The Renoise thread
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 13-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
MC Status: 733436
The Renoise thread

it's a thread to discuss the wicked best ever tracker : RENOISE

the "render to sample" function is so wicked like the option to use fx in renoise instrument

there is some tools i like
akaizer
fractionnal note
and the rubberband timestretch

Advertisements

------------------
thanatos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #2
thanatos
Master of the LFO
thanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MCthanatos is a savage MC
Re: The Renoise thread

'ive got a pack of 1 gb of xrni legal and free but there seem to be nobody using renoise here ?

------------------
Thanks to thanatos
l3ug (17-07-2017)
Old 16-01-2017, 02:16 AM   #3
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11471154

renoise is pretty cool. i've wanted to use it but i've kinda been inactive for a bit and I'm trying to avoid purchasing things that will sit there and collect (virtual) dust. I am really intrigued by trackers tho, and Renoise is at the top of my list to try out. I use REAPER mainly, and was considering getting Redux, to kinda have the best of both worlds. But again, until I'm at a production output level I'm happy with, I'm on a hiatus from buying until I use what I have.

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness
FACEBOOK FACEBOOK FACEBOOK

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #4
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

if renoise has anything like the FL Studio step editor, I'd be into looking into a demo of it...
does it?

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 04:49 AM   #5
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nystagmus View Post
if renoise has anything like the FL Studio step editor, I'd be into looking into a demo of it...
does it?
It has a step editor that is built on lines of hex code! It's pretty neat. Note values are entered in hex (for example, "FA", or "1C", or "0B". You can also apply effects like reverse, delay and pitch to each note. It comes with built in samples and instruments, so you don't have to find your own loops or sounds.

Screenshots are here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

the second image shows the step editor, and the third has the pattern editor. It also has a nice sampler on it as well.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

^^ That's a link to the demo. You can use it as long as you like, and I believe it has all the features except that you can't use ASIO drivers and you can't render any of your songs, or freeze or anything that produces a wav file output, essentially. You CAN, however, save project files, which is why I was interested in giving it a run. So if you use it, you are stuck with built in drivers but if you're just programming beats and creating arrangements in Renoise, you're pretty much good to go. You can keep working on projects, as you have the save files, and if you every buy the full version you'll be able to just pick up where you left off. Not a bad way of trying it out and getting your feet wet sorta.

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 28-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
El°HYM
Learning The Ropes
El°HYM will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Renoise is one of the most underrated DAWs in da Game 4Sho!
El°HYM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to El°HYM
I/O_Madness (28-01-2017)
Old 02-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #7
SampleScienc
Knob Twiddler
SampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond reputeSampleScienc has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
MC Status: 2660

I bought Renoise last year, it's a very good DAW, the sampler in it is great. I only wish there was more up to date video tutorial for it.

------------------
SampleScienc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:56 AM   #8
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7236729

So, for those that are using up-to-date Renoise, regarding the phrase editor. I could use it similarly to the way instruments are set up in chiptrackers, essentially creating "phrases" that contain a large number of tracker commands really quickly to basically shape a basic waveshape into a drum or an FX - and then switch between phrases with tracker commands in the pattern editor.

Because that was the one thing that was missing from older versions of Renoise to me. Same effect could have been achieved, but it would have required insane ticks/line in the pattern editor. Now I could just spam that density into a short phrase and switch between phrases as I would between "instruments" on, say FamiTracker. I also assume I could have the phrases in a different BPM than the track proper?

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #9
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

I recently got Redux, and it's been nice. Been using a demo for a while, and finally bought a license.

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 05-02-2017, 02:45 PM   #10
Tode
IDMf Artist
Tode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MCTode is a savage MC
Göteborg
MC Status: 108655302

I've used Renoise for quite a while. At the moment I only use it for drum programming and some other tidbits, and then export it. I've come to really prefer doing arrangements in a 'left to right' layout rather than the tracker 'top down'.

------------------
How I Faced the Storm

YO Three

Tode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #11
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tode View Post
I've used Renoise for quite a while. At the moment I only use it for drum programming and some other tidbits, and then export it. I've come to really prefer doing arrangements in a 'left to right' layout rather than the tracker 'top down'.
i was really intrigued by Renoise and have been wanting to try it out for a while, but I'm also very much used to cutting and editing and mixing in a REAPER or Acid style program. Getting Redux was me trying to get the best of both worlds.

That's one complaint I do have about REAPER tho, is it doesn't come with a lot of good vsti's or effects. Some of the stuff it has is cool, I like the EQ, but I need a good crazy distortion unit like Sound Forge has, and good mangly kinda effects.

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 06-02-2017, 07:33 PM   #12
thanatos
Master of the LFO

i like the vertical interface
it brings you a composer way of thinking about music more then a loop building like other daw
and look [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 07-02-2017, 07:04 PM   #13
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7236729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingley View Post
So, for those that are using up-to-date Renoise...
Just popping in to say that I demoed it and it works exactly how I wanted it to.

HM to Renoise having a great, functional demo.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:48 AM   #14
l3ug
Analog Lurker
l3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of light
Livorno
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
'ive got a pack of 1 gb of xrni legal and free but there seem to be nobody using renoise here ?
thanks for X-Mas pack and i have discover tracker just recentrly, and some friends in a Fb italian page (called Synth Cafè ndr.) raccomended me SunVox, is a "Modular-tracker" (like renoise??) I'm not so informeb about this Daw lol but I've find SunVox so good, and hard of course

y. y i'm so noob on it..

I also use renoise for now to build amen or generate synth, I've read around that these Daw Trackers are back to generate a very high quality sound, compared to the most used Daw. it's true?

It should be easy to find, unfortunately at the moment I do not find the site

------------------
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 01:19 AM   #15
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

i'm steadily tweaking my linux laptop to run Renoise nicely, and once that happens am gonna be trying to do some stuff on there.

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness
Old 17-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #16
l3ug
Analog Lurker
l3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of lightl3ug is a glorious beacon of light
Livorno
MC Status: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
i'm steadily tweaking my linux laptop to run Renoise nicely, and once that happens am gonna be trying to do some stuff on there.

The bad thing about these operating systems is that many softwere / DAW do not run over them ... and yet they are so complti and valid, but at the same time difficult to use T.T

------------------
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K. Dick

l3ug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 04:46 PM   #17
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ug View Post
The bad thing about these operating systems is that many softwere / DAW do not run over them ... and yet they are so complti and valid, but at the same time difficult to use T.T
Renoise runs on Linux. Linux isn't too hard. I really enjoy using it, it's a fun OS to actually get into and learn the nitty gritty details of. Unlike Windows.

Advertisements

------------------
music by I/O_Madness

I/O_Madness