Is it OK to share a mix's artist lineup before the mix airs?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 26-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
clocolan
Analog Lurker
clocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant future
Providence, RI
MC Status: 1710
Is it OK to share a mix's artist lineup before the mix airs?

I wanted to acknowledge some of the artists beforehand, to give them time to spread the word about the mix's air date/time, but I don't know if "spilling the beans" about which artists are in a mix is kosher. Can you tell how often I do this?

I assume it's OK by the station about to air it--the more listeners, the better--but wanted to check first. Any advice?

Advertisements

clocolan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744018691
Thanked 7,025 Times in 4,373 Posts
Re: Is it OK to share a mix's artist lineup before the mix airs?

I would say that's fine.
Don't issue the exact playlist of course, but how else would you get anyone interested in your mix who hasn't heard you (or whoever) mixing before?

------------------
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
clocolan (26-01-2017)
Old 26-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
clocolan
Analog Lurker
clocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant futureclocolan has a brilliant future
Providence, RI
MC Status: 1710

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
I would say that's fine.
Don't issue the exact playlist of course, but how else would you get anyone interested in your mix who hasn't heard you (or whoever) mixing before?
Yep, that's kinda what I thought. Thanks!
clocolan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #4
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80990280
Thanked 4,001 Times in 2,598 Posts

most mixes I see promoted out there mention a few names that are supposed to lure you in.

Advertisements

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote