The sight of a Nose Ring Makes Me Shiver with Revulsion. Anyone else feel this way?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 14-02-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
Preternature
IDMf's latest spammer
Preternature is a jewel in the roughPreternature is a jewel in the roughPreternature is a jewel in the roughPreternature is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310
The sight of a Nose Ring Makes Me Shiver with Revulsion. Anyone else feel this way?

A person can wear almost anything and he/she will either be attractive or unattractive: yay or nay.
But then... there is a third category, those few who wear nose rings right through the centre of their nose....
All I see when I see a girl (or a guy for that matter) wearing one in the centre/center of her/his nose, is the immense imagined pain, of putting a hole through the most sensitive part of my nose, and I just want to turn away quickly, whenever I see one. No matter how many I've seen in my life, and thankfully not too many, I just can't ever get over the shivering sense of utter repulsion I feel whenever I see a central nose ring in place.
Navel rings, ear rings, Nostril rings, even multiple ear rings - all no problem at all.
But... whenever I see a nose ring, placed right through the centre of anyone's nose, I just want to turn away, put my hand over my poor nose and say "nooooo way. No way. Nooooo way!!!!".

If a billionaire was to offer me a million big ones (which would change my life so incredibly) to put a nose ring through the centre of my nose, I would honestly decline the money, without a second thought.

So now I'm wondering this: are there others on the forum, who feel absolute disgust - you know what I mean - 'the fingernails on a blackboard kind of reaction', to centrally located nose rings? Or am I alone in being overly sensitive to their presence?
Or if not you, then how many others do you know of, who just want to look away immediately whenever someone is present who is wearing anything through the very middle of their nose?

I can indeed deal with a ring almost anywhere else on the body (well... genital area excepted), but a central nose ring just wants to make me shivvver in revulsion, whenever I see one. The only other thing which comes even close to making me feel similarly repulsed, is the sudden sight of a mouse/rat running nearby. Now, over to you?

Last edited by Preternature; 14-02-2017 at 11:45 PM..

Advertisements

Preternature is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Preternature
Taaz (18-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175276390
Thanked 2,703 Times in 1,924 Posts
Re: The sight of a Nose Ring Makes Me Shiver with Revulsion. Anyone else feel this wa

I don't really care, but I know what you mean. Personally I don't like the look of them, but have known a few people with them and don't notice after a while.

People are usually fairly symmetrical, so I always think tattoos or piercings that match that symmetry look weird, except for piercings on earlobes.
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to deadmau7
GomesR (15-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #3
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
Re: The sight of a Nose Ring Makes Me Shiver with Revulsion. Anyone else feel this wa

What if she has the whole shorts thing going on but no tats?
Old 15-02-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943731
Thanked 5,711 Times in 3,598 Posts

Nevermind dude I'm not doing this today. Girl power.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #5
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 33560

No, I don't care how things look, including people. I can't think of anything visual that makes me feel like what you're talking about. I don't know if that make me or you the weird one.

If you think sticking a needle through your nose is painful you need to get out and injure yourself more.
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540830
Thanked 6,998 Times in 4,973 Posts

My partner got this piercing, of which I always forget the name. Our piercer told her its pretty much the most "divisive" facial piercing you can get (having one herself) and the facial piercing that gets the most negative reactions. I wasn't sure I would like it, but she never had just a straight up ring. What she wears every day has a pink/purple/white opal gem cluster. I've really come to like it myself. She often gets compliments on it from complete strangers--and its all about the jewelry. Strangers who compliment her always add the caveat that its the gem cluster that makes it work.

It is certainly a look and even though my partner has one, when I meet someone new with the same piercing it takes me a while for my eyes to not go right to it on their face. Personally I dislike lip piercings and that centered chin piercing more than this nose piercing. I think it really depends on the jewelry someone wears. If it is just a giant steel ring, curved barbell or CBR...it seems kind of pointless and obnoxious to me.

As far as the pain goes, from what I hear its hardly the worst you can get. It is a sensitive spot, but its soft tissue. When I got my daiths pierced (ear cartilage piercing on the inside of the ear) that was the worst I ever had. Its also a "double" piercing for each one because its a hollow part of cartilage so it was to go through the top, hits the "dead air" inside, then goes out the other side. Sounded like some one crunching chips in my ears, lol.

Personally I think women pull it off better than men most of the time.

But if you want to talk about a dumb piercing...the one I can't stand--and you can't even see it--is the connective tissue of the tongue. Our piercer hates doing them and agrees they are absolutely pointless. We were in the shop once when some woman with literally no other piercings, she said she didn't have any others (why lie in a piercing boutique?), and that is what she was coming in to get done. WHY?

Personally I find face tattoos more "offensive" to my sense of aesthetics, but that can be tastefully done too.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Narukami Music (15-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #7
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
My partner got this piercing, of which I always forget the name. Our piercer told her its pretty much the most "divisive" facial piercing you can get (having one herself) and the facial piercing that gets the most negative reactions.
I believe it's called a septum piercing But yeah, your piercer is right. Every time I see someone that has a septum piercing, I see people who make comments about how that person "ruined their face".

