Beat Battle 49: All your Bass are Belong to us
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 AM   #1
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand
MC Status: 101163691
Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,047 Posts
Beat Battle 49: All your Bass are Belong to us

THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday (3rd Feb 2017).
Submissions close Tuesday 11 days later (14th Feb 2017) 23:59 and voting opens at 00:00 (immediately after).

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day, Thursday (16th Feb 2017).

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (Friday 17th Feb 2017 ) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

Late Submissions are void to receiving a vote

All times are UTC.

Countdown until submissions close:

RULES:

1) It's open genre. Do with the samples as you please.

2) You must provide a bass from either a VST, an instrument or a sample yourself.

3) You must use at least three of the samples provided.

All of these samples are played by me on various instruments, btw. And can be played in harmony. The sampled feature list is:

• kalimba
  • kazoo
  • glockenspiel
  • tin whistle
  • melodica
  • maracas and more..

Samples:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Have fun all!

Advertisements

------------------
Thomas is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:24 AM   #2
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11471204
Re: Beat Battle 49: All your Bass are Belong to us

it's on like donkey kong

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness
FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:28 AM   #3
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
Thomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MCThomas is a savage MC
South Central Sealand

and zork

------------------
Thanks to Thomas
I/O_Madness (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 6210

Nice Idea Thomas, can't wait to get started.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Creepr
Thomas (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

I think the real challenge here, is automatically to make the loose samples sound tight. A hint here can be to cut the samples up in 1/4ths.

And here's an easter egg for anyone reading all the posts here:

It's all in the key of E

------------------
Thanks to Thomas
I/O_Madness (04-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #6
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

And here's a take on what to do with the samples then.. The bass is made from Harmless VST.

------------------
Old 03-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #7
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany

Ya know Thomas, it is poor form to show people up on the first day of your OWN BB. At least give us the illusion of having a good shot at this.

Seriously though, that is already a nice track...now I have to really dig deep.

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
I/O_Madness (04-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #8
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Haha creepr, there's a billion ways to mangle these samples into whatever. Most of those ways are probably better than mine in one way or the other.. I just threw it all together in a pile and glitched it up I don't think you have to dig all that deep here, but there's a bit of a challenge in making whatever tight I guess

------------------
Old 03-02-2017, 06:25 PM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1832827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I think the real challenge here, is automatically to make the loose samples sound tight. A hint here can be to cut the samples up in 1/4ths.

And here's an easter egg for anyone reading all the posts here:

It's all in the key of E
In the words of E-Z Possee and Mc Kinky "Everything starts with an 'E'"

Ill post this one jsut for fun...if you are old enough to remember this lol kids today dont know shite

= 3Mins 15Secs

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
brb (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 06:43 PM   #10
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

And since the samples are in key, then I guess you can say that it's an eazy-E.. and those lol kids of today won't remember him either.. Unless they're straight outta compton.

------------------
Thanks to Thomas
I/O_Madness (04-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 07:34 PM   #11
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69880019

I'm going to resist the temptation to submit a cover of Axel F. Can't make any guarantees though.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:16 AM   #12
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 7110

ohhh maybe ill break out my bass guitar on this!

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:33 AM   #13
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

That would be awesomesauce, 7asid.

MFXxx, don't expect me to remember much British stuff from the 80s and early 90s, all we got here back then was John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson. And ofc the absolute top of the pop charts from the UK when the Danish radios could fit it in between the Danish, Swedish and American stuff. But no, you have to count me in with the lol kids, I'm old enough to take it!

------------------
Old 04-02-2017, 01:30 AM   #14
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
That would be awesomesauce, 7asid.

MFXxx, don't expect me to remember much British stuff from the 80s and early 90s, all we got here back then was John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson. And ofc the absolute top of the pop charts from the UK when the Danish radios could fit it in between the Danish, Swedish and American stuff. But no, you have to count me in with the lol kids, I'm old enough to take it!
Ah well I need some old life recollections to kindle the spirit of yesterday year once in a while, so many good times I would love to do again...hey ho. life moves on and the days turn to weeks, months, years and decades lol problem is my head at my age, its hard to fit in anywhere so...here I am still immaturely growing up old on the internet and enjoying life!

------------------
Thanks to MFXxx
I/O_Madness (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 02:29 AM   #15
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Ah well I need some old life recollections to kindle the spirit of yesterday year once in a while, so many good times I would love to do again...hey ho. life moves on and the days turn to weeks, months, years and decades lol problem is my head at my age, its hard to fit in anywhere so...here I am still immaturely growing up old on the internet and enjoying life!
I only remember Nickelodean, Doug, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tiny Toons, commercials for Pure Moods, Skip-It and various other kid's toys.

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 04-02-2017, 02:30 AM   #16
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Pure Moods guys

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 04-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #17
Thomas
Savage Mad Cunt
South Central Sealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
I only remember Nickelodean, Doug, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tiny Toons, commercials for Pure Moods, Skip-It and various other kid's toys.
I grew up with the darnest things..

The funny part is that it hardly matters if you understand Danish, because it was mostly just nonsense anyway. They gave themselves a carte blance here in the 80s to do whatever sprung to mind, no matter if a child would understand any of it or not. The truth is that it made little sense to most adults as well.

------------------
Thanks to Thomas
I/O_Madness (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 06:40 PM   #18
Creepr
Soundscaper
Germany

Hey guys, how are the projects going? I am really feeling this one. Got a super DnB thing going. Thank the FSM I have a shatload of sound mangling VSTs.

------------------
Thanks to Creepr
Thomas (05-02-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #19
Tode
IDMf Artist
Tode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MC
Göteborg
MC Status: 108655302

I really enjoy this sample pack, very fun and interesting stuff to play around with. Gonna try to wank out something with this.

------------------
How I Faced the Storm

YO Three

Tode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:07 AM   #20
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Finally got the samples starting to settle in Maschine, with some patterns and scenes I'm feeling comfortable with. Just need to formulate some ideas, export to cubase and start the song structure and production process.
Got another project (which is quite large and complex) running in tandem, so see which direction inspiration chooses!
Hoping for some great subs on this one...very interesting and usable samples.
One week to go....

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
good to see you in here, whatever you do..submit ;0)

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Think Im kind of along the same lines...D&B/Breaks beats with some interesting leads. Thinking late 90's drum and bass/dub. We will see...never pans out quite how I envisage from the beginning. That's what makes it so darn interesting!

Advertisements

------------------