[Glitch-Hop] Chaotix - Second attemt at glitch-hop
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752500
[Glitch-Hop] Chaotix - Second attemt at glitch-hop

Blam. Probably too busy, but I think I'm starting to understand re-sampling basses and the power of it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 03-12-2017 at 03:15 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Glitch-Hop] Chaotix - Second attemt at glitch-hop.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387
Re: [Glitch-Hop] Second attemt at glitch-hop

I really like this! I don't think it's too busy at all. I like the samples that you've used in here.

Tapping my toe to it, my body wants a little bit of swing. The beat is tight but I think it could do with some groove to really funk it up. I might also shorten some of the bass notes (adjust the fades), to clean it up and give the samples more room to shine through the cracks.

All in all I'm really digging this. Can't wait to hear it finished!
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:16 AM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiuna View Post
I really like this! I don't think it's too busy at all. I like the samples that you've used in here.

Tapping my toe to it, my body wants a little bit of swing. The beat is tight but I think it could do with some groove to really funk it up. I might also shorten some of the bass notes (adjust the fades), to clean it up and give the samples more room to shine through the cracks.

All in all I'm really digging this. Can't wait to hear it finished!
Thanks man! I'll take that into consideration even though I don't know much about swing haha.

I find I'm having trouble getting the sub bass frequencies right with this type of music.

------------------
Old 02-28-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Thanks man! I'll take that into consideration even though I don't know much about swing haha.

I find I'm having trouble getting the sub bass frequencies right with this type of music.
Yeah, I realized after I suggested it that I don't really know anything about producing songs with swing either.

One thing I could suggest that I've recently discovered for the bass is to sidechain it with a dynamic EQ rather than a compressor. This will still make the bass audible whenever the kick hits, but just duck out the conflicting frequencies to clean it up.

There's a good thread in the tutorial section about this. It also uses TDRNova as the DynEQ, which is a free VST.
idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=146011

Cheers mate!
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:20 AM   #5
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiuna View Post
Yeah, I realized after I suggested it that I don't really know anything about producing songs with swing either.

One thing I could suggest that I've recently discovered for the bass is to sidechain it with a dynamic EQ rather than a compressor. This will still make the bass audible whenever the kick hits, but just duck out the conflicting frequencies to clean it up.

There's a good thread in the tutorial section about this. It also uses TDRNova as the DynEQ, which is a free VST.
idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=146011

Cheers mate!
I tried what you said and changed it up drastically, and I've put too much time in that i don't wanna work on it anymore. So it goes with most things i work on haha.

------------------
Old 03-07-2017, 01:01 AM   #6
AetherSound
Granular Poster
AetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really nice
boulder, colorado
MC Status: 360

nice nice, you might also want to consider some sort of beat repeat effect at the end of each bar to give it that breakdown glitchy feel
AetherSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 58260
Thanked 1,165 Times in 778 Posts
Re: [Glitch-Hop] Chaotix - Second attemt at glitch-hop

I like the bass. Nice midrange stuff going on there. The piano and synth stabs are also pretty cool. Also like it musically. I suppose now you just have to make a full track out of it. It sounds like it's time for a break at the point you currently end it

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote