Free Sample and Preset demo files (Serum, Nerve...)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 17-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Metaside
Soundscaper
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6560
Icon3 Free Sample and Preset demo files (Serum, Nerve...)

Hi guys,

I recently started releasing some of my samples and presets on Synthmob, if you like you can download and use the free preview packs:

- the demo for "Serum Metaworks" includes 17 presets for Xfer Records Serum:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

- the demo for "Strange Percussion for Nerve" includes 2 drum and 3 percussion kits for Xfer Records Nerve:

- the demo for "Strange Percussion" includes drum and percussion samples and loops as well as drum kits for Ableton Impact:

- the demo for "Cybernetic FX" includes some FX, impact and texture samples:

Feedback on sound design, audio preview, demo selection, presentation, whatever would also be much appreciated!

Enjoy!

Advertisements

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 19660
Re: Free Sample and Preset demo files (Serum, Nerve...)

im just happy you dinnt release a filthy vomit dubstep pack for serum that every fucker and there dog decides to release
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Metaside
Soundscaper
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute

Well, tbh it also has quite a few bass- and mid-heavy wobbling or morphing sounds that can be used in dubstep in the BS, SQ and SY categories lol... part of the preview goes into that direction - I hope that stuff too sounds somewhat original. Anyways, it also has a lot of other stuff ^^

------------------
Old 17-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 181060
Thanked 3,621 Times in 2,700 Posts

I just took the Serum ones for a spin and have to say they sound pretty good in general, though there is a bit of "sameness" to them..think it's the SAW sound in most of them. I get that Serum has a pretty individual sound and it might be hard to turn out something different, but a few more Sine-based pads would have been nice.

Personally, being into ambient music, I wouldn't have much use for these in their current state/form..but that's not a negative thing at all..just that they're not really suited to my kind of music I guess.

All that said, I'm sure there are plenty of peeps on here who will just love em.

Good luck with selling them..hope it works out for you.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #5
Metaside
Soundscaper

Thanks for checking it out and also for the feedback and suggestions, of course! It's true, for many presets in this pack, sine waves were mostly used as background subs and maybe abused for FM synthesis I guess I just love my saws and squares...

Thanks again for the feedback and the kind words, it means a lot to me that you liked the sound design!

------------------
Thanks to Metaside
A.M (17-11-2016)
Old 23-12-2016, 11:59 PM   #6
Metaside
Soundscaper

My Xmas gift this year: 50 free exclusive SFX samples:

All are mono WAV files made using image-resynthesis, no additional processing.

I use some of these and similar samples as SFX sounds, for granular synthesis and also to generate wavetables, but I'm confident some of you can find much more interesting applications

Also, you can use YAY50 as a 50% off coupon in the complete Synthmob shop until Dec 27.

Merry Christmas | Happy Holidays | Enjoy!

Advertisements

------------------