JJOS Free vs XL
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #1
turtleneck
Granular Poster
turtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura aboutturtleneck has a spectacular aura about
The sticks
MC Status: 210
JJOS Free vs XL

I got myself a used MPC 2500 about half a year ago. I've never really been into the hardware thing, mainly because I couldn't figure out how to set it up. But now I'm getting really used to using the MPC as my main sequencer and my basically as a vst host. I even might get myself an S900/S100o or some shit like that, if I can get my hands on a cheap one - I've started to run into the polyphony problem all the time.

But I've also run into little things, that annoy the bejesus out of me. Like that the q-links can't send midi. Small shit like that. I mean it's hardly worth it to pay 130$ for two midi sliders and two knobs right?

So is there anyone who has any say on this? Is The JJOS XL upgrade worth it? Is there any real reason to cough up the dosh?

Advertisements

------------------
Come on, eat your desiccated squid and marinated fennel,
or you won't be allowed to watch Akira Kurosawa's Throne of Blood.
Or any of his oeuvre.
turtleneck is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Plug - Military Jazz
Old 10-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20910
Re: JJOS Free vs XL

My MPC came with jjosxl, so I don't have any experience with the other OS but from deciphering the manual and using my MPC I can say I wouldn't change OS, it is pretty awesome. I am actually starting to use my computer with reason as a sound module and sequence and sample the reason rack from my hardware.
Anyways, I would check out the OS comparison charts and see the difference. But jjosxl is great for sure!

Advertisements

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote