Massive Attack
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 29-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1831127
Massive Attack

Always been a huge fan of their music since the early 90's. Blue Lines the legendary Bristol Album absolute quality and a mainstream breaker for street music and trip-hop.

Interesting documentary if you're interested of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt2e4wv7Q_o

Gives a lot more of their background, the Wild Bunch record label and Bristols music scene. Very interesting.

Can see that they've just released 'Dear Friend' on vinyl. Not cheap for a 2 track vinyl, but then this is MA!

Last edited by MFXxx; 29-09-2016 at 02:24 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to MFXxx
relic (29-09-2016)
Old 29-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8523830
Thanked 6,658 Times in 4,748 Posts
Re: Massive Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Always been a huge fan of their music since the early 90's. Blue Lines the legendary Bristol Album absolute quality and a mainstream breaker for stree music and trip-hop.

Interesting documentary if you're interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt2e4wv7Q_o

Gives a lot more of their background, the Wild Bunch record label and Bristols music scene. Very interesting.

Can see that they've just released 'Dear Friend' on vinyl. Not cheap for a 2 track vinyl, but then this is MA!
Huge fan here as well. Was gutted when a friend near Miami had tickets and said if I could afford the airfare he would take care of everything else. Of course I couldn't...I usually don't have an extra $600 lying around.

I'll check out that docu for sure though. Don't think I've ever seen on specifically on MA. I was a bit disappointed with their last offering. The LP that was orange on the cover w/ the weird face? None of the songs were awful, but nothing grabbed me the way most of their old tunes do. I'll have to have another listen.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13510

@relic , Heligoland? I felt the same way about that album when it first came out. I bought it last year and gave it another chance and it grew on me in a whole new way. It is an awesome album IMO.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to vashima
relic (29-09-2016)
Old 29-09-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8523830
Thanked 6,658 Times in 4,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashima View Post
@relic , Heligoland? I felt the same way about that album when it first came out. I bought it last year and gave it another chance and it grew on me in a whole new way. It is an awesome album IMO.
That is the one. I'll have to give it another spin.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
NewWorldOrder
Solar Tribal Chief
NewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MCNewWorldOrder is a savage MC
Texas
MC Status: 19360

I like the recent music they have been making A LOT more than the old music. For me when it comes to trip-hop I am not much of a massive attack guy, but the new stuff is pretty good. I like a few of their older songs, but to me the new stuff as a whole project is better.

------------------
NewWorldOrder is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 52960
Thanked 1,059 Times in 758 Posts

whoa wtf really? @relic @vashima

Heligoland was awesome, tight production, snappy. in your face. they had something to say. Splitting the Atom, Girl I love you, Paradise Circus, Psyche, Flat of the Blade...literally the whole album lool

and this next affair, especially with that EP Rituals EP, that was fucking awesome. Vodoo in my blood is like a magic spell. the new tracks with Ghostpoet and sandoval are beautiful

come near me i had to get into cause ghostpoets opening sequence is a little jarring before he gets to the verses.

and if The Spoils doesn't make you wanna go fuck someone i dunno. you no human

new album will probably be darker, slinking back into their trip hoppy apparitions. trickys track is good too.

Advertisements

SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote