What monitor stands for Yamaha HS5m ?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #1
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 570801
What monitor stands for Yamaha HS5m ?

I decided to go for some studio improvement and the first thing will be stands for the monitors.

Can anybody recommend particular stands that go well with HS5m?

Any help appreciated! -

Advertisements

------------------
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 15360
Re: What monitor stands for Yamaha HS5m ?

ive put mine on a piece of wood and stuck them to the wall cheeper and looks better imo
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:05 PM   #3
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 56310
Thanked 1,126 Times in 763 Posts

ones that fit?

sorry, not sure there is much more to say. Make sure they are stable and don't fall over easily and fit size wise. Another thing to look out for is to make sure that they don't vibrate/wobble.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8497530
Thanked 6,132 Times in 4,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
ones that fit?

sorry, not sure there is much more to say. Make sure they are stable and don't fall over easily and fit size wise. Another thing to look out for is to make sure that they don't vibrate/wobble.
This. Also, even though there was some "padding" on my stands when I bought them, it wasn't nearly enough to stop the monitors from creating resonance in the stands at certain frequencies. Ended up having to also by Auralex foam speaker pads to go with mine to make them usable.

Better stands might be made out of materials that don't resonante as much. Its probably also worth using a level to see if the floor in your studio is level. Turned out mine wasn't and I didn't buy stands with weighted bottoms which makes my stands really unstable. Or if you can splurge for stands with weighted bases just do that.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #5
Orray
Soundscaper
Orray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to beholdOrray is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 860

Have used IsoAcoustics L8R155 before, and they do a pretty good job if you're wanting desktop stands (as opposed to floor stands).

------------------
Orray is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Orray
Numerical (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 03:13 AM   #6
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45930881
Thanked 5,454 Times in 3,453 Posts

^ This. I have some of these too and they are fantastic. Not cheap, but the separation is very noticeable in all the A/B'ing I have done. Even if you go the DIY route and just make some cheap wood stands, adding these on top will help. I'd pick them over those isopads that Auralex make any day.

If you're looking for proper stands, depending on your mixing space you could look into making some really quality stands with PVC piping with leadshot in them. Or, buy some

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

All really depends on how serious you're getting with the acoustics. It does matter how the room sounds and money will have to be spent to make it the best it can be but you can be frugal and get it done if you look into making these things yourself.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:44 AM   #7
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 41710

I got these here:

IsoAcoustics Aperta Isolation Stands - Aluminum (pair) [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Not stands, but awesome. Use them with HS-8's.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #8
Biodiode
Learning The Ropes
Biodiode has a spectacular aura aboutBiodiode has a spectacular aura about
near Blackpool
MC Status: 160

I agree with liquid_air, used to use mopads for isolation but was not entirely satisfied. Really like the IsoAcoustic stands though, difference to me was night and day.
Biodiode is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:59 PM   #9
slugware
Master of the LFO
slugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MCslugware is a savage MC
MC Status: 570801

Hey, thanks for all the replies, dudes. I wasn't aware that thread has been active at all.

Some good suggestions here. I fancy those IsoAcoustics aluminum stands.

The thing with the hs50m's is that they do not have mounting thread. So i have to figure something out.

So one has too be extra cautious the speakers won't fall off the stands , i guess.

Thanks for suggestions!

------------------
slugware is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:19 AM   #10
iDoG
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 15810

My suggestion is always the same for these kind of threads: cinder blocks and sheets of fabric for aesthetics. total should be around 30 bucks and they will be sturdy as fuck.

Advertisements

iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote