Expand2 Rompler available for $1 (29/11/16 only)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Go Back » The Studio » The Studio
Old 29-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #1
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744015591
Thanked 6,963 Times in 4,342 Posts
Expand2 Rompler available for $1 (29/11/16 only)

Nice one to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for the headsup on this.
I haven't tried it tbh, just thought I'd pass on the info to you guys.

Quote:
Sometimes, what you need is just a sound. And the best thing for your creativity is to get to that sound quickly – not to start thinking about which plug-in you’re meant to use.

With that in mind, you can get AIR’s terrific XPand!2 almost for free. (Pricing around a dollar, depending on region.)

First made for Pro Tools, but now available for any Mac or Windows host, XPand!2 kind of does everything. I remember that first joy in the early 90s of dialing through lots of sounds – wow, I can have brass, or strings, or synths, or some “ethnic” thing as they’re calling it that I may or may not recognize, or other oddities or whatever. Now, this category, called derivatively “ROMpler” for providing simple playback, actually can remain useful. Maybe you just need one of those sounds, or maybe you want a simple sound like that to route through effects and turn into something else.

But that said, XPand!2 is a lot more than a ROMpler.

You can set up sophisticated performance features (zones, arpeggiators), modulation, and effects. You can combine voices. There are “Smart Knobs” and other useful features for pulling that together. It’s kind of like getting a workstation keyboard for a dollar. There are powerful features, and dozens of effects.

It’s also got other sound engines in there – FM synthesis and virtual analog and tonewheel.

It’s all pretty ridiculous to get this for $0.97. There’s a full gigabyte of sounds.

In other words, I can’t think of much else out there that’s in the “free or nearly free” zone that does what this does.

Reverb.com is selling instant downloads:
Air Music Technology XPand!2 Workstation

It’s a Cyber Monday sale, through today the 29th only.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
BALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MC
խելագար սեւահեր
MC Status: 11265214
Re: Expand2 Rompler available for $1 (29/11/16 only)

nice 1 m8, ty

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
BALLZ! is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to BALLZ!
lolirl (29-11-2016)
Old 29-11-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1528777
Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,172 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

Downloading now.

-c

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
lolirl (30-11-2016)
Old 29-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #4
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1528777
Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,172 Posts

I've already made a half dozen 90's RnB tunes w this.

thanks!

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
lolirl (30-11-2016)
Old 29-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
Eddddt
Minor Glitch
Eddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to allEddddt is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

I got this for $1 a couple months ago and it's really got some damn fine presets. I use it quite a bit. Well worth it.
Eddddt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #6
sbj
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
sbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond reputesbj has a reputation beyond repute
Copenhagen
MC Status: 6610

It's on sale again till the end of the year here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
sbj is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to sbj
lolirl (19-12-2016)