Worst VSTI and VST you ever had
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-22-2016, 09:49 PM   #1
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 7710
Worst VSTI and VST you ever had

What is worst software synth\effects you ever had ? fixed soundfont players and romplers dont count but you can include these too

Advertisements

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Vault O)))
Master of the LFO
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 13460
Re: Worst VSTI and VST you ever had

daHornet, possibly.

Most freeware synths and FX make the cut for me, unless they're highly experimental on purpose and not just glitchy due to poor programming.
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:34 PM   #3
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 15360

sylenth 1
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
mnkvolcno (10-23-2016)
Old 10-22-2016, 11:19 PM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150360
Thanked 3,007 Times in 2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
sylenth 1
Really? Why so? Would love to hear your thoughts, as all I've ever heard are good things about this one.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:13 AM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Really? Why so? Would love to hear your thoughts, as all I've ever heard are good things about this one.
overly priced basic in terms of useability and sound desighn (yea its easy to use and to get to grips with but thats it theres no learning curve with that synth and it just seems to go on toward making nothing but sounds for dance music thats it it has no multi genre purpose) Plus its been raped to death to the point now i can here it in tracks and pin point it out automatically and therefore lacks any sort of inspiration for me to use it.
Thanks to joem
A.M (10-23-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 01:22 AM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 150360
Thanked 3,007 Times in 2,235 Posts

Quote:
overly priced basic in terms of useability and sound desighn (yea its easy to use and to get to grips with but thats it theres no learning curve with that synth and it just seems to go on toward making nothing but sounds for dance music thats it it has no multi genre purpose) Plus its been raped to death to the point now i can here it in tracks and pin point it out automatically and therefore lacks any sort of inspiration for me to use it.
Yeah..thanks..I get what you mean..it is kinda old I guess at this stage, though I've never used it myself, so I've no experience with it. Nearly bought it earlier this year..glad I didn't though, as I would have been rightly pissed to find it so limited after all the hot reviews I read about it.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:25 AM   #7
joem
Savage Mad Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Yeah..thanks..I get what you mean..it is kinda old I guess at this stage, though I've never used it myself, so I've no experience with it. Nearly bought it earlier this year..glad I didn't though, as I would have been rightly pissed to find it so limited after all the hot reviews I read about it.
if you want a synth like it thats way better and three thirds the cost get dune 2
Thanks to joem
A.M (10-23-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 01:29 AM   #8
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710

Quote:
if you want a synth like it thats way better and three thirds the cost get dune 2
Yeah dune 2 is quite good!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:51 AM   #9
st3aLth
Sample Destroyer
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2260

gotta think
say

I can not remember but all free vstis is a bad quality for sure
st3aLth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:47 AM   #10
White Noise
Digital Surfer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 11710

I think I'm lucky in that I read a lot of reviews and look around here before I get something, so I don't really have a lot of experience with bad vsts. That said, I've gotten some that I just don't like, and I think the biggest disappointment for me was Tone2 Rayblaster. I wanted to like it, learn it, and use it to do really unique stuff, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it.I remember watching the preview video, thinking that it sounded cool, and figuring I could learn how to do stuff like that from presets. I couldn't, and I could never figure out how to get the sound I wanted out of it. I moved on and use Harmor now when I want to get experimental.
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
st3aLth (10-23-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 06:08 AM   #11
st3aLth
Sample Destroyer
st3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond reputest3aLth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I think I'm lucky in that I read a lot of reviews and look around here before I get something, so I don't really have a lot of experience with bad vsts. That said, I've gotten some that I just don't like, and I think the biggest disappointment for me was Tone2 Rayblaster. I wanted to like it, learn it, and use it to do really unique stuff, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it.I remember watching the preview video, thinking that it sounded cool, and figuring I could learn how to do stuff like that from presets. I couldn't, and I could never figure out how to get the sound I wanted out of it. I moved on and use Harmor now when I want to get experimental.
Same here
Genesis by famous sound designer, can't learn that synths
In some russian boards(forums) people said that this synth is alternative to Vanguard
Old 10-23-2016, 06:10 AM   #12
st3aLth
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
But this is not a bad thing
Old 10-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #13
Evelon
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214387298
Thanked 2,777 Times in 1,735 Posts

The worst one was a freeware synth that had a neon pink GUI and I can't even remember its name (haven't found it when googling it, because I want to try it again). It had no parameter names and it was just a random mess. Usually I like these kinds of concepts (tweaking and listening, instead of "looking at the sound"), but this one just sucked.
I will try to find it again.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:17 AM   #14
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

about syletn 1... I like to hate on it for fun, but..

I do think it sounds kind of special. it really does sit well in a mix. It has a "lively" sound. That said, fuck that synth. It has so many limitations that are freaking ridiculous for a soft synth. You can't even control envelope amount with velocity.. yea.. wtf. Among many other things.

I don't think that it has to be a dance synth tho.. you have to be very careful with the unison if you want to avoid that, i.e. low detune amounts.

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
A.M (10-25-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #15
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8348

Quote:
Originally Posted by D42K732202 View Post
What is worst software synth\effects you ever had ? fixed soundfont players and romplers dont count but you can include these too
Oh that's easy. Any vst developed not knowing "don't allow keyboard focus" in FL is a thing. Lol.
jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #16
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39277599
Thanked 1,101 Times in 716 Posts

Looking through my VST folders, there's nothing in there right now that I don't like and use. Hmmm... Will have to think about this one.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #17
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 56310
Thanked 1,126 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3aLth View Post
gotta think
say

I can not remember but all free vstis is a bad quality for sure
Not all free vsts are automatically bad quality... I'm sure a lot are but definitely not all.

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to professurreal
A.M (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #18
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 7710

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
Not all free vsts are automatically bad quality... I'm sure a lot are but definitely not all.
nah dont agree, all free vsts suck and everyone who uses freeware is broke hobo, if you dont pay 200 bucks for software then kys, saw pad from massive so much better that from free vst that its totally worth throwing money

------------------
sent from another world
------------------
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #19
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 56310
Thanked 1,126 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D42K732202 View Post
nah dont agree, all free vsts suck and everyone who uses freeware is broke hobo, if you dont pay 200 bucks for software then kys, saw pad from massive so much better that from free vst that its totally worth throwing money

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #20
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

i'm becoming more confident that donkey42kong is a troll account.

Advertisements

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote