How to they achieve this bass/sub-bass?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of light
Athens
MC Status: 460
How to they achieve this bass/sub-bass?

I listen to a lot of darkpsy tracks this effect. Not sure how they make it though.

9:15-9:30
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

7:40-8:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0i2FUKujg

Advertisements

------------------
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
https://soundcloud.com/pavleas/nosferatu
pavleas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
Neuralsphere
Soundwave Mangler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 7610
Re: How to they achieve this bass/sub-bass?

Hey, I achieved decent results with Massive... If you can get on the live chat (discord) I can probably explain better there. I've run 3 oscillators (sine, square and another called additive octaves) through 2 filters in series.

First filter is a basic cutoff with resonance, with a LFO on the cutoff. 2nd filter is an Acid filter, cutoff and resonance should probably be automated - experiment with LFO's here if you wish. The LFO is synced at 3/16 and affects the first filters cutoff. Also add a noise oscillator and apply ringmod, phase and FM filters to the first 3 oscillators mentioned above.

Apply another filter and a sine shaper before running through to the delay, and reverb. Running the delay out of sync with panning helps. Add a second LFO to the FM filter, again running at 3/16.

This is as close as I could get... delay, reverb & Off beat LFO's are you best way to go - automation is key to get that evolving warped sub/bass. If you manage to get on discord, I could upload what I did with screenshots.

Hope this helps.
Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
pavleas (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
pavleas
Microknight
pavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of lightpavleas is a glorious beacon of light
Athens
MC Status: 460
Re: How to they achieve this bass/sub-bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuralsphere View Post
Hey, I achieved decent results with Massive... If you can get on the live chat (discord) I can probably explain better there. I've run 3 oscillators (sine, square and another called additive octaves) through 2 filters in series.

First filter is a basic cutoff with resonance, with a LFO on the cutoff. 2nd filter is an Acid filter, cutoff and resonance should probably be automated - experiment with LFO's here if you wish. The LFO is synced at 3/16 and affects the first filters cutoff. Also add a noise oscillator and apply ringmod, phase and FM filters to the first 3 oscillators mentioned above.

Apply another filter and a sine shaper before running through to the delay, and reverb. Running the delay out of sync with panning helps. Add a second LFO to the FM filter, again running at 3/16.

This is as close as I could get... delay, reverb & Off beat LFO's are you best way to go - automation is key to get that evolving warped sub/bass. If you manage to get on discord, I could upload what I did with screenshots.

Hope this helps.
thanks for replying bro. i will check it out and let you know my results <3

Advertisements

------------------
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
https://soundcloud.com/pavleas/nosferatu
pavleas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote