Need someone to mix and master my beats.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 28-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #1
chris.Torio
Regular Freak
chris.Torio will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Need someone to mix and master my beats.

I'm going to be straight up from the beginning I'm not working with a big budget my money is definitely a little tight right now. Most of my tracks are like 14-16 tracks. I basically EQ and add effects on all my synths. The drums and stuff I don't really touch as much. So I'm lookin for someone to basically Polish off the beat for me and Raise the volume with out clipping it. And of course Mix it not just through it through an Ozone preset lol. But I'm working with like 60 bucks for each Mix/Master I know that's probably an insult to some of you out there but I'm a loyal customer and I have a lot of stuff that needs to be Mixed. And later on down the line we can work on raising the price.

So if this is something you are interested in comment or P.M. thank you everybody. Hopefully I can find somebody that is willing to work with me

Thank You Again

Advertisements

chris.Torio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 17860
Re: Need someone to Mix and master my beats

learn your fucking self you lazy cunt
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
totes antenna (03-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 02:43 AM   #3
chris.Torio
Regular Freak
chris.Torio will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
learn your fucking self you lazy cunt
Why learn when I can possibly pay somebody to do it for me.
chris.Torio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:46 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Public Enema #2
MC Status: 31710

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

There's a section for classified ads. Neat, huh?

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9810

just add flangers on it, default setting.
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 49660

I can make your tracks, too, while we're at it. Relieves you of all the hard work delving into those pesky details around scales, composition, synthesis, harmony, and all other some such nonsense.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #7
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8410

distortion, put distortion on vocals

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #8
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

What the fuck people?
Nothing wrong with seeking professional services, that's why we have professionals called engineers. Lots of people who are far more experienced than you guys hire out. There's an entire industry built around it in case you didn't know.

OP check the services link you were given. I'd recommend this guy. He's mastered lots of things for me and various projects I've been in charge of. He does mixing too. Solid individual, decent prices.

If that doesn't work out you can hit me up too. I can get you a solid mix down that'll translate and volume as well.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #9
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 151210
Thanked 3,024 Times in 1,816 Posts

I get what you are saying, RFJ, but ... the industry bit does not apply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.Torio View Post

Because you can't pay. Either learn or pool more cash.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
Mctoast (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #10
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45941381
Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
What the fuck people?
Nothing wrong with seeking professional services, that's why we have professionals called engineers. Lots of people who are far more experienced than you guys hire out. There's an entire industry built around it in case you didn't know.

OP check the services link you were given. I'd recommend this guy. He's mastered lots of things for me and various projects I've been in charge of. He does mixing too. Solid individual, decent prices.

If that doesn't work out you can hit me up too. I can get you a solid mix down that'll translate and volume as well.
Totes agree here...although for the OP, not the best strategy to open with "I don't have much money."

Usually not worth even trying for an AE. "Why should I work for nothing/pennies?"
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
thom (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #11
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 151210
Thanked 3,024 Times in 1,816 Posts

Hey hold on...

Izotope Neutron.

Investigate that.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:25 PM   #12
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 112960
Thanked 2,259 Times in 1,316 Posts
Re: Need someone to mix and master my beats.

this thread is such a "fuck you" it's ridiculous. Calm down, people.

Mixing on a go is a key aspect here - saves loads of time, makes you start thinking about final product since the beginning. Do mixing while making a track! Layer tracks so they could all sound together very well! However, mastering - you can't do it yourself on your own tracks. Well, you can, if your mixing is awesome. Hear me out on this one. Mastering is a final stage that makes well mixed tracks sound even better, it's also for representing your works to people and it's always better getting some fresh/experienced ears for that. You've been following these pieces since the beginning, spent hours polishing them, and even if you think they're top-notch it's not always the truth and it's better to get some other party involved because this will offer some different perspective on your mix and might point out some issues you weren't aware of. Focus on just mixing for now. Consider mastering in a late stage. Don't rush, this takes some time. Good luck!

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #13
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.Torio View Post
QF-fucking-T

I can understand entirely getting someone to master, the end product (talking about a whole album or ep here, for release).

The mixing thing is a little... Okay? You're already halfway there it sounds! You're already mixing and of course the more you do, the more you learn about it. Just, practice <3

Last edited by PROton42; 04-03-2017 at 12:23 AM..

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #14
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 28110

I don't think you can master a single track for digital. Literally anything you do to it from start to finish would be mixing as far as I'm concerned. Assuming 320k/V0/WAV, there's no inherent limitations to the media that have to be accounted for and there's no continuity between songs to normalize or transitions to consider. You're just doing more mixing, sometimes on the whole track, but mixing still. Throwing a limiter and a glue compressor on it and making a few EQ tweaks isn't mastering.

I understand if people need an outside opinion or lack the ability to self-edit after a point, and I think it's fine to involve other people if you think it improves the quality, but 90% of the time when someone mentions mastering to me it sounds like they're really just talking about more mixing. If you are in the position of needing more than one track to gel cohesively and especially if you plan on having your work printed to physical media, I think it's absolutely crucial to get a mastering engineer involved, or at the very least do your homework on what kind of limitations you'll be running up against.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Artificer
PROton42 (04-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
mmarra
Minor Glitch
mmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to beholdmmarra is a splendid one to behold
Toronto
MC Status: 910

To me it sounds like the OP is looking for either further mixing service and then mastering or mixing feedback from a mastering eng then mastering.

Advertisements

------------------
Mike Marra - Mastering Engineer
Joo Carvalho Mastering Inc.
Toronto, Canada
www.mikemarramastering.com
mmarra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote