[Psy Downtempo] Kyrpto - Somatic
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler
Kyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
[Progressive Breaks] Kyrpto - Somatic

Edit:

Okay I just got this tracked professionally mixed by an audio engineer. How would his mix compare to mine? There's some dips in the volume since it's watermarked.

Edit 2: This is the revised version of the pro mix.

Edit 3: This is the final mastered version of the track.

Last edited by Kyrpto; 03-15-2017 at 07:58 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Psy Downtempo] Kyrpto - Somatic.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:37 PM   #2
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160
Re: [Psy Downtempo] Somatic

imma bump this for you bro... i commented on soundcloud as you know.... but imma say this is prob my fave thing youve done, that chip tune arp just slays me....

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
Taaz
Radial Developer
Taaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MC
North Dakota Eh
MC Status: 25908

At 1:14 it gets really busy and hard to focus on something in particular, that problem resolved at 1:45 when the main lead kicks in, then around 2:37-2:55 is a bit of a melodic overload

Maybe the snare could use some adjustment, it's a bit too present and really grabs my attention, adding to the "busy" factor

Apart from that I like it, the selection of sounds is really nice

------------------
Taaz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:00 AM   #4
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler
Kyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taaz View Post
At 1:14 it gets really busy and hard to focus on something in particular, that problem resolved at 1:45 when the main lead kicks in, then around 2:37-2:55 is a bit of a melodic overload

Maybe the snare could use some adjustment, it's a bit too present and really grabs my attention, adding to the "busy" factor

Apart from that I like it, the selection of sounds is really nice
That's actually one of the things I"m fixing right now. The snare and hihats need a lot of adjustments.

------------------
Old 02-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Alright so I did what FairyLand suggested and did a frequency cut at about 250hz on the bass. Did the same with the kick. Not sure if it made much of a difference though.

Also made some changes to the drum patterns as well.

Last edited by Kyrpto; 02-07-2017 at 09:20 AM..

------------------
Old 02-07-2017, 05:49 PM   #6
Taaz
Radial Developer
Taaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MC
North Dakota Eh

Hey, it sounds much better to my ears now good job

------------------
Old 02-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

oh it sounds much better now man, like loads....

Looks like we have identified a problem with your mix room/ monitors now as well, which will help you LOADS in the future.... if you couldnt really hear the difference then there is a problem with the low mids in your room... so its something to be aware of you arent hearing enough 250 in your room so there is too much of it....

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Well I also don't have the greatest monitors in the world but it does sound better on my computer speakers.

After listen to this a few times I think it still needs a few tweaks. I really want to get this perfect!

------------------
Old 02-09-2017, 03:57 PM   #9
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 3710

OK, first off the intro is fabulous. I love the way you bring the rhythm in on the felt offbeat. the panning is also spot on. Around 1:10 when the lead comes the first lead part comes in I think the ducking is a bit extreme, it starts to disrupt the flow the song for me. The break at 2:00 could be more relaxed sonically, there are so many loud sounds going on, you could strip some of the background sounds out and build them back in slowly...it would have more impact. Other than that, maybe the kick could use a teensy bit of reverb or something, it is not flat but I think there is room for some more sound, although if oyu cut back on the ducking this might make it fit as-is better. Minor detail that. Overall keep on it, I really like the energy here.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Okay made my final changes taking everyone's advice into consideration. Also slowed the tempo just a little. I will definitely come back to this in the future and mess around with it.

------------------
Old 02-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #11
Beid
Microknight
Beid is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

I find it really amazing the way this website works, with ppl coming together to actually help each other and make the music sound the best it can be. This track absolutely smokes it up, nice stuff. Props
Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #12
Taaz
Radial Developer
North Dakota Eh

Is the previous version still uploaded somewhere? I'd like to compare, I could be wrong but it sounds like the arp lost a bit of its melody or presence

I think a bit of saturation on the snare would help get it through the mix, everything else sounds pretty solid

------------------
Old 02-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #13
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taaz View Post
Is the previous version still uploaded somewhere? I'd like to compare, I could be wrong but it sounds like the arp lost a bit of its melody or presence

I think a bit of saturation on the snare would help get it through the mix, everything else sounds pretty solid
Yeah I'll upload it again and send you a link.

------------------
Old 02-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #14
Taaz
Radial Developer
North Dakota Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Yeah I'll upload it again and send you a link.
Thanks, I'll check it out in the morning when the booze wears off

edit: Alright I gave it a listen and was wrong, it must have been the slower tempo messing with my brain

Last edited by Taaz; 02-11-2017 at 08:38 PM..

------------------
Old 03-07-2017, 08:05 AM   #15
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler
Re: [Psy Downtempo] Kyrpto - Somatic

Just paid a mixing engineer a whole lot of money to mix my track. I updated the OP so check it out for comparison.

Last edited by Kyrpto; 03-07-2017 at 01:40 PM..

------------------
Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #16
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany

Hey krypto,

I listened to both. The pro-mix has a better drum mix to me, in comparison your mix had softer drums and the kick had some color that when removed made it sound tighter. I did not like however the panning on the new mix, at least when listed to in headphones. It started to give me a headache. Your panning in contrast was I felt mor subtle and easier on the ears. On a mono system..well who cares, and on speakers it may not matter, but on headphones it was (for me) too much. Overall the pro mix does sound a bit clearer, but I agree with you that the intro is pretty loud. Easy fix though. Great track, thanks for sharing.

------------------
Old 03-10-2017, 04:59 AM   #17
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
Hey krypto,

I listened to both. The pro-mix has a better drum mix to me, in comparison your mix had softer drums and the kick had some color that when removed made it sound tighter. I did not like however the panning on the new mix, at least when listed to in headphones. It started to give me a headache. Your panning in contrast was I felt mor subtle and easier on the ears. On a mono system..well who cares, and on speakers it may not matter, but on headphones it was (for me) too much. Overall the pro mix does sound a bit clearer, but I agree with you that the intro is pretty loud. Easy fix though. Great track, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the feedback. I had the engineer made some changes like the one you mentioned. Check it out. I'm not sure if the song should fade in more gradually or not.

------------------
Old 03-14-2017, 03:24 AM   #18
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Okay I've uploaded the final revision.

------------------
Old 03-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #19
Creepr
Sample Destroyer
Germany

The newest mix is great man. I panning seems much better. Great work.

------------------
Old 03-14-2017, 08:55 PM   #20
Kyrpto
Soundwave Mangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepr View Post
The newest mix is great man. I panning seems much better. Great work.
Thanks! Currently in the process of mastering. Will update when complete

Advertisements

------------------