[SpaceStep] Foreber - El II Renacimiento (Pyrococcus Remix)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea
MC Status: 51237506
Icon6 [PsyFi Cyberpunk] Foreber - El II Renacimiento (Pyrococcus Remix)

My remix of Foreber's (from Mexico) atmospheric sci-fi tune

...introducing spicy beats and that endless melody narrative. I love melodies that continuously evolve, telling an ongoing story without (or only few) repetition.

Check out the cool video that comes with the original tune:

Last edited by Morgen; 03-14-2017 at 02:19 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Morgen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [SpaceStep] Foreber - El II Renacimiento (Pyrococcus Remix).
Old 02-24-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387
Re: [SpaceStep] Foreber - El II Renacimiento (Pyrococcus Remix)

I really like the percussion elements that you've added here. The modulation on them sounds awesome!

I would personally bring up the original in the mix a bit, and sink the lead down a tad so it meshes a bit better with the original. If it starts to get muddy with the drums you can sidechain the original sample with the drums using a dynamic EQ.

I wasn't sure about the lead the first time I listened to it. I think it just seemed to wander a bit and not have enough focus for my tastes. However, a listened through a few more times and It's definitely growing on me. I this the lead might benefit from a bit of delay or some reverb with a HPF on it. This would help it melt into the mix a bit more without subtracting too much from all the awesomeness you already have going on.

Overall I think it's pretty cool. I've often though about doing remixes of ambient tracks but have yet to get around to it. Good job dude!
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Morgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MCMorgen is a savage MC
Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Big thanks, man, very much appreciated!

I actually use sidechaining here, with the bassdrum being a damper on the bassline layer of the original (fairly avoiding the pumping effect).

I also tried delay on the melody lead, I was not content with the results cluttering up the mix. But I didn't try HPF which is a good idea indeed! As soon as I get the vocals for this remix from my singer, I will attempt another mixdown, fiddling with a HPF delay. Will also think about turning down the lead a bit.

Great feedback - cheers!

------------------
Old 03-14-2017, 02:17 AM   #4
Morgen
Savage Mad Cunt
Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Upgraded the instrumental version to the final one - including vocals from Maria Estrella ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
).
Now the lead melo also has a bit of delay - thanks Kaiuna for suggesting this!

Advertisements

------------------

[SpaceStep] Foreber - El II Renacimiento (Pyrococcus Remix) Tags
cyberpunk, electro, idm, psychedelic, sci-fi