Honestly, it's an alternative look, and I either like it or I don't mind it. There is such thing as "overdoing" it but, generally speaking, those people usually have too many piercings, or they do weird shit like this. I know a few people who have a septum piercing, and I think it looks good on them.

Although OP didn't mention that they looks down at people who do this, I see lots of people who do. Which sucks. Mostly comments like "girls who ruin their face like that are so ugly." Comments like that make my blood boil because it's such a rude and thoughtless comment. That shit don't affect you, dawg. Don't have to say something so shallow.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
relic (15-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540830
Thanked 6,998 Times in 4,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
I believe it's called a septum piercing But yeah, your piercer is right. Every time I see someone that has a septum piercing, I see people who make comments about how that person "ruined their face".

Honestly, it's an alternative look, and I either like it or I don't mind it. There is such thing as "overdoing" it but, generally speaking, those people usually have too many piercings, or they do weird shit like this. I know a few people who have a septum piercing, and I think it looks good on them.

Although OP didn't mention that they looks down at people who do this, I see lots of people who do. Which sucks. Mostly comments like "girls who ruin their face like that are so ugly." Comments like that make my blood boil because it's such a rude and thoughtless comment. That shit don't affect you, dawg. Don't have to say something so shallow.
Yes! For the life of me I couldn't remember the name. Septum.

Its the only facial piercing my partner has. We both have some stretched lobe piercings, but only up to 6g which isn't even the width of a standard pen or pencil. Just big enough to wear some more interesting jewelry occasionally.

And I do agree, the septum piercing works for some and others not so much. I was actually surprised I ended up liking it on my partner.
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #9
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42388199
Thanked 5,084 Times in 3,315 Posts

It potentially gives one's enemies a tactical advantage in close combat. A poor choice for hero urban warriors.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #10
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numerical View Post
Nevermind dude I'm not doing this today. Girl power.
Aw man, I wasn't trying to bully you :/
Thanks to deadmau7
Numerical (18-02-2017)
Old 15-02-2017, 07:51 PM   #11
Vault O)))
Still Retarded™
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 41710

Foreign objects on the face? Yeah, that's gross, but I can always be thankful it's not my face.

I feel the same way about tattoos or piercings anywhere; I feel fortunate to not even have to bother. I already have a stupid hobby that takes all of my money away (making music); I don't need another one.

------------------
Placeholder for Unregistered's next dick pic
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #12
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993530
Thanked 4,066 Times in 2,638 Posts

I have no problem with it. They're the only girls I feel will approve of my genital bisection

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #13
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

I passed out a few years ago... To this day I still don't know why. I awoke in a pool of my own blood, having gashed my face (my lip was especially bad, it looked like I was sticking my tongue out between them when really it was split).

I had to have 10 stitches put in, after having it cleaned out from wood splinters (raw flesh and tissue being picked at)... I also had to have part of my gum cut off with scissors, since I obviously didn't stop myself from falling, that had also been shredded...

All of which was done without any anaesthetic, local or otherwise (couldn't get the needle in without causing more damage)

Thankfully I healed up well, and don't resemble Quasi much... (well not anymore than before the fall at least)

So nothing makes me shiver with revulsion anymore.

...Except Trumps hair.

:trumptakingashit:
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 11:55 PM   #14
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 117260
Thanked 2,345 Times in 1,370 Posts

Tongue splitting and extreme earlobe stretching for me. This is where things get really gross.

Nose rings still are entry level body mods, at least you're not that guy who painted his face red, cut off his nose and dyed his eyes black so he could look like a red skull.
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 12:54 AM   #15
totes antenna
TOO on fleek
totes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond reputetotes antenna has a reputation beyond repute
Skyway Patrol
MC Status: 9860

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
im gross
totes antenna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to totes antenna
Vault O))) (18-02-2017)
Old 18-02-2017, 01:59 AM   #16
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943731
Thanked 5,711 Times in 3,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmau7 View Post
Aw man, I wasn't trying to bully you :/
Ok I just kinda figured I said some incredibly misogynistic thing there by merely pointing that out.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #17
Vault O)))
Still Retarded™
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 41710

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
Tongue splitting and extreme earlobe stretching for me. This is where things get really gross.

Nose rings still are entry level body mods, at least you're not that guy who painted his face red, cut off his nose and dyed his eyes black so he could look like a red skull.
Is that Wes Borland? Would go gay.

------------------
Placeholder for Unregistered's next dick pic
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 03:08 AM   #18
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610

yeah septums are ugly especially ornate ones that look like small lustres but you are overreacting

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 03:19 AM   #19
Taaz
Radial Developer
Taaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MC
North Dakota Eh
MC Status: 26008

I'm really sensitive in the ear canal area due to TMJ or something, wearing ear buds or ear plugs or anything near my ears causes some kind of discomfort that I just can't deal with (anybody else with this problem?) so the idea of ear gauges catching on something and yanking my shit hurts to think about.

Never disliked the look of that nose piercing, but also not a fan of any piercing that sticks out, but I'm also on a conquest to be less judgemental so I can respect the fact that people express themselves in such ways

------------------
Taaz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 04:42 AM   #20
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610

i think i know what are you talking about, you feel that clicks when swallowing saliva or chewing right ?
do you have "not right" feeling like something is touching your eardrum ?

Advertisements

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote