Finding BPMs in repetitive sounds
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
Harko City
Minor Glitch
Harko City is just really niceHarko City is just really niceHarko City is just really niceHarko City is just really nice
Indiana
MC Status: 360
Finding BPMs in repetitive sounds

I'm looking for BPMs of repetitive noise. Preferably a VST, because I would like an exact BPM. Tapping it in would probably not work because it is a very fast pace and wouldn't be exact. A link to a (hopefully) free VST that can detect repetition and give a BPM or even a process to determine it.

Advertisements

Harko City is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:08 AM   #2
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024419
Re: Finding BPMs in repetitive sounds

i havent tried this myself but it looks like it will do the job:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183910
Thanked 3,678 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harko City View Post
I'm looking for BPMs of repetitive noise. Preferably a VST, because I would like an exact BPM. Tapping it in would probably not work because it is a very fast pace and wouldn't be exact. A link to a (hopefully) free VST that can detect repetition and give a BPM or even a process to determine it.
(Free)

($3.99)

Just do a search if one of these don't work for you.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:12 AM   #4
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183910
Thanked 3,678 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i havent tried this myself but it looks like it will do the job:

Wow..the two of us just happen to stumble across this post and reply at more or less the same time..amazing.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18024419

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Wow..the two of us just happen to stumble across this post and reply at more or less the same time..amazing.
lol must be the right software fo rthe job then

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Parricide
A.M (09-10-2016)
Old 18-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #6
kennytynan
Minor Glitch
kennytynan will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

in ableton you can line the track up to the first beat without warping it, then put it in session view, and zoom in and adjust the master bpm until the tracks transients line up with abletons. then turn on the click to check to see if its the right bpm, then warp.

Advertisements

kennytynan is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote