Controller with nicest keys
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-30-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis
MC Status: 18160
Controller with nicest keys

I've been looking around online recently for a 49 keyboard controller to replace my current one, which has a couple warped keys and is seeing some wear after 7 years

basically I'm just trying to find something with really nice keys on it and no extra bullshit on it, I don't need a portable workstation

Nektar Impact GX49 is looking like the winner so far

Advertisements

stray medicine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #2
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80984430
Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,525 Posts
Re: controller with nicest keys

do you mean the feeling of the keys? are you used to a piano touch?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #3
Vault O)))
Master of the LFO
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 13560

I've never had the problem of bad keys. No name-calling or anything.

Just get something with aftertouch and you're set

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:42 AM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150360
Thanked 3,007 Times in 2,235 Posts

I have an NI KOMPLETE KONTROL S61, so it should come as no surprise that I'm recommending your go with either the 25 key or 49 key version..given you say you want a 49 key controller. Each of these controllers come with Fatar keybeds, which feel really solid to play on and come pretty close to those found on high-end pianos and keyboards.

The 25 key one sells on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for €399.00, but you also get both the KOMPLETE KONTROL software and KOMPLETE 11 SELECT..which is 11 of their instrument..including both MASSIVE and MONARK. It's not a bad deal for for the price if you don't have any of these already.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
stray medicine (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 01:21 AM   #5
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
stray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MCstray medicine is a savage MC
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
do you mean the feeling of the keys? are you used to a piano touch?
yeah, I'm used to playing piano
I need something sturdy, I hate the flimsy plastic keys on my m-audio keyboard
Old 12-01-2016, 01:25 AM   #6
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
I have an NI KOMPLETE KONTROL S61, so it should come as no surprise that I'm recommending your go with either the 25 key or 49 key version..given you say you want a 49 key controller. Each of these controllers come with Fatar keybeds, which feel really solid to play on and come pretty close to those found on high-end pianos and keyboards.

The 25 key one sells on [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for 399.00, but you also get both the KOMPLETE KONTROL software and KOMPLETE 11 SELECT..which is 11 of their instrument..including both MASSIVE and MONARK. It's not a bad deal for for the price if you don't have any of these already.
I will definitely look into this
thanks man
Old 12-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #7
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1524777
Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,128 Posts

get the NI 88 key weighted controller and have the keys dipped in gold.

that would be the nicest.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
Vault O))) (12-03-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #8
iDoG
iDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MCiDoG is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 15810

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post

NI better thrown in THE GOLD FINGER to sweeten the deal.

sorry, i'll show myself out.
iDoG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post

I just want something with some weight and heft to it and doesn't feel like it's going to break if it gets dropped
Old 12-03-2016, 12:23 AM   #10
Cat3
Deep Underground
Cat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MC
MC Status: 13389
Re: Controller with nicest keys

I have a nektar LX49 and the keys suck, they make a loud springy noise when I hit them quicky (e.g. programming hihats or drum patterns) I'm considering selling it for a komplete kontrol 49 but I really like how the nektar interacts with my daws. also I'm not a fan of the komplete kontrol software and the flashy lights on each key. update us here about your chiice as I'm searching for the same kind of keyboard controller!

------------------
Cat3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:06 AM   #11
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150360
Thanked 3,007 Times in 2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat3 View Post
I have a nektar LX49 and the keys suck, they make a loud springy noise when I hit them quicky (e.g. programming hihats or drum patterns) I'm considering selling it for a komplete kontrol 49 but I really like how the nektar interacts with my daws. also I'm not a fan of the komplete kontrol software and the flashy lights on each key. update us here about your chiice as I'm searching for the same kind of keyboard controller!
For the record, those lights can be turned off and it's really simple to do.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Cat3 (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #12
Cat3
Deep Underground
Cat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MCCat3 is a savage MC

thanks god!

------------------
Thanks to Cat3
A.M (12-04-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 01:53 AM   #13
stray medicine
Savage Mad Cunt
Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat3 View Post
I'm not interested in using it for drums, I have a pad controller
how's it when you aren't playing every note staccato? :p
Old 12-06-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
Cat3
Deep Underground

honestly the keys' quality feels quite cheap to me. but it also depends on personal taste. if you need good keys my advice is go and try a few in a store before buying.

------------------
Thanks to Cat3
stray medicine (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:15 PM   #15
Eu Santi
Regular Freak
Eu Santi will become famous soon enoughEu Santi will become famous soon enough
Madrid
MC Status: 110

Nektar Panorama
Eu Santi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #16
Cat3
Deep Underground

getting a roli seaboard rise 25 for christmas... lately I'm digging deeply into modulations in my sound design, so the seaboard's MPE (multidimensional polyphonic expression) standard attracts me hugely, also it's fully supported by bitwig, which I'm totally fond of in a while!

------------------
Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #17
Enoh7
Learning The Ropes
Enoh7 is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Studiologic for good piano keys.

Advertisements

Enoh7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote