[distorted/crushed]White Noise- In the Crusher
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 20-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #1
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 20360
[distorted/crushed]White Noise- In the Crusher

Hey everyone, I've been fiddling with something that's faster and more distorted than anything I've tried in, like, a year now. To me this feels unfinished, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I was thinking about trying to clear up the mix (not too much, I just bussed out that lead before rendering and now I think it's too loud, so I'd pull that back a bit) and write some more pattern variations (all the 'glitching' and so such is a by-product of the midi data and the distortion used, so that's a big part of how this sounds). Not sure though, and would welcome any input, even if you don't have any ideas, just letting me know if I'm on the right track would be a big help (I don't have much of a frame of reference for this stuff except old Justice and videogame music). Many thanks.

Last edited by White Noise; 19-02-2017 at 06:45 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [distorted/crushed]White Noise- In the Crusher.
Old 23-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69882569
Re: [distorted/crushed]White Noise- In the Crusher

Fun melodies and modulations. I think you're on the right track

Criticisms:
1: Sounds spatially narrow in my headphones. Could do with some panning and maybe some spatial movement like a phasing/flanging/vibrato effect or two.

2: I'd like a bit more variation in the structure of the parts, maybe drop some bits out here and there, maybe introduce the drums differently... At 1:40ish you do this, I could have done with something like that earlier and a little more frequently throughout (without spoiling the flow of course).

3: I'd maybe like some more timbrel variation in terms of the flavours of distortion.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #3
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California

I haven't been working on much music lately, but I'm still hoping to finish this by the end of this month. I spent an hour just moving stuff around and adding a few new distortions basically, was hoping to see if this addressed some of your suggestions brb. Of course, still hoping to hear from everyone else too!

Last edited by White Noise; 19-02-2017 at 06:45 AM..

------------------
Also, check this out.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #4
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8410

you are on right way, everything expect bell after 1 min is too muddy was this intentional ? maybe "guitar" needs to be ducked under bell, also

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

well first off i think the snare and the hats are too low man.... im not feeling the 1, 2 kick snare pattern at the beginning - it sounds too fast imo for that type of drum beat

it gets interesting at anbot 1.20, the breakdown, bit, i like the synths there and twinkly xylophone (orwhatever samples come in) - sounds good when the drop comes back in, the drum pattern is much nicer....

Low end, to me ears is really nice throughout, nice mixture of clarity and warmth...

i dunno man, if i were you id scrap the entire first bit, up to the breakdown... the second half kills it (still needs louder snare and hats tho....too lo-fi IMO), the first half, not so much, and in this era of low attention spans the beginning section has to KILL

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:04 AM   #6
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
California

Alright, so my checklist for next time I sit down is going to be double check the low-end (I'll isolate it under around 200 hz and make sure it's clear down there, I do that before release of anything, just haven't gotten around to it), pump up the drums, and re-work the intro/first drop.

I'll double check the clarity of the stuff, but some mud is intentional, I wanted to get away from doing the squeaky clean mixes it feels like I've been doing for the better part of a year now. Was starting to feel like I was stuck in a rut. Thanks for the input guys, hopefully I'll get some time to look over this again this week and I can have a new version up this weekend.

------------------
Also, check this out.

Old 14-02-2017, 05:05 AM   #7
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
California

I wasn't able to do very much to this, I took out 8 bars (one chord prog) worth of intro, grooved up the drums in the first part, dialed back the distortion a bit, and added some movement to the main pad. Listening to it for the first time in a few days, I think it may be just enough to push this in the right direction. If all's well, I'll master it in the next few days and post the public release here.

Last edited by White Noise; 19-02-2017 at 06:46 AM..

------------------
Also, check this out.

Old 19-02-2017, 06:47 AM   #8
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
California

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

This is the release, free download if you'd like. I don't think it's perfect, but it gets the point across reasonably well and I have a lot of other irons in the fire right now, so best to call this done and move on for now.

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.