 440 earlier. The song jumps around a lot and doesn't seem cohesive. Many great ideas but no over arcing concept to keep it cohesive. I would say if you really want to change it edit it down and try working in the end motif earlier in the song to make it sound more cohesive.

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:18 AM   #3
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangerflesh View Post
I like al ot of the elements of the song, really like the end part starting at 440. Think you could maybe shorten the intro and get to the drums earlier and introduce a version of the part that starts at 440 earlier. The song jumps around a lot and doesn't seem cohesive. Many great ideas but no over arcing concept to keep it cohesive. I would say if you really want to change it edit it down and try working in the end motif earlier in the song to make it sound more cohesive.
Hey thanks a lot for the listen and advice! Yeah my ADD usually kicks in when I'm producing and I end up making ridiculously long and nonlinear progressive tracks that don't have much repetition. I could probably split most of my songs into two and they would still have enough meat to work.

I really like the idea of taking the section at the end and incorporating it into the beginning. I did use the same guitar section for the ending and the second part of the intro, but it might be nice to use some of the drums and bass as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to check it out. I'll try to revisit it this week and might post an updated version.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:29 AM   #4
Kyrpto
Radial Developer
Kyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

I actually like songs that are nonlinear and that are constantly moving. It really gets your engaged. And that's the type of music I like even though I'm not really familiar with the genre of this song. As for being cohesive maybe add some transitional stuff between the sections? There's a lot of things you can experiment with there!

And that ending at 4:55 is sick!

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:48 AM   #5
AetherSound
Granular Poster
AetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really nice
boulder, colorado
MC Status: 360

I really liked it, looking forward to hearing more
AetherSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:06 PM   #6
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6260

I too like it a lot

It doesn't bother me with the arrangement even though the suggestions others made sound justified if you choose so.

What I heard was a lack of deep end. I would fatten the bottom with some EQ or even double what there already is with some xtra subbass.

Cheers

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #7
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
B.C.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Since this version, I've taken the bass and some of the drum elements from the ending and added them to the intro. This will hopefully add some low end in the beginning and make the intro a bit more cohesive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbj View Post
I too like it a lot

It doesn't bother me with the arrangement even though the suggestions others made sound justified if you choose so.

What I heard was a lack of deep end. I would fatten the bottom with some EQ or even double what there already is with some xtra subbass.

Cheers
Thanks for the tip. I do have a subbass track mimicking the bass line, but I had it fairly low in the mix. As I mentioned before, my monitors don't have the best bass representation, but I have a sub hooked up. The only issue with this, is that the sub is on a separate volume control, and therefore tricky to balance levels between my monitors.

I'll definitely bring the sub up in the mix a bit. I should have the finished product in the next week or two (with the rest of my album). I'll make sure to post it somewhere in the forum!

Thanks again everyone! Keep being awesome

Last edited by Kaiuna; 03-09-2017 at 01:42 AM..

------------------
Old 03-09-2017, 04:02 AM   #8
da5ani
Learning The Ropes
da5ani is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

I wish you would post this I need it in my likes lol
<3

Advertisements

da5ani is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote