A release on Sony/Ultra please help.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-03-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
kennytynan
Minor Glitch
kennytynan will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
A release on Sony/Ultra please help.

Kenny Tynan from Roscommon, Ireland here. Hope you are keepin well.

I have written a track for a WAVO competition to get a release on Sony/Ultra, a dream come true for me. The track is a remix of Alle Farben's - Please Tell Rosie. I've beefed it up a little and made it more energetic. Hope you like it.

To get the release I need votes/hearts, and plenty of them, it only takes two seconds, just use your facebook account. Id be forever grateful.

Advertisements

kennytynan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #2
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45933681
Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,485 Posts
Re: A release on Sony/Ultra please help.

What I'll need from you in return:

1. Post in the correct subforum.
2. Buy and like my band's stuff. Link is in sig. Only takes 2 seconds. well, maybe 20.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #3
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 85600
Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,133 Posts

This would work better if we knew who you were. I mean, just showing up randomly and asking for stuff is cool too I guess. If this is your master plan for winning (because we all know the product the gets the most votes is the best amiright)- I don't see you winning anything. Maybe a more realistic goal?
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #4
kennytynan
Minor Glitch

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback, guess Im kind of a noob.
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
.. i tried to follow you on bandcamp, but it wouldnt allow me with an artist account, but I liked your facebook page.
- sorry bout that, thanks for the feedback. I understand that its all about getting votes, but a good artist in this day and age has to be a good marketer also don't you think? I dont normally enter these kind of things because Im sitting happily as an artist signed to numerous labels without getting any real traction. But this is for Sony/Ultra. Come on like Give a lad some slack, have you listened to the track? can you fault it?
Old 10-04-2016, 12:06 AM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 154060
Thanked 3,081 Times in 2,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytynan View Post
Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback, guess Im kind of a noob.
.. i tried to follow you on bandcamp, but it wouldnt allow me with an artist account, but I liked your facebook page.
- sorry bout that, thanks for the feedback. I understand that its all about getting votes, but a good artist in this day and age has to be a good marketer also don't you think? I dont normally enter these kind of things because Im sitting happily as an artist signed to numerous labels without getting any real traction. But this is for Sony/Ultra. Come on like Give a lad some slack, have you listened to the track? can you fault it?
Kenny, this basically makes you look bad, mate..you're not that long on here and yet you're pushing your stuff out there like this, which isn't bad in itself..but the way you're doing it comes across a bit "cheap"..hence the reaction from the guys here.

I mean you're not even trying to get to know anyone, yet you expect to just show up and have everyone support you and check out your work? You're not interacting with others on here at all. You posted over in the Introduce Yourself section and I and another one of the guys replied, welcoming you and you didn't even bother to come back or try to engage with us..and then this? Come on, man..it looks a bit cheap and shitty..like you're just here to spam you're stuff on the community..and that's never tolerated around here.

I'm not jumping on you at all in any way, just telling you how it is..one fellow Irish guy to another..it's up to you what you do with your membership here next.

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:35 AM   #6
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45933681
Thanked 5,510 Times in 3,485 Posts

So not only do I have to let this WAVO app have access to my email address on FB, I have to, according to my attempted vote on the WAVO site:

"Follow Today's Deep House, Music Is My Best Friend and Dance All Night on Spotify to participate."

Why, man? 2 seconds? I was trying to help you out but this part kinda threw a wrench into that set of gears quickly.

EDIt: I liked your FB page, probably the best I can do at this point. I have a Spotify account but I really don't use it and that seems like a rat's warren of links to go through just to vote you up.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:36 AM   #7
White Noise
Ghostly
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 13660

Decided to delete the old post because when I came back and read it after a few hours, it was just a really snarky lecture. Pls ignore me pls.

Last edited by White Noise; 10-04-2016 at 04:08 AM..
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:41 PM   #8
kennytynan
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Kenny, this basically makes you look bad, mate..you're not that long on here and yet you're pushing your stuff out there like this, which isn't bad in itself..but the way you're doing it comes across a bit "cheap"..hence the reaction from the guys here.

I mean you're not even trying to get to know anyone, yet you expect to just show up and have everyone support you and check out your work? You're not interacting with others on here at all. You posted over in the Introduce Yourself section and I and another one of the guys replied, welcoming you and you didn't even bother to come back or try to engage with us..and then this? Come on, man..it looks a bit cheap and shitty..like you're just here to spam you're stuff on the community..and that's never tolerated around here.

I'm not jumping on you at all in any way, just telling you how it is..one fellow Irish guy to another..it's up to you what you do with your membership here next.
Thanks for the advice, guess I went about it the wrong way. I didnt realise you guys were such a tight knit community here. I am sorry and hope to get to interact with you all better again.

I'm fetching my noob hat and wearing it for punishment for the evening. I hope this pleases the masters.

Namaste.
Old 10-05-2016, 12:55 AM   #9
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 154060
Thanked 3,081 Times in 2,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytynan View Post
Thanks for the advice, guess I went about it the wrong way. I didnt realise you guys were such a tight knit community here. I am sorry and hope to get to interact with you all better again.

I'm fetching my noob hat and wearing it for punishment for the evening. I hope this pleases the masters.

Namaste.
No punishment here, mate..only learning..and laughs along the way.

Just be yourself and try to get to know the guys an girls on here..they really are worth getting to know..and don't let the few langers on here put you off..even they have their good side, trust me.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote