[Dark Electronic Bass] Chaotix - I Remember
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-30-2017, 03:17 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752500
[Dark Electronic Bass] Chaotix - I Remember

The vocals are from a Deadmau5 track haha. Made this in a day so it's not really polished, but i thought it was kind of neat.

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dark Electronic Bass] Chaotix - I Remember.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:36 AM   #2
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
Re: [Dark Electronic Bass] Chaotix - I Remember

Now on a second listen i think the first sidechainish saw goes on for too long, damn it haha.

------------------
Old 01-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65310
Thanked 1,306 Times in 985 Posts

The only thing I don't like is the pumping/breathing of the sidechainish saw. You could run it though a trance-gate instead to give the tune some relief from it. That's how I often cope with a pad that's a bit too strong to use long-term. Please give the trance-gate (amplitude arpeggiator) idea a try; I think it could really help, and if it didn't at least you'd have a new technique for your bag of tricks.

Sounds pretty good to me, overall. It shows promise.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:46 AM   #4
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
The only thing I don't like is the pumping/breathing of the sidechainish saw. You could run it though a trance-gate instead to give the tune some relief from it. That's how I often cope with a pad that's a bit too strong to use long-term. Please give the trance-gate (amplitude arpeggiator) idea a try; I think it could really help, and if it didn't at least you'd have a new technique for your bag of tricks.

Sounds pretty good to me, overall. It shows promise.
Yeah I normally don't sidechain that heavy, as I'm not really a fan of the pumping sound, but i thought it kind of somewhat worked. Good to know it doesn't haha, thanks for the input, dude.

------------------
Old 01-30-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

tbh - i dont mind the sidechaining.... this is nice man - i like the vocal sample A LOT in this.... and with the trappy drums, this is great man - like trap-hop not trip hop, breezy and nice...like the synth breakdown at about 1.40 really nce melody synth that follows after the drop, id lift that a bit - if your worried about it interferring with the vocal, then use the vocal line to sidechain it a bit.... nice stuff my man... followed on Soundcloud fo sho foo' - oh it cuts off too soon, let that ambience/reverb tail drift to nothing my man, THEN finish it...

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:50 AM   #6
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyLand INC. View Post
tbh - i dont mind the sidechaining.... this is nice man - i like the vocal sample A LOT in this.... and with the trappy drums, this is great man - like trap-hop not trip hop, breezy and nice...like the synth breakdown at about 1.40 really nce melody synth that follows after the drop, id lift that a bit - if your worried about it interferring with the vocal, then use the vocal line to sidechain it a bit.... nice stuff my man... followed on Soundcloud fo sho foo' - oh it cuts off too soon, let that ambience/reverb tail drift to nothing my man, THEN finish it...
Thanks man, I wanted to kind of get really weird with this one. I ended up changing the whole start of the track for the better I think. So thanks for your input!

------------------
Old 01-31-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
Beid
Microknight
Beid is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

What's up haha. Seems like u have a lot in your bAg of tricks and u are choosey with what u do, which is cool. U got a signature haha style.
Beid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:32 AM   #8
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Yeah i definitely try to do my own thing and try not to let other artists influence me too much, but it is kind of tough sometimes.

------------------
Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #9
Mario D
Radial Developer
Mario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to behold
Croatia
MC Status: 860

Chaotix so talented. Great songs, nothing much can a person add.
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #10
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1823527

You should keep an eye on some of the IDM NEt Label artists, see if there's any remix opportunities. I know Jazzyspoon did one recently (last year or so).
Nice work and different to your usual vibe of late. Reminds me of the Buddha Lounge albums.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:48 AM   #11
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
You should keep an eye on some of the IDM NEt Label artists, see if there's any remix opportunities. I know Jazzyspoon did one recently (last year or so).
Nice work and different to your usual vibe of late. Reminds me of the Buddha Lounge albums.
Yeah that's actually a good idea! I'll keep an eye on that stuff since I'm always in this forum anyways haha.

Advertisements

------------